Author Topic: Mytaxi online manual  (Read 3533 times)

Offline U Wha

Mytaxi online manual
« on: May 12, 2018, 09:00:11 pm »
My son is going for his spsv test and registered for the mytaxi online manual. But when logged it just says welcome and nothing else happening.

Any one know anything about it?

He was told if you consistently pass their version of test they would pay the test fee and maybe his licence application fee.

Told him go for it because unlikely that they can tie new drivers in.

Offline king

• Valued Contributor
Re: Mytaxi online manual
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 10:07:12 pm »
My son is going for his spsv test and registered for the mytaxi online manual. But when logged it just says welcome and nothing else happening.

He was told if you consistently pass their version of test they would pay the test fee and maybe his licence application fee.

WTF??????

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Offline U Wha

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 10:46:44 pm »

WTF??????

Eh which part has you vexed?  That mytaxi apparently are paying for tests?

Offline Korky

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:13:10 am »
Friend of mine used it and passed the test 3 weeks ago, said he wouldn’t have had a hope without using it, Once he has his car sorted and signs up with mytaxi they are going to credit his mytaxi account with €1k.
Every little helps.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 10:11:40 am »
Tell yer son to buy a map.We've enough morons in the business already.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 07:48:30 pm »
Tell yer son to buy a map.We've enough morons in the business already.

I drove a taxi/Hackney on and off for 16 years. I let the badge lapse and it took me 3 goes to pass the test again with no aides.

The test questions take getting used to.

My son probably knows Dublin better than me at this stage. He has been a courier for a few years.

Make sense for anyone to let a third party pay rather than paying yourself @ €90 a go. Plus he gets to practice with mytaxi for free. Better than paying that PVS training €100's for photocopied handoubts.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 11:28:21 pm »
Yer probably right.Don't mind me.The test has no credibility anymore though.Good times are gonna end eventually so tell yer son not to  burn all his courier bridges just yet.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 11:51:47 pm »
Yer probably right.Don't mind me.The test has no credibility anymore though.Good times are gonna end eventually so tell yer son not to  burn all his courier bridges just yet.

I sure will but don't think he plans on working a taxi in short term. His missus is a wedding planner so he wants the psv badge to operate a limo/wedding car.

Show Unread Posts