Author Topic: LTDA (UK) newspaper.  (Read 10585 times)

Online silverbullet

Re: LTDA (UK) newspaper.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2020, 04:29:20 pm »
MFH I rang my mate to confirm what I said about an hour ago.he comfirmed it without question,and would do so again if need be.infact he said ALL  the so called taxi unions blackmailed taxi drivers that if they didnt join and pay up ,they would not be getting insurance.I have no doubt there are old timers on  here who are well aware of it .I would be inclined to think THAT is more the reason your pal would. not go to court,then any of the ridiculous reasons you put forward.as far as our  friendship goes,if memory serves me right I think you took the hump with at. least 2 other posters for having a go at your mate as well .
You're bang on the money Dalymount. To avail of cheaper insurance via - Allianz / Terry Dunne (Stationed in the NTDU office in Islandbridge if memory serves me correctly), you had to pay €150 union membership to the NTDU.

It appeared to be a tied agent allegedly, as there was no choice given.

Liberty insurance wiped the floor with them, resulting in thousands of drivers moving their money. The NTDU didn't last much longer after that.
Having only been in existence for a  mere ten years.

Offline Punter

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2020, 04:33:46 pm »
It was Quinn--(Liberty predecessor)--made a grab for the taxi market but it was very much T and C apply !

dalymount

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2020, 05:04:18 pm »
And ken says I have no proof,no link,and nobody on here to back up the claim I made about this blackmail.how many drivers have now backed up what I said  ?  Im afraid  ive lost count.Ken would have you believe that his old pal is whiter then white

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2020, 05:49:54 pm »
I remember Madge behind the desk in PMPA saying to me if I couldn’t prove I was a member of some association my insurance would be an extra 2 or 3 grand

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2020, 06:14:40 pm »
if you want to insure a classic car you have to show the cunts you're "a genuine classic car enthusiast and that you're a member of a classic car enthusiast club."
y'know because the roads are fuckin plagued with boy racers spanking 30, 40, 50+ year old cars around the kip.
it's all a loada fuckin bollocks.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2020, 06:19:04 pm »
What is the Stars........
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2020, 06:20:27 pm »
AXA never asked me to prove i was a member of a classic car group...but i'm sure it happens when 20 or 30yr olds are looking to insure and tax them on the cheap.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2020, 08:53:21 pm »
Never tried to leave the CWU.they were a fantastic union then,and they are now also.they looked after the interest of the membership .the taxi unions (-if you can call them that ) were gangsters from my knowledge of them at that time.id say the money that was sunk into the dispatchers at that time was at least questionable where it came from,but I have always said if some day a good investigative journalist goes after them the truth will out

To be fair the taxi unions of old done a pretty good job in keeping the trade regulated for 22 years. I only refused to join because they represented plate owners' interests which didn't necessarily concur with cosies' interests. However, I did join NTDU when I needed a letter that said I earned as much as I wanted it to say I earned in support of a mortgage application. Back then banks didn't bother with tax returns because they assumed we all earned more than we declared. That all changed when TDFC went to Revenue and told them we're all robbing the State blind. I was also a member of IDTF for a few years when I worked for Blue Cabs as membership was included in freight back then.

dalymount

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2020, 09:01:48 pm »
But like Kens buddy coming on here a long time ago and declaring to all in sundry how much a taxi driver could earn

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2020, 09:06:08 pm »
You did the same yourself...

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2020, 09:48:22 pm »
Bags of sand all round....hip hip hooray!!

dalymount

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2020, 10:03:12 pm »
Did I,dont rwmember.but the difference was I was not touting for anyone to join my company

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2020, 09:12:28 am »
We called it the insurance chit . ITDF at one time had 95% of owners registered members. A commission was paid for each chit.

dalymount

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2020, 09:24:48 am »
In other words blackmail pay up ,or no insurance.these fukkers should have been behind bars for that

john m

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2020, 09:32:35 am »
Bit like Golf Clubs if your not a member you couldnt play .Remember meself and Big Dommos Brother trying to get a round in in Royal Dublin back in the day .

Show Unread Posts