Author Topic: Taxi road tax  (Read 3484 times)

Offline silverbullet

Re: Taxi road tax
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 09:40:05 pm »
Oddly, most of those lodging claims against Insurance companies have never owned or paid for a policy themselves.

Their Insurance is MINI, which others pay for via their premia.

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 06:14:07 am »
There are 2 states in America which offer the type of system im talking about .new hampshire,and virginia.motor insurance is not compulsory,but you are libel for damages up, to 50 k in the event of an accident  for which you are responsible

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 09:47:14 am »
It's probably too risky.As far as I remember your taxi insurance covers you up to 10 million.All it takes is some dummy to fall getting out of your taxi and they could claim off you for a brain damage then your gaff is their gaff.

Offline Tony

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 09:55:04 am »
It's probably too risky.As far as I remember your taxi insurance covers you up to 10 million.All it takes is some dummy to fall getting out of your taxi and they could claim off you for a brain damage then your gaff is their gaff.

If you havnt got it they cant take it, put everything in your wifes name.

To some that could be a riskier option.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 10:03:54 am »

If you havnt got it they cant take it, put everything in your wifes name.

To some that could be a riskier option.
Yeah Tony , whether its in her name or not, "It's in her Name"
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 10:12:31 am »
To have your own insurance you'd need possibly a few million in an account boxed off to cover some hypothetical fatal crash with 4 passengers.If I had a few million I deffo wouldn't spend me spare time driving drunks around for fun.I'd be at home in me jocks watching judge judy with me pet tiger.

Back to reality though the reason were paying more is because there are less of us.When there were loads of us everyone had less customers so the risk was divided up amongst more lads.

The stuff DMG was talking about is also true but I think they've since built up their war chests sufficiently in the insurance companies.Now they're trying it on a bit because they hear taxi drivers are loaded making loads a money.Newer motors are probably pushing up repair costs too.

dalymount

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 10:35:23 am »
Another factor is double jobbers suffering from farigue.if your tired having worked 40 hours in your nine to five,and them your out milking it at the weekend,your bound to be suffering from fatigue

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 10:43:12 am »
Sure there are drivers on here mocking lads for only wanting to work 40hours a week.If you're not getting tired after 5/6 busy hours behind the wheel then you're probably not watching the road.Or else you really are tired and you don't realise it.

Separately I've picked up the representatives from Liberty insurance on a number of occasions coming out of the four courts.You'd wanna be careful what yer saying in the car.If every second driver they meet is talks about doing 60 plus hours a week they'll think we're all at it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:52:52 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2019, 01:25:36 pm »
Sure there are drivers on here mocking lads for only wanting to work 40hours a week.If you're not getting tired after 5/6 busy hours behind the wheel then you're probably not watching the road.Or else you really are tired and you don't realise it.

Separately I've picked up the representatives from Liberty insurance on a number of occasions coming out of the four courts.You'd wanna be careful what yer saying in the car.If every second driver they meet is talks about doing 60 plus hours a week they'll think we're all at it.

I think it’s the lads that work 10 hours a week.

Show Unread Posts