Author Topic: Walkies  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Walkies
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 11:19:47 am »
Was up at 7.30 this morning and walked around Westport House demesne.....i was one with nature....and no i don't mean i took a dump or a piss in the woods!!

walked the dog this morning Corkagh Park  done about a mile and a half need to do more .Might start doing the bookie loop .Boylesports beside Finches then a bit further Corals at the Waterfront then Powers at the Penny hill .
That could actually work very well  ;D
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2019, 11:22:38 am »
Get yurself a fold up bike john.... And do an hour in the phoenix Park every day......
If yur out in West Dublin in urban cement land it's probably not a very nice experience walking around estates.... But I f you walk around the park it does great tings for the mind aswell....
I did me mornin walk yesterday morning and I did a rare day shift.... I even did rush hour which terrifies me.......i can see how
Day work is booming.... 3 airport runs I got from town off the street not with mytaxi and bout 5 other tenner jobs......
I'm going out now to try it again.... The evenings there's too many taxis ambassadors robbin everything and too many taxis out...... Anyway I was home for 7 an went out did bout 10 k on the roller blades.......
Problem with day work is I cud see blokes finnished day work an off to the pub out of boredom every night.... And no exercise....
.....it's a killer.... Yur going die yung
Brought a nice lady home last week and she said her taxi driver neighbour had died in his sleep Cople weeks ago..... Early 50s.... Apparently tho she said he was into fitness...... Also a local guard died here 57
Found at side of the road out jogging didn't smoke or drink...... So i don't know sometimes who's right but....

.I do know this......
The exercise has to be enjoyable to be sustainable for me anyway....

Good luck gettin out

Thats why I might walk to the bookies just walking around a park to walk around a park wouldnt appeal to me .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2019, 11:25:49 am »
Was up at 7.30 this morning and walked around Westport House demesne.....i was one with nature....and no i don't mean i took a dump or a piss in the woods!!

walked the dog this morning Corkagh Park  done about a mile and a half need to do more .Might start doing the bookie loop .Boylesports beside Finches then a bit further Corals at the Waterfront then Powers at the Penny hill .

Yeah...it's good to have goals John!! lol
Do they let dogs into the bookies ?

When we were kids Big Dommo asks the girl in Cecil Fines bookies at the Black Horse "Can you back a horse in here "she says yes so he backed Dinny Ryans Piedball carthorse into the shop  dont know what happened but they couldnt get the horse out  Dinny had to be sent for and the shop door had to be removed to give the horse an inch or two more roomto get out .
Ah Black Horse , remember it from the Bosco days , Tommy used to give us Crackers and cheese so as we would drink more, always worked.
Is Tommy still alive ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2019, 11:34:47 am »
Get yurself a fold up bike john.... And do an hour in the phoenix Park every day......
If yur out in West Dublin in urban cement land it's probably not a very nice experience walking around estates.... But I f you walk around the park it does great tings for the mind aswell....
I did me mornin walk yesterday morning and I did a rare day shift.... I even did rush hour which terrifies me.......i can see how
Day work is booming.... 3 airport runs I got from town off the street not with mytaxi and bout 5 other tenner jobs......
I'm going out now to try it again.... The evenings there's too many taxis ambassadors robbin everything and too many taxis out...... Anyway I was home for 7 an went out did bout 10 k on the roller blades.......
Problem with day work is I cud see blokes finnished day work an off to the pub out of boredom every night.... And no exercise....
Brought a nice lady home last week and she said her taxi driver neighbour had died in his sleep Cople weeks ago..... Early 50s.... Apparently tho she said he was into fitness...... Also a local guard died here 57
Found at side of the road out jogging didn't smoke or drink...... So i don't know sometimes who's right but....

.I do know this......

Good luck gettin out

Thats why I might walk to the bookies just walking around a park to walk around a park wouldnt appeal to me .
Yea
 incentive......

You could say to yurself ok johnny...
Ok I will allow meself 2 euro to back on the gg,s.   For every 1 km I walk?  ???
You can get an app that tells yu how much km ya walked or yu can buy one them watches that counts yur steps.....
.....I better stop now I'm startin to sound like a sensible cnut....

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 11:38:25 am »

.I do know this......

Good luck gettin out

Yea
 incentive......

You could say to yurself ok johnny...
Ok I will allow meself 2 euro to back on the gg,s.   For every 1 km I walk?  ???
You can get an app that tells yu how much km ya walked or yu can buy one them watches that counts yur steps.....
.....I better stop now I'm startin to sound like a sensible cnut....
Better idea , sit out in your garden, stick the watch on the dog and let him run around generating €2's for you to gamble
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 12:22:32 pm »
I walk my dog an hour a day.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 03:15:09 pm »
Pedometer.
Free download.
I use one since the surgery.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 08:47:04 pm »
Tried one for a while... clocked up thousands of steps while I was driving.

Show Unread Posts