Author Topic: Tesla's Elon Musk expects 'robotaxis' to start in US next year  (Read 9583 times)

john m

Re: Tesla's Elon Musk expects 'robotaxis' to start in US next year
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2019, 10:33:56 am »
Think I posted this before .In the early 80s a Pal of mine became a Born Again Christian .His bird thought he was playing away so she asked me to go with him .It was a Gaff in Balgaddy the deal was whoevers house the meeting was held in chose the bit from the bible .Now remember this was the 80s no credit cards or Mobile phones for the plebs .The Preacher opened by saying .In the beginning there was the word and the word was God .He interpreted this as meaning only by talking can we get to the truth .Then he read another bit of the Gospel and said .The number of the beast shal be 666 he then warned the Devil deals in numbers because you can use many different numbers to get to the same answer unlike words which must make sense to get to the answer .He then went on to give an example of how these numbers would work and the example he gave was You will become a number PRSI no and you will have to use that number for everything and lets say you are playing away you get in your car you buy fuel based on how far you travel and how much fuel you use the Devil will know if you diverted from your so called destination.I remember thinking Fucking Nut Job but as he said The Word represents God Numbers represent the Devil In the 80s if you were dealing with government you gave your name DOD mothere maiden name and the girl on the counter looked through a filing cabinet and found your file .Now you give your PPs number for everything .When we go cashless then exactly what the Preacher was interpreting the bible to mean wiill have come to pass .

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2019, 10:44:26 am »
Glass not half empty

Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2019, 10:57:45 am »
Think I posted this before .In the early 80s a Pal of mine became a Born Again Christian .His bird thought he was playing away so she asked me to go with him .It was a Gaff in Balgaddy the deal was whoevers house the meeting was held in chose the bit from the bible .Now remember this was the 80s no credit cards or Mobile phones for the plebs .The Preacher opened by saying .In the beginning there was the word and the word was God .He interpreted this as meaning only by talking can we get to the truth .Then he read another bit of the Gospel and said .The number of the beast shal be 666 he then warned the Devil deals in numbers because you can use many different numbers to get to the same answer unlike words which must make sense to get to the answer .He then went on to give an example of how these numbers would work and the example he gave was You will become a number PRSI no and you will have to use that number for everything and lets say you are playing away you get in your car you buy fuel based on how far you travel and how much fuel you use the Devil will know if you diverted from your so called destination.I remember thinking Fucking Nut Job but as he said The Word represents God Numbers represent the Devil In the 80s if you were dealing with government you gave your name DOD mothere maiden name and the girl on the counter looked through a filing cabinet and found your file .Now you give your PPs number for everything .When we go cashless then exactly what the Preacher was interpreting the bible to mean wiill have come to pass .
Fckn Devil must be an accountant  lol
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2019, 11:22:33 am »
I skimmed through this video yesterday.It's really long but only gets going at 1hour 50 mins.

They say their autopilot has covered 70 million miles.That's real cars on the road now.They pull information off the customer's cars including video and pictures to teach the robot brain how to behave using fancy algorithms to recognise new things.It's really smart shit.So the Teslas are the trojan horse that collect the data to make the robot car drive better in the future.

https://youtu.be/Ucp0TTmvqOE

And 3 hours in he explains when and how it might happen.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 11:31:00 am by mercenary for hire »

john m

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2019, 12:13:32 pm »
Flaw iscars must be programmed not to kill so Bang Bang or Forty Coats or Mad Mary will just walk out in front of them car has to stop .Might work is Saudi or some Despotic State but Paddy will play with the traffic just for the hell of it .A lot of the tec willbe fitted to traditional cars to prevent crashes control speed .Big oil wont let it happen .My personal view is like Video recorders they will be invented used for a while then abandoned .They solve a problem that dosent exist .We have driverless we call them busses ,trains ,Taxies

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2019, 12:22:26 pm »
Flaw iscars must be programmed not to kill so Bang Bang or Forty Coats or Mad Mary will just walk out in front of them car has to stop .Might work is Saudi or some Despotic State but Paddy will play with the traffic just for the hell of it .A lot of the tec willbe fitted to traditional cars to prevent crashes control speed .Big oil wont let it happen .My personal view is like Video recorders they will be invented used for a while then abandoned .They solve a problem that dosent exist .We have driverless we call them busses ,trains ,Taxies
JM I'm sure our Insurance scammers will have a field day

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2019, 12:26:56 pm »
If Mad Mary walks out in front of yer taxi you're supposed to brake.The video evidence will decide whether you were speeding and braked quickly enough or whether Mary deserved to go to the mortuary.RIP Mary..

The cost of taxis,train,truck drivers are still relatively high.The college graduates don't wanna see us lads making more coin for minimum skills than they get for going to school all them years.

In their minds 35 euro to get to the airport from Lucan is too much money.The efficiencies of the robo taxi will get them there for a tenner.Few years away but the yanks will allow them in some states. Remember Tesla is a US company and their traditional cars manufacturers are dying off.Anyway I don't wanna see it but cost will cut the human meatbags out of the equation.

john m

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2019, 12:36:06 pm »
Merc the fares will still be the same with the Car owners pocketing the profit .Why would they charge less .Sure 4 people on a bus from town to ballyer costs the same as 4 in a taxi .My personal view is Driverless ,UBER ,LIFT and many more IDEAS are just creating shares to be sold to the vunerable yank for his retirement portfolio .Tech bubble will go like the Dot.Com bubble .I read a report Lyft are being sued by investors for over estimating the amount of drivers and customers .Ponzi schemes most of them.

Online taxi1990

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 01:00:19 pm »
I agree with john, driverless cars might be introduced at some point but it will ultimately be a failure and something that will be looked back on as "why did we ever try to introduce it?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2019, 01:24:03 pm »
Glass not half empty

Glass not bleedin half full either...ye bleedin dipso!!

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2019, 02:06:46 pm »
I agree with john, driverless cars might be introduced at some point but it will ultimately be a failure and something that will be looked back on as "why did we ever try to introduce it?"
Hopefully not after too many Coffin Jobs

Offline watty

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2019, 04:18:22 pm »
Elon Musk thinks we're living in a computer simulation - https://www.theverge.com/2016/6/2/11837874/elon-musk-says-odds-living-in-simulation

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2019, 05:55:51 pm »
Apparently the cnut smokes that cannabis shite that puts ya into an alternative reality( makes ya a fukin nut case) ....wonder wer he gets the motivation tho.... Anyone I know who smokes it are on the dole an sleep 18 hours a day...
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2019, 06:22:45 pm »
have ye ever watched any of David Icke's videos on youtube.
some of the stuff is so mad it's brilliant.

Offline watty

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2019, 06:52:23 pm »
Tesla joins Uber in losing $700 million in 3 months... 

Tesla lost $702 million last quarter after drop in Model 3 deliveries

Tesla lost $702 million in the first quarter of 2019, after posting back-to-back profits for the first time ever to finish out 2018, the company announced in an official filing Wednesday. CEO Elon Musk had predicted Tesla would slide back into the red on a February 28th call with the media. Telsa generated $4.5 billion in revenue for the quarter, which is down from $7.2 billion in the previous quarter, but up from $2.6 billion in the first quarter of 2018.

The company also announced it doesn’t expect to turn a profit in the second quarter, either. Musk had previously guessed that Tesla would return to profitability for good starting this quarter. The $702 million loss was the company’s fourth-worst quarterly loss since it became publicly traded in 2010.

“Everyone expected a Q1 loss for Tesla, but nobody expected it to be this big,” Karl Brauer, the executive publisher at Kelley Blue Book and Autotrader, said in a statement.

Show Unread Posts