Author Topic: Important Update  (Read 59183 times)

dalymount

Re: Important Update
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2018, 08:27:54 am »
I cant understand it lippy.the drivers DO NOT need these cunts ,yet they have invited them to take over our industry,and allowed themselves to be treated as employees.you couldnt make it up

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2018, 08:33:40 am »
If you consider that no 2 drivers will earn exactly the same money in a week and think of the factors that keep workers together in salaried jobs, it's quite simple........... no common threat. The neurosurgeon in a hospital ward finds himself talking to the cleaner in the bed opposite because they are united temporarily by a threat. Trying to stay ahead was always the name of the game in this biz..........the threat being other drivers and the perception they were earning more than you etc...in short, GREED.

In fairness, though, radio companies weren't trying to change the nature of the business. App providers are and will succeed eventually. Few yrs left yet though.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:39:53 am by The Liffey Lip »

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2018, 09:19:59 am »
The apps have their place.I'd still rather pay an an app company than an old-fashioned despatch company.Ebbs and Vinny want 100 to 115 a week plus a 7% of account work.Fuk that.I haven't worked a full week in years.

Everyone is looking after their own patch.The airport lads are busy so we won't hear any complaints from them and rightly so.The lads who used to work the city centre ranks have been broken up since the luas works deleted a few ranks.Many have just resigned themselves to working with Mytaxi rather than squeezing onto ranks away from the main footfall around the city center.

The damage Mytaxi are doing is reversible.As soon as word gets around that drivers are getting 5/8 grand tax bills regularly the mood will shift.Oncw ya start declaring big numbers there's no going back without drawing attention to yourself.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:33:10 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline Billy boy

« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2018, 11:05:23 am »
The apps have their place.I'd still rather pay an an app company than an old-fashioned despatch company.Ebbs and Vinny want 100 to 115 a week plus a 7% of account work.Fuk that.I haven't worked a full week in years.

Everyone is looking after their own patch.The airport lads are busy so we won't hear any complaints from them and rightly so.The lads who used to work the city centre ranks have been broken up since the luas works deleted a few ranks.Many have just resigned themselves to working with Mytaxi rather than squeezing onto ranks away from the main footfall around the city center.

The damage Mytaxi are doing is reversible.As soon as word gets around that drivers are getting 5/8 grand tax bills regularly the mood will shift.Oncw ya start declaring big numbers there's no going back without drawing attention to yourself.
can't understand why lads keep banging on about getting big tax bills cause you work my taxi. I know lads that have been working national radio cads, expert and lynk or global or City cads, what their called now,for years and nearly every euro they made from those cab companies were on account. Very little cash made. But it's only since my taxi came along lads are talking about the big tax bills.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2018, 11:16:25 am »
Do any of them cab companies pay by check? I suppose the big difference is many rank workers don't pay much and the serious amount of rank work that has shifted towards the app means more of it is recorded leading to bigger bills.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:19:56 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2018, 11:37:01 am »
The difference is twofold, ease of calculation and market penetration, I guess.

Every mytaxi job, cash or account, gives rise to commission. Commission / 12 * 100 = mytaxi Fares, mytaxi Fares * 1.25 (for arguments sake) = Gross Taxi Fares.

When I was with Blue Cabs most lads switched the radio off periodically to do some street work for cash. Street work isn't so plentiful given mytaxi's market penetration and it is a lot more risky than it used to be.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2018, 11:40:42 am »
In fact, it's threefold! mytaxi work also gives rise to an audit trail. Any auditor worth his salt would get a very good idea of the proportion of work attributable to mytaxi from drilling down/compliance testing a few shifts. The weekly invoices include every detail, start/finish time of each job, etc, etc...

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2018, 12:03:19 pm »
Private companies are not subject to the FOI act either.

Offline Billy boy

« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2018, 01:31:57 pm »
Private companies have to hold on to a drivers job history for a certain amount of time,i don't know how long. When I handed back the radio to the cab company I was with, the owner of the cab company wasn't to impressed and gave me a ring just to tell me how many jobs I did the previous month and the month before that and the month before that.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2018, 01:43:01 pm »
Private companies have to hold on to a drivers job history for a certain amount of time,i don't know how long. When I handed back the radio to the cab company I was with, the owner of the cab company wasn't to impressed and gave me a ring just to tell me how many jobs I did the previous month and the month before that and the month before that.

Revenue require us to hold on to records for five years...which reminds me to shred documents i no longer need to keep....i love shredding....and that's not a euphemism LL!!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2018, 01:49:50 pm »
Not what I meant.......cottaging is not storing records off-site either.

dalymount

« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2018, 02:15:48 pm »
I thought it was 8 years

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2018, 02:18:07 pm »
6 years.

dalymount

« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2018, 02:56:11 pm »
My accountant told me not to shred anything for 8 years,so thats why I thought it was 8-can they go back as far as the like rat ?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2018, 03:25:12 pm »
I believe its 6 years. When I joined Hailo I remember them saying that they would not be sharing records with revenue.

From what I know of revenue if they want to know what you had for lunch they will find out !

If they ever get their hands on Mybollix records or any iof the Radio companies "God help us All"
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Show Unread Posts