Author Topic: C'mon The Irish  (Read 18638 times)

john m

Re: C'mon The Irish
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2020, 04:20:57 pm »
Champions know when to go AP Mc Coy knew he was losing his edge so went out on top same with Ruby .but Richard Johnston who has a reputation for being the meanest man in the weighing room never bought a drink in his life is Champion National hunt Jockey and a fucking joke of a jockey .Four Grade one meetings on Stephens Day between the UK  and Ireland and he was at a by meeting and didnt ride a winner .If the Champion jockey cant get some youngfella fucked off a good horse in a grade one race you know he is washed up .Lester Piggott would of shot another Jockey if he wanted to ride the horse .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2020, 04:38:13 pm »
Barney has a reputation for meanness on the darts circuit. In fact, he said himself what a lovely fella MvG is, noting that anytime they go for a bite to eat vG always pays the bill... He done an exhibition in these parts a few years back and at the end wanted to charge the man that chalked the whole night for a photo... true story.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2020, 08:21:46 pm »
Wright is doing fairly good so far.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2020, 09:18:55 pm »
WELL DONE WRIGHT. Played fantastic and held his nerve.

Did you put that bet on Ermy?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2020, 01:28:05 pm »
Good game, good result! Wish I'd back him now!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2020, 01:31:00 pm »
I heard (down the bar last night) that the BDO have halved the prize money for it's World Championship which starts on Saturday and, consequently, Fallon Sherrock has withdrawn from the women's event. Dunno if any of the men have withdrawn? She got a "contender" spot in the upcoming Premier League anyway.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:33:53 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2020, 01:40:11 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/dec/31/fallon-sherrock-withdraws-bdo-world-darts-prize-money

Fallon Sherrock pulls out of women’s BDO world darts after prize money is cut

• ‘Unexpected changes to event’ behind Sherrock’s withdrawal
• Men’s and women’s events in London hit by poor ticket sales

Guardian sport and PA Media
Tue 31 Dec 2019 15.04 GMT Last modified on Tue 31 Dec 2019 19.15 GMT

Fallon Sherrock will not take part in the upcoming BDO women’s world darts championship after “unexpected changes to the event”, her management company has announced.

Sherrock made history at this year’s PDC world championship, becoming the first woman to beat a man in the tournament and going on to reach the third round.

The 25-year-old’s decision to withdraw comes after the BDO (British Darts Organisation) confirmed that prize money for the event would be reduced after poor ticket sales for the men’s and women’s competitions. The tournament is set to be held at Indigo at the O2 Arena for the first time after more than 30 years at the Lakeside country club in Surrey.

“This decision [not to play] took many factors into consideration, including unexpected changes to the event made yesterday,” a statement from Modus Sports Management read. “Fallon offers best wishes to the BDO, and best of luck to those taking part. In the meantime, Fallon is looking forward to doing her best in the other tournaments in 2020.”

Sherrock also referred to the statement in her own Twitter post, adding: “I hope [it] answers the questions people have asked me over the past 24 hours.”

In a letter sent to qualified players the BDO said it would “reduce somewhat” the prize money available for the tournaments, which begin on 4 January, “whilst still retaining a very lucrative incentive”.

The statement added that ticket sales for the event were “currently only at a total of 15% of ticket availability, and therefore the income is 85% down on [our] budget predictions”. The BDO also listed TV production costs and “previous debts incurred” – and, in addition, claimed that its brand was too “toxic” to attract new sponsorship.

“Our commercial advisers [Sportotal] have informed [us] that title or other sponsorship has been impossible to secure for the [tournaments], due mainly to the adverse publicity that the BDO has received on various aspects of social media, and that in their opinion the BDO is currently ‘toxic’,” the statement added.

It has been reported that the prize money pot has been cut from £329,000 to £150,000, with the women’s champion receiving £8,000, compared to £12,000 this year. The BDO chairman, Des Jacklin, had previously claimed that the prize fund for women would be “almost doubled” for 2020.

Sherrock earned £25,000 for reaching the last 32 at Alexandra Palace, beating Ted Evetts and No 11 seed Mensur Suljovic to make global headlines, before losing to Chris Dobey.

The former mobile hairdresser from Milton Keynes, is set to make a string of lucrative appearances in the PDC’s World Series of Darts, playing at events in New York, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark and Germany.

“I have helped darts in general,” Sherrock said after her fairytale run. “I think there’s people now who didn’t watch darts but want to watch it. Especially with the ladies’ game, I have proved we can compete with all these men. We need more opportunities.”

john m

« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2020, 01:54:51 pm »
Whats the world comming to when oulfellas use to losing are winning and Birds like Big Dommos sister who use to do their mates hair down the flats are beating blokes at blokes games .Add in Global warming and Brexit were all fukked .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2020, 02:01:52 pm »
Have you got a gun and, if so, is it licensed?

john m

« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2020, 02:11:30 pm »
Have you got a gun and, if so, is it licensed?

The answer to that question is Yes and No or No and Yes I cant remember in which order .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2020, 05:59:06 pm »
The questions are structured in such a way as only one order may apply.

john m

« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2020, 07:02:39 pm »
Ok the full answer to your question is one part is No .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2020, 07:15:16 pm »
The questions are structured in such a way as only one order may apply.

But he's dyslexic and non binary.

Offline Belker

« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2020, 08:54:56 am »
Van Gerwin cost me a nice few quid, I was playing a birra 'Let it Ryde' on the live tennis the other morning and won a handy few quid, then before I went to bed I let the whole lot Ryde on Man city (won), Liverpool (won) and Van Gerwin. It only cost me about 55 notes in the end as I took some of my stake money back, but I had a 5-fold, a 7-fold and an 8-fold all running on to the last 3 selections.

Offline Belker

« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2020, 08:55:46 am »
Dutchman is a winner Wright is the Jimmy White of Darts .
THANKS JOHN M !

Show Unread Posts