Author Topic: Key~less entry/ignition  (Read 2122 times)

Offline TheDevilHimself

Key~less entry/ignition
« on: March 01, 2018, 09:57:12 pm »
Well I picked up a guy last week in Stepaside who hailo'd me cos his Beemer was missing when he walked out his front door that morning and he needed to get to a meeting . he was mystified, there was no broken glass he still had his keys ect  ..the day before yesterday I picked a woman in Donnybrook who Realised when she came out for the cab that her car had been ransacked and half her stuff was on the street. no broken windows & she was sure she had locked it.  on our journey she told me that her brother in law had  a similar experience in Blanchardstown a few weeks back.And guess what I found yesterday morning ? yes my car had been ransacked  and  my E30 float was gone  >:(  . again no broken glass and I'm pretty sure I locked it. Could be worse I suppose.
Anyway I looked up the interweb and it seems now that they can boost  your key~less fob and open your locked car in your driveway and if it has  key~less ignition  they can even drive it away. so if you have one of these fobs  keep it in closed a metal box (a biscuit tin or such)as there seems to be a gang using this tech in Dublin lately.
Six legs good, four legs bad!

Offline Tony

Re: Key~less entry/ignition
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:29:25 am »
Do they still do biscuits in a tin?
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:32:25 am »
Hippo usually has loadsa special tin foil for sale on ebay!!

john m

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 08:22:53 am »
If you hit the dark web you can download an app that runs code and unlocks keyless cars or barriers .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 09:50:24 am »
Any links, erm?

I've heard of lads capturing the code as you lock/unlock a car but that dates back to remote central locking without the keyless ignition. Maybe I'm just getting old but keyless ignition, in my mind, is just about the most pointless technological advance known to man. Isn't the ignition switch a great place to keep your keys while you're driving?

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 01:05:15 pm »
I would have said the same about Key-less but now that I'm used to it,  it seems a pain to have to get my keys out of my pocket just to open or start the car. 
This new thing is a device that amplifies the signal coming from your fob inside your house and tricks the car into thinking that its near . A relay amplifier I think its called .
Six legs good, four legs bad!

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 05:59:17 pm »
Anyone driving a Merc , be aware!

8)

Show Unread Posts