Author Topic: NTA's 2018 report is out  (Read 1627 times)

Offline watty

NTA's 2018 report is out
« on: August 14, 2019, 07:09:10 pm »
The NTA's 2018 annual report (PDF) is out.  'Tis all good, if they do say so themselves...

from CEO Overview:
The transition to a wheelchair accessible taxi fleet continued. This was again assisted by the provision of grant funding to assist operators to purchase suitable vehicles. During the year 679 wheelchair accessible licences were added to the fleet bringing the overall number to 2,220. We also launched a major publicity programme to encourage more people to join the taxi sector.
Wheelchair taxis are upto 10%, a year ahead of schedule.

from Apps:
Approx 27k downloads of the Driver Check app.

from Small Public Service Vehicles:
In February, the Authority launched a taxi driver recruitment campaign in response to the decline in numbers of drivers in the SPSV sector in recent years.
By the end of the year:
» 1,205 new drivers had been recruited, a 47% increase on the previous year;
» 26,405 drivers were licensed, an overall increase of 2% on the previous year.
1,205 'new' drivers but the fleet only increased by 528 (2%).  Did 677 drivers leave the biz in 2018?

In all, 44 grant payments were made during 2018 comprising 41 grants in respect of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and three grants in respect of battery electric vehicles.
Fuk me, that suggests a lot of taxi drivers are buying Priusssss without a grant!

From the info below, keep their database up-to-date, never give receipts and act like a threatening criminal and you've a good chance of never getting caught/fined by the NTA inspectors  oops

Almost 200,000 vehicle and driver licencing checks were undertaken during the year in respect of 19,624 individual vehicles, which represents over 93% of licensed vehicles.  Based on these checks compliance officers elected to undertake 17,610 roadside audits.  As a result, 1,878 Fixed Payment Notices were issued for a variety of offences. More than one-third of all Fixed Payment Notices issued were result of the failure by a driver to notify details of the vehicle being operated.
200,000 checks --> 19,624 individual vehicles --> 93% of licenced vehicles.  They must have sore fingers from pressing buttons on their phones! 
How do you do 200k checks on 20k vehicles?  Does counting 4 wheels count as 4 checks?
Over 30% of fines are for not updating the database...

The number of customer complaints was up by 14%.
Of the 1,312 complaints received, approximately 50% could not be progressed for various reasons, including the failure of complainants to provide information or their unwillingness to act as a witness for the purposes of a prosecution, as well as the absence of sufficient evidence to support a prosecution.
Complaints which do not fall within the ambit of the Authority, are referred to other agencies including An Garda Síochána and the Office of Tobacco Control.
50/50 chance of a complaint against you going to an 'official' level.

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: NTA's 2018 report is out
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 07:36:05 pm »
The plug in Priuses are a very rare model and some only have two seats in the back.Bit of a gimmick.The standard version doesn't qualify for a grant.

I've noticed a few plug in Mitsubishi outlanders lately plated up.Must be going cheap secondhand.

Offline watty

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 08:09:43 pm »
The plug in Priuses are a very rare model and some only have two seats in the back.Bit of a gimmick.The standard version doesn't qualify for a grant.
Thanks.  Didn't know that.  They all look horrible to me  :P

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 08:32:52 pm »
Yes they're fairly ugly.I'm only getting used to the look of mine after 6 years.

Offline watty

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 08:47:14 pm »
 lol

Sad thing is I'm probably gonna (have to) get one next year  oops

dalymount

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 10:20:39 pm »
They are absolutely unbelievable looking for another 1600 taxi drivers  THERE IS STILL FAR TO MANY  FUKKIB TAXIS I DUBLIN ARE THESE PEOPLE BLIND OR WHAT IN THE NTA ?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 11:44:57 pm »
"Drivers". Are they in SPSVs, or preparing plan B "just in case of a bad brexit/recession"?

1,205 'new' drivers but the fleet only increased by 528 (2%).  Did 677 drivers leave the biz in 2018?
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 01:42:10 am »
There has been a steady number of drivers leaving the business every year for the last ten years.Probably 300/400 per year..Older guys not wanting to reinvest and cheapskates like me disgusted that I need to replace my lovely vehicle with another one on a younger reg plate just to take home 300/400/500 a week.The numbers no longer add up.It's not a part-time gig anymore or even suitable for many pensioners as the costs to stay in the game have doubled thanks to there ten-year rule.

Loadsa lads like myself who have been motoring very cheaply thanks to the 15 year rule.When the deadline comes to upgrade we may decide to just feck off and lapse our plates rather than blow 15k on another car only to repeat again in 5 years.Sounds like shit treadmill to be on..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:45:24 am by mercenary for hire »

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 07:51:25 am »
We should oppose this recruitment drive by the NTA with e ery bone in our bodies. Then you also have the dispatchers recruiting as well. Those bastards have their ginps standing outside the tests centeres handing out leaflets telling new drivers how they can earn a million euros a week

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2019, 09:32:22 am »
Most drivers probably start with a rental firm, many of those through "under the counter" arrangements.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 09:35:12 am »
We should oppose this recruitment drive by the NTA with e ery bone in our bodies. Then you also have the dispatchers recruiting as well. Those bastards have their ginps standing outside the tests centeres handing out leaflets telling new drivers how they can earn a million euros a week

No chance. The biggest recruiter of (immigrant) drivers is Free Now. A significant proportion of the current fleet advertise the firm FOC. I'm sure I told you this before but I'll tell you again. Back when Free Now was known as mytaxi I actually came across a driver who had earned bonuses for referring Hackneys and clapped out shiteboxes masquerading as limousines to cover taxi fares for the firm.

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 09:59:29 am »
Rat when I said dispatchers, I'm including F/N in that. Not least because of the letter you recently received

Online silverbullet

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 03:18:39 pm »
A report, by a Quango, in the press  silly season?
Well, did you ever hear the likes? 8)

Show Unread Posts