Author Topic: So you think driving a taxi now is a good idea .  (Read 10871 times)

dalymount

Re: So you think driving a taxi now is a good idea .
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 11:18:05 am »
How in the name of Christ do you propose to stop this pandemic when you have greedy,stupid taxi drivers out there ferrying people back,and forth in spite of the guidelines laid down by the HSE to self distance.they are working in a confined area,spreading the disease,in complete opposition to what they were told to do,and while everyone else is making a concerted effort to comply,these gobshites are out there prolonging it for to satisfy their greed

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 11:24:48 am »
I'll bet my gaff and every euro in my account that none of the taxi ranks around the city hospitals have queues of taxis on standby ready to bring essential medical workers home after a 36-hour shift.

Lads who wanna work will be using this as an excuse to bank some money before we're all allowed back on the road.I understand why they're doing it but hope they don't have an underlying condition that they never knew about.

Don't forget there's probably a few spoofers on here who haven't left their gaff in weeks but wanna wind everyone up.Taxi drivers are funny like that.

dalymount

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 11:27:11 am »
As far as I remember a few weeks a couple of weeks ago ,one poster on here remarked that he hopes this goes on for a few months,that he is making a packet out there because of the lack of taxis.also in an earlier post you were going on about fuel costs and dispatcher costs.since when did it become mandatory to have dispatcher costs ?

Offline Tony

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 11:31:21 am »
As said many moons ago by a wise old crankie fuck in the game

"Taxi drivers narsholes mostly"
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Tony

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 11:36:46 am »
I reckon you should heed your own advice
"sometimes your thoughts are best left kept to oneself."

"I reckon anyone out working at the moment believes they are providing an essential service and I take my hat off to them.
And anyone calling them greedy or stupid is indeed a low life. "

I totally disagree, to work during a pandemic is both irresponsible and down right stupid and just greedy. We are not an emergency service or an essential service we are taxis, if the proper front line workers have to get to work then use the army god knows they do fuckall eles. Its simply stay at home or die looking for a fiver its up to you.

So you know better than the people advising the government as to what is an essential service?
You really have a big opinion of yourself don't you?

What the fuck are you on about?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you cant self isolate or stay 3 meters apart in a saloon car, second thoughts why dont you go to work and catch the pox, its a good way to reduce the fleet of deadwood and fools
Mr. T-bag to you

john m

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 11:41:51 am »
FOR SALE A FEW BIG SHOVELS .Would you all stop digging fucking holes they are a cunt to get out of .

Offline Tony

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 11:42:30 am »
FOR SALE A FEW BIG SHOVELS .Would you all stop digging fucking holes they are a cunt to get out of .

rofl
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 11:45:45 am »
RIP to Mick, condolences to ya family.

Unfortunately he contracted the virus whilst in hospital recovering from some procedure.

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 11:46:54 am »
Thank fukk it wasn't on his own forum,or id have been banned.he used to ban me regularly.at least the rat man is a bit better

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 11:47:10 am »
As far as I remember a few weeks a couple of weeks ago ,one poster on here remarked that he hopes this goes on for a few months,that he is making a packet out there because of the lack of taxis.also in an earlier post you were going on about fuel costs and dispatcher costs.since when did it become mandatory to have dispatcher costs ?

I wouldn't say there's too many hailing taxis or walking to the ranks, I worked last week and it was all shopworkers, bringing people back and forth to post office for payments, people with their shopping, and very very little of it barely made more than the €203 on offer, I'd be applying to Musgrages or Supervalue if I wanted a steady guaranteed income, if taxi drivers are making money they're probably scamming the €350 while working, i read some on here believe that's legal ... it isn't

Offline sore

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 11:48:29 am »
Calling Tony a lowlife is outrageous IMO theoneandonly.
However, what Tony posted is very insensitive, and that post should be removed before the children of the deceased read it.

Offline Tony

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 11:51:04 am »
RIP to Mick, condolences to ya family.

Unfortunately he contracted the virus whilst in hospital recovering from some procedure.

Rest in peace to the poor man, i didnt know him.

This puts a different light on my opening statement (First part) i stand by what i said said about the hungry fuckers in the second part
Mr. T-bag to you

john m

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2020, 11:53:47 am »
Thank fukk it wasn't on his own forum,or id have been banned.he used to ban me regularly.at least the rat man is a bit better

Do you think Theoneandonly use to have a site ?Do tell Dollymount .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2020, 11:54:43 am »
Calling Tony a lowlife is outrageous IMO theoneandonly.
However, what Tony posted is very insensitive, and that post should be removed before the children of the deceased read it.

He'll get over it, people need to be mindful of what they write on social media and the effect it might have on others, what he said was fairly low IMO

dalymount

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2020, 11:58:02 am »
Thought he was Roy,for some reason sorry John

Show Unread Posts