Author Topic: I predict a quiet weekend.  (Read 3371 times)

Offline John m

Re: I predict a quiet weekend.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 07:10:32 am »
Anybody thick enough to work after 10Pm tonight ?Going to be something like St Patricks Night meets Leaving Cert Night on Speed
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 11:48:44 am »
With the new fantastic news I reckon tonight (Fri) will be dead as a doornail and it will be like NYE tomorrow night !

I took c.€160 over 4.5 hours working for Free Now. There was more there for men who take pub jobs, in fact offers still coming from public houses as I drove home after 21:52. I was stopped at traffic lights with a pub to the left of me and a pub to the right of me at the time Mehaul made his announcement on the wireless... I thought Manchester or Liverpool must have scored a last minute goal as the cheers rang out!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 02:43:34 pm »
Anybody thick enough to work after 10Pm tonight ?Going to be something like St Patricks Night meets Leaving Cert Night on Speed
Fish in barrels John, fish in barrels. 8)

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 06:27:25 pm »
Thats not nice….calling Taximen  Fish in Barrels
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 01:33:49 pm »
Last night (Sat) was similar to Fri (takings wise) for me. Not exceptional by any means but the city was very full when I went home. I'd say there was an easy trummer after midnight for drivers who serve the city centre during such ungodly hours.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 11:15:11 pm »
Last night (Sat) was similar to Fri (takings wise) for me. Not exceptional by any means but the city was very full when I went home. I'd say there was an easy trummer after midnight for drivers who serve the city centre during such ungodly hours.
I never managed to get into the town. Enough arseholes going local having drunk until the coke wore off.

Offline Belker

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2022, 04:10:50 am »
That was some Blast of a Weekend !
Hopefully it will be the new normal !!

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2022, 11:58:32 am »
Its all lookingood so?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2022, 03:33:26 pm »

I hope not.

I had similar takings on Sun as Sat but I don't participate in the post midnight stuff. I heard some horrendous stories from clients who were in the city Sat night. One was set upon by a gang of youths for no apparent reason and several had to take the number 15 bus out of the city to find a taxi. A colleague/competitor/customer told me his lady friend was asked for €40 CASH to Clare Hall. Another lad told me hiimself and 2 acquaintances were charged €60 - demanded as "a score a skull" from D1 to West Kilmore. Both entrepreneurs were white and Irish by accident of birth.... reminiscent of the good old days of a properly regulated trade.

They shoulda taken the opportunity to redress attitudes to alchol consumption and promote a better quality of life with a permanent 22:00 closing time and street lights switched of at midnight.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2022, 02:45:30 pm »

I hope not.

I had similar takings on Sun as Sat but I don't participate in the post midnight stuff. I heard some horrendous stories from clients who were in the city Sat night. One was set upon by a gang of youths for no apparent reason and several had to take the number 15 bus out of the city to find a taxi. A colleague/competitor/customer told me his lady friend was asked for €40 CASH to Clare Hall. Another lad told me hiimself and 2 acquaintances were charged €60 - demanded as "a score a skull" from D1 to West Kilmore. Both entrepreneurs were white and Irish by accident of birth.... reminiscent of the good old days of a properly regulated trade.

They shoulda taken the opportunity to redress attitudes to alchol consumption and promote a better quality of life with a permanent 22:00 closing time and street lights switched of at midnight.
Fish in barrels.

Show Unread Posts