Author Topic: Screen ology and Screenerism  (Read 20189 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Screen ology and Screenerism
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2020, 09:50:19 am »
.......Free Now DID NOT INSIST that anybody fit a screen they just made them available through their decal supplier if drivers WANTED one they kindly offered to subsidise them if you fit a Free Now sticker .If you got the offer you would also know it comes with a disclaimer and advice to contact your insurer .

It was a Magnanimous offer from the foreign owned booking app to help promote their service going forward .The Subsidies will be recovered by future deductions from fares .......
@ John M, At the moment it doesn't seem like a Big Ask to contact your insurance company to provide whatever letter of authentication or clearance to say the screen is safe or whatever.
Once myself and Stephen get fitted with a FN screen next Tuesday we will be able to update you further with actual facts.

dalymount

« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2020, 09:57:16 am »
F,N are trying to get as many drivers as possible to fit these screens,and when they do that,the rest will be forced to follow suit,or get no work.this will give them an advantage over other dispatchers,and YOUR picking up the tab for it.they are using the same tactics they used to gain control of our industry,and your all dancing to their tune including ratcatcher the man who constantly told us how much more commision they charge then other dispatchers

john m

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2020, 10:20:41 am »
.......Free Now DID NOT INSIST that anybody fit a screen they just made them available through their decal supplier if drivers WANTED one they kindly offered to subsidise them if you fit a Free Now sticker .If you got the offer you would also know it comes with a disclaimer and advice to contact your insurer .

It was a Magnanimous offer from the foreign owned booking app to help promote their service going forward .The Subsidies will be recovered by future deductions from fares .......
@ John M, At the moment it doesn't seem like a Big Ask to contact your insurance company to provide whatever letter of authentication or clearance to say the screen is safe or whatever.
Once myself and Stephen get fitted with a FN screen next Tuesday we will be able to update you further with actual facts.

Kenneth I already Contacted the Insurance weeks ago and got an E mail .They dont have a problem with drivers fitting screens but what are the insurance liabilities .I advised You and others DO NOT DO THE SUITABILITY WITH THE SCREEN FITTED .If you do and they fail you dont come back on here screaming like a deflowered teenager about how they fucked you .

dalymount

« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2020, 10:32:04 am »
I still cannot understand why anyone would want to fit another obstacle to passing the test.its like a show jumper after completing a clear round and wanting to put up anither fence to be jumped even though the course authority didnt ask for it

john m

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2020, 10:34:29 am »
I still cannot understand why anyone would want to fit another obstacle to passing the test.its like a show jumper after completing a clear round and wanting to put up anither fence to be jumped even though the course authority didnt ask for it

Thats not bad Dalymount .

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2020, 10:35:22 am »

They will become the norm and people won't get in unless you have one.

john m

« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2020, 10:37:55 am »

In 4 weeks time this thing will be over or we will be running to hide again .Screens wont matter .Did you see the crowds outside Pennys and not a screen in sight .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2020, 10:41:04 am »

Free Now get you to sign a waiver absolving them from any liability regarding NTA compliance/insurance issues and anything else that might arrise

dalymount

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2020, 10:43:27 am »
I completely disagree lizzy.I do not believe they will become the norm,I think at the moment there is no huge demand for them either by drivers,or customers.although I am not out there working,I know a lot of taxi drivers all of whom are completely indifferent to them.its only F,N gobshites,and Ebbs plebs who are afraid to say no to their bosses who have them.people ,in the event of time will not appreciate the loss od conversation, and banter that these things will invariably will result in

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2020, 10:47:22 am »

In 4 weeks time this thing will be over or we will be running to hide again .Screens wont matter .Did you see the crowds outside Pennys and not a screen in sight .

Yeah, but I thought you lads used to get mugged a lot, would they not deter crime or sexual advances?

john m

« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2020, 10:47:43 am »
My friend that employs casual labour says the Government were advised AGAINST speeding up the lockdown .Three weeks until we see who was right .Still think Leo is looking at running for another election .If we get the all clear then screens will come down everywhere .Rat might build a Conservatory out of disgarded Perspects instead of his shed .

dalymount

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2020, 10:51:23 am »
When I was in eircom people used to be always asking me could I get telephone kiosks perspex for them for exactly that reason to build green houses

john m

« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2020, 10:54:00 am »
Here is Axa Reply

websiteinboxroi@axa.ie <websiteinboxroi@axa.ie>
Fri, May 1, 10:44 AM
to ***************@iol.ie

Hello,

I can confirm it is fine to fit a safety screen.

We would not penalise you for protecting yourself.

Kind regards

Not Penalise is vague .It dosent say what type of screen or how it is to be fitted .

dalymount

« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2020, 10:58:09 am »
If drivers keep fitting these fukkin things,they may become mandatory,presenting us with yet ANOTHER hurdle to be crossed at NCT,and suitability ,brought about by our own stupidity

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2020, 11:00:14 am »
I completely disagree lizzy.I do not believe they will become the norm,I think at the moment there is no huge demand for them either by drivers,or customers.although I am not out there working,I know a lot of taxi drivers all of whom are completely indifferent to them.its only F,N gobshites,and Ebbs plebs who are afraid to say no to their bosses who have them.people ,in the event of time will not appreciate the loss od conversation, and banter that these things will invariably will result in

Fn and Ebbs are telling Joe Public what he needs and Joe is listening, as for conversation a lot of the foreign lads have earpods.

Show Unread Posts