Author Topic: 10 o’clock Thursday harcourt street for the protest to nta gardai notified  (Read 14892 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Is this being organised by any of the unions that were protesting against our last increase because they thought it was a decrease?I think it was OXO...dunno if he's still around.

Offline watty

Good point being made in the Members section... http://intaxi.org/forum/index.php?topic=11355.135
In the future, what if a 'street hail' pays us by CC (not FreeNow) and then does a chargeback (i.e., customer says taxi journey never happened)? 
We've no comeback because we can't really prove 'Joe Bloggs' took our taxi from A to B?

Offline stonethecrows

I went to Sweden to look for some Oxo Cubes.

I hear they have a really good shop there called "Stockhome"
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Vikkiz

Good point being made in the Members section... http://intaxi.org/forum/index.php?topic=11355.135
In the future, what if a 'street hail' pays us by CC (not FreeNow) and then does a chargeback (i.e., customer says taxi journey never happened)? 
We've no comeback because we can't really prove 'Joe Bloggs' took our taxi from A to B?

That’s why John M has said it will be compulsory for us to provide credit card facilities but will be on us whether we actually accept them or now

john m

As you said Vicci you must have CC facilities just like you must have a First Aid Kit and an Extinguisher but you are not obliged to use them .So I wont be supporting that If they put chargers on Ranks it will only encourage drivers to block up ranks as they recharge so I wont be supporting that .We have enough taxies so stop ALL grants .A taxi licence has no value so how much will you pay to buyback .There is no other precident where the Government have bought back any licence The value of your licence for buyback purpose would only be the unused part of the annual renewal not used at the time you sold it back .GOBSHITES once again scoring own goals .

Offline Tony

Am or Pm john?
Mr. T-bag to you

john m

Am or Pm john?

AM Anto I just posted what I was sent .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
The biggest issue for drivers at the moment (or at least as of last week) is the 25% Free Now freight increase. Hence they should be demanding that NTA do one of two things:

i) increase PUC to €5.00 with immediate effect; or
ii) provide eHail infrastructure funded through licence fees and incorporate the desired card payment system in that with payments guaranteed to drivers save agreed refunds/corrections.

Offline Belker

As fer toilets on ranks, on probably the Second busiest 'Chicken run' rank in Cork there is a public toilet right beside it, I used to use it before then One night I saw the foil/plastic wrapping of a syringe on the sink counter and have never used it since.

How could you charge an electric taxi on a rank, are all other drivers supposed to wait behind you ?

And I would Love to know their proposals fer more Garda back-up fer night time security issues !

dalymount

For me its the amount of taxis out there,far to many I would support any campaign that seeks to get rid of, or at least stop the numbers entering.I suppose when your an independent thats the FIRST thing you want to do.no doubt they try and make ALL drivers align tp dispatchers in the fiture.I honestly believethat any group of drivers who feel as strongly opposed to this as I do,should start organising now

Offline Belker

For me its the amount of taxis out there,far to many I would support any campaign that seeks to get rid of, or at least stop the numbers entering.I suppose when your an independent thats the FIRST thing you want to do.no doubt they try and make ALL drivers align tp dispatchers in the fiture.I honestly believethat any group of drivers who feel as strongly opposed to this as I do,should start organising now
Organize what ?
Taxi drivers can't even organize a Rank without Snatchers trying to scoop from the top.
There is No unity amongst Taxi drivers and most likely there never will be.
Ya need to get used to this Fact DM.

dalymount

If people continue to repeat things like oh there is nothing you can do about this,or theres nothing you can do about that,or there are snachers,here or there,or there is an illegal rank robbing our work,orTHERE IS NO UNITY,etc etc it will ALWAYS be the case that there will be nothing we can do about it.I think that is what the roll of our reps should be .to organise drivers ,and to unite them in a common goal for the good of the membership.their job becomes increasingly harder when you have people continuously saying things like THERE IS NO UNITY.

Offline Horse

Like rats, I think the puc should be raised, not to €5 but to €4. That would compensate us nicely for app jobs.

Offline stonethecrows

I've never been in a union, but maybe the time is coming that is what is needed for all Taxi Drivers.

NTA to make it compulsory for drivers to join a union (it's a start anyway).

When we are all shooting from the same side then maybe (just maybe) we might start addressing all this sh1t, otherwise we are peeing against the wind
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

john m

.EVERY TAXI DRIVER IS EVERY OTHER TAXI DRIVERS COMPETITION GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK SKULLS .I wonder if this has more to do with certain drivers not wanting Credit Card facilities that would record the fares they charge .Drivers who got a grant for an EV got a grant to have a quick charger at home so why would they need an on rank booster did they not do due dilligance before they bought their battery operated cars .Should we demand puncture repair facilities and car washes on ranks as well .I suppose if drivers are concerned about security the NTA can go back to the taxi act 2012 and introduce in car screens and on board cameras as provided for in law and tech in the roofsigns as allowed for in the act that should make drivers feel safer and will only cost THEM a few thousand euro .

Show Unread Posts