When the Pubs Open
6 (21.4%)
When the Covid Coin Stops
11 (39.3%)
Looking at a different career
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 17, 2020, 10:10:36 am

Author Topic: Return to Work  (Read 19677 times)

Offline watty

Re: Return to Work
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2020, 07:33:15 pm »
It'll be tough for the keshies.  The longer a passenger is in your taxi, the more likely you are to get infected.  Will they continue to take the scenic route into town or go the shorter way?  lol

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2020, 07:38:03 pm »
It'll be tough for the keshies.  The longer a passenger is in your taxi, the more likely you are to get infected.  Will they continue to take the scenic route into town or go the shorter way?  lol

After the lockdown, every tree and coast roads are gleaming and in full bloom.

Scenic route is the way to go.

Offline watty

« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2020, 07:40:55 pm »
First day back, I thought I'd be thinking "I could be at home earning €350 a week for doing nothing", turns out ........ I like driving a taxi and am confident enough in the preventative steps i'm taking regarding Covid.
I guess that's the moral of this story, if you don't like the job, you really shouldn't be doing it.

What steps are you taking?

FN screen
Medical Masks
Hand sanitiser
Disinfectant Aerosol
Disinfectant wipes
Good ventilation
If you're looking to get a grand, maybe a digital thermometer to take your temperature each morning to make sure you're not diseased before you start working?

I've seen plenty of doctors/nurses on TV say they take off their work clothes and shower the minute they get home after working.  Maybe you need a few work uniforms that are separate from your home clothes?  And a months supply of shampoo/soap etc for that shower.  Maybe a new phone/tablet because your kid watches Youtube on your potentially infected phone when you get home?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2020, 07:43:34 pm »
Mmm, temperature check doesn't "make sure" that you haven't got the pox, it just tells you that you haven't got a high temperature.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2020, 07:48:05 pm »
You can get them yokes in Lidl for a score.It has a laser thing on it.Dont blind the passengers if you're gonna be using one.Not good for the oul CV.

Now a thermal imaging camera that would be about 400.Handy for all your DIY projects during the second lockdown..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 07:51:19 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2020, 07:53:57 pm »
If you're looking to get a grand, maybe a digital thermometer to take your temperature each morning to make sure you're not diseased before you start working?

I've seen plenty of doctors/nurses on TV say they take off their work clothes and shower the minute they get home after working.  Maybe you need a few work uniforms that are separate from your home clothes?  And a months supply of shampoo/soap etc for that shower.  Maybe a new phone/tablet because your kid watches Youtube on your potentially infected phone when you get home?

Since when are we allowed to shower, "wash your hands" is all HSE and Joe Duffy (miseryguts ont wireless, not motor dealer) have advised during the last few months.

I was gonna get my timing belt done... main dealer should be at least 4 ton, maybe they'll do me a receipt for 9?

john m

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2020, 07:39:15 am »
Here is why they wont want the streets over run with taxies ....Chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan has expressed concern over a "worrying trend" of rising Covid-19 cases and travel-related clusters.

The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) has confirmed that, although there have been no further Covid-19 deaths, there were 24 additional cases in the previous 24 hours.

At least six of these new cases are associated with international travel. NPHET is now testing the contacts of these cases and warns that there may be further associated cases in the coming days.

Amid concerns about travel-linked instances of new Covid-19 diagnoses, Dr Holohan said he is "very concerned" about new cases being imported from abroad and pointed out that there has been a new travel-related cluster in the north west of the country as a result of people returning to Ireland from Iraq:

Many of the places that would be usual destinations for all of us in the summer time are having ongoing challenges with this infection. That will lead to further infection  being reimported to this country and, for that reason, we are genuinely very concerned about that. We would like people not to travel.

The chief medical officer also expressed concern that the number of contacts for some of the people recently diagnosed with Covid-19 has been "quite large" and that authorities have had to test in excess of 20 people in some instances in relation to individual cases: "That's a very different situation to back in April where there was a much larger number of cases but the average number of contacts for each of the cases that we were picking up was two to three."

"It would have been very unusual to pick up a single case with more than 20 contacts unless there was something very unusual about it but we are starting to see some of those kinds of patterns," he said.

Imagine a taxi driver with the disease picking up 10 passengers a day for a few days each of those passengers mixes with other people who mix with other people how would they trace the contacts .For those wondering if your Covit Coin will be cut I doubt it until they have better treacability .

Offline Belker

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2020, 07:44:37 am »
First day back, I thought I'd be thinking "I could be at home earning €350 a week for doing nothing", turns out ........ I like driving a taxi and am confident enough in the preventative steps i'm taking regarding Covid.
I guess that's the moral of this story, if you don't like the job, you really shouldn't be doing it.

What steps are you taking?

FN screen
Medical Masks
Hand sanitiser
Disinfectant Aerosol
Disinfectant wipes
Good ventilation
Fair Dinkum to you fer going back to work Roy,
tell me on a scale of 1 to 10 how were your earning today as compared to pre Covid times ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2020, 07:54:03 am »
I hope ye did'nt sign off the 350 because it's gone dirt the past three weeks.
The past 2 weeks have been tough with a lot of drivers returning to work, but last night was good and there was a few street hails around as the pub/res kinda re opened which I haven't seen since the Lockdown began.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2020, 08:21:13 am »
Surely the HSE have learned something about the virus, major factor in slowing/stopping it was Lockdown.

Anybody who wants to come into this country(incl people who have gone on Holidays/Business) should be sent to an isolation facility (somewhere) otherwise it's bring it on Covid 20.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

john m

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2020, 09:06:19 am »
Surely the HSE have learned something about the virus, major factor in slowing/stopping it was Lockdown.

Anybody who wants to come into this country(incl people who have gone on Holidays/Business) should be sent to an isolation facility (somewhere) otherwise it's bring it on Covid 20.

Have you read the instructions for isolate .You must inform the Government where you will self isolate .(If you experience any of the symptoms ) there is really no self isolation required more window dressing . Remember the Aids epidemic they told us to put it in a bag but never gave us free bags ,Wear facemasks but never provide them ,Isolate but dont supply isolation units .Its the Politics of we told you so .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2020, 11:08:12 am »
If we don't open up soon and quit with this quarantine crap and instead use the same prevention systems that other countries are using, Ireland will be saying to the rest of the world that we're closed for business and closed for tourism, not very good for Ireland or it's population.

john m

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2020, 11:14:48 am »
What if when you came into Ireland you had to go to the pub and get something to eat like the natives would that work .

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2020, 11:17:37 am »
Im still trying to decide when to go back to work. pubs reopen on 20th of July, so the Friday night after that might be the first busy night. That weekend might be very busy. And work during the week mightn't be too bad at that stage. or will I sit back and take the guaranteed 350 with no running costs.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2020, 11:20:13 am »
If tourists fly into Belfast would that bypass the quarantine for the republic of Ireland? they can then travel south.

Show Unread Posts