Author Topic: electric cars  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Smccartn

• Valued Contributor
Re: electric cars
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 12:30:23 pm »
It’s fairly straight forward, the unit I have Zappi gives you a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly usage rate so easy to calculate for tax returns.

Does the home charging point tell you how much electricity it has used so you can calculate an appropriate allocation to motor expenses or do you just allocate your entire household electricity bill to motor expenses based on the fact that you need the electricity for the car and hence to work and any other (domestic) usage is merely incidental... obviously as an environmentalist you'd live off grid if you didn't have to charge the car!
[/quote]

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 12:32:46 pm »
That's what I wanted to know, thanks.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 12:44:19 pm »
Hey Smcartan have you noticed any battery degradation yet, and what's your mileage so far?It's supposed to happen but some cars lose more range than others.

Offline Smccartn

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 02:04:19 pm »
no degradation as of yet,  still have the full ten bars. I have 34500KL on the clock have it since January, one service so far and a set price of €129.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2019, 02:06:44 pm »
Ok nice one hope it serves you for a long time Smc. I'd say it's nice and quiet inside.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 03:18:53 pm »
Yeah,nice one SMcC...thanks for the info!!

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 08:28:35 pm »
What do you mean RC?

Does the home charging point tell you how much electricity it has used so you can calculate an appropriate allocation to motor expenses or do you just allocate your entire household electricity bill to motor expenses based on the fact that you need the electricity for the car and hence to work and any other (domestic) usage is merely incidental... obviously as an environmentalist you'd live off grid if you didn't have to charge the car!
If you have a website and use it for potential customers to contact you and you use your laptop at home you can put some of your electricity bills and your broadband bills off your taxes, so I was told

Show Unread Posts