Author Topic: ins quote  (Read 2977 times)

john m

ins quote
« on: July 25, 2018, 09:02:25 am »
Got it this morning the car isnow 10so expected to be levied a little ,premium only up 50 from last year 2070 including gov tax and broker fees .Thats through Pierce .

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: ins quote
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:44:27 am »
Bonus protection?Who does Bj go through?I was told there's no premium for older cars from a lady in AXA.Mine is up too with no explanation except the rates are gone up.

dalymount

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 03:27:18 pm »
I went with BJP again.policy starts 3 days time.1790 euro that is WITHOUT bonus proctection though.they strongly advised me to add bonus protection,but it would have add 400 to the premium, so I said no thanks ill take my chances

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 03:54:44 pm »
Mine came in at 2k but went to 1600 after a phone call.But if I wanna add bonus protection its still 600 extra.Last year I paid about 1380 I think without bounus protection.Still a big increase.I'm ringing them dierct,no broker involved.

I think I removed everything extra like breakdown cover and windscreen cover.Never need them.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 05:07:03 pm »
They'll load your policy if you have a crash anyway and most policies have step back protection as standard so you need to consider what you're getting for €100s of euros where bonus protection is concerned. Ask for a written guarantee that your policy won't increase by more than 7% on foot of a claim and gauge the response... they'll direct you to the small print in the policy that explains "loading".

Offline watty

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 05:41:02 pm »
Got mine this week as well.  Up e100 exactly to 2.2k!  BJP is the broker.  Their valuation of my taxi has dropped by almost half from 8k to 5k. 

Can you go 3rd party F+T on a taxi? 

I'm still convinced a crash would put me out of business but nervous about taking action on it.  Thinking of dropping all 'extras' like bonus protection and comprehensive insurance.  I'd be lucky to get a fiver if I crashed my 11yr old Octavia with 400k km on the clock!

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 05:42:36 pm »
Yeah, I don't have Comp on mine.

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 06:19:49 pm »
Jeez watty,400 k is not much for an 11 year old taxi

Offline watty

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 06:35:34 pm »
I work smart, not hard  lol

Offline watty

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 06:37:44 pm »
Anyone ever heard of Taximac?

https://www.mig.ie/taxi-insurance

McCarthy Insurance Group has joined forces with Aviva to bring you Taximac. Taximac is more than just insurance cover, it is a package of benefits designed to help you achieve and maintain a high standard of professionalism and customer service. This product has been designed with self-employed owner/drivers in mind and recognises how important it is to have the most suitable products for your needs.

Taximac is unique in that its premium rates are based on a professional driving assessment, ensuring you get recognised for your expert driving.

This one-hour professional assessment is carried out by the Aviva Driving School and is designed to reward you for your safer driving with significant discounts – up to 35%* – on your insurance premium.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 07:51:34 pm »
Hibernian used to do something similar about 10 years ago. Almost went for one of their assessments but got a cheaper quote from Axa without any tests.

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 09:30:37 pm »
I recently heard something about that  thing with aviva.think it was on the Joe Duffy show,but as far as I remember it was being talked about in derogatory terms

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 10:17:49 pm »
Think I done that course for Aviva years ago(or maybe it was Hibernian)
Anyways, they put you in a room, show you a video and ask you questions on it. Then an instructor takes you for a drive, he drives like a learner gobshite and does a running commentary on what he is doing. Then they get you to drive, like a learner gobshite and they will judge you on everything you do.
Then it’s back to the room and they’ll show you the video again and ask 6a what would you do differently “after listening to these experts for the day”.

If I recall correctly the video clip used was about an accident in fog on a motorway in England and the person that was involved in the accident said that they were driving in the central lane of the motorway when the traffic came to a stop in thick fog, but there was no warning signs about the fog and the vehicles behind just plowed into them

Show Unread Posts