Author Topic: Cheap rentals are back.  (Read 14478 times)

Offline Golfer14

Re: Cheap rentals are back.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2020, 11:41:56 am »
Dont agree ,i think its gona be carnage for our business.08/09/10 we had no 9 year rule ,lower insurance costs ,hence its costing a lot more to stay a float .Small pubs are fucked ,no tourists for the rest of 2020 .Whole a lot of folk working from home ,mass unemployment .Online shopping  is huge ,foot fall on the streets is gona suffer .Dark days ahead .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2020, 11:56:31 am »
Damn seeks.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2020, 05:57:07 pm »
Much will I get for me 2 year  old Prius....90 k on the clock.....I think I'll retire ....I'm sick of pissing again the wind

Wrong time to be getting into the rental business, and to good a car to let some cunt destroy for €150 At best a week

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 07:13:16 pm »
Much will I get for me 2 year  old Prius....90 k on the clock.....I think I'll retire ....I'm sick of pissing again the wind

I'm here for you Octy!! lol

Offline U Wha

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2020, 01:55:43 am »
I handed my rental back to lynk in early march, well parked it outside my gaff and sent the key back cos they had nowhere to park it.

Got a text inviting me back this week. I replied asking waht the rate was... €250 per week for car, insurance and radio/app until further notice.

Offline Panel

• Wanked out French panel van driving scum.
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2020, 02:59:24 am »
I handed my rental back to lynk in early march, well parked it outside my gaff and sent the key back cos they had nowhere to park it.

Got a text inviting me back this week. I replied asking waht the rate was... €250 per week for car, insurance and radio/app until further notice.

What’s was the freight pre covid?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2020, 10:04:34 am »
Friend of mine who's getting on in years rang me yesterday asking about how much he might get and how to go about renting out his plate or full package, I hadn't a clue bar what I read on here.
Told him he'd have to rent full package, he's competing against guys who've been at it for a long time who have lost customers, he'd be doing well to get a ton a week, maybe a little more when normality resumes

Offline vandriver

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2020, 11:51:54 am »
You need a fleet to even out the big irregular costs.Your ton a week is worth anything if the gearbox goes.

Offline Panel

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2020, 07:10:02 pm »
You need a fleet to even out the big irregular costs.Your ton a week is worth anything if the gearbox goes.

The game whack a mole is a good analogy to keeping a fleet of 9 year old shitboxes on the road. 

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2020, 09:16:57 pm »
Damn seeks.
Sri sat akaal.

Panel and his Sheikhs, all driving turban diesels!! 8)

Offline U Wha

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2020, 03:57:07 am »

€370

Offline Panel

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2020, 05:14:29 am »

€370

€120 reduction, do ya think many drivers will stay at €250?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2020, 10:10:13 am »
Still have to earn 250 plus fuel before the missus gets her cut.

Offline Korky

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 02:54:57 am »
Renting is probably going to take some time to recover, but considering we’re in a once in a century pandemic, things could be worse, weekends seem to have taken off and are busy, for the average owner driver 2x10 hour shifts on a fri/sat night should cover your costs and give you a wage equal to the covid payment .. tip away midweek for a little cream. My only concern is I’ll have a big tax bill this year as 90% of the work is from the app .

Offline U Wha

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 03:00:50 am »

€370

€120 reduction, do ya think many drivers will stay at €250?

Not sure... but I amn't going back yet. As Shallowhal says €250 plus fuel and I live in Gorey so commuting to Dublin increases the fuel bill. Just don't see it working consistently.

Might set up in Gorey though with a hackney, limo and/or minibus and disrupt the local bogger market. No one flying for the foreseeable, so Wexford is busy with staycations and Dubs migrating to their mobile homes.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 03:06:44 am by U Wha »

Show Unread Posts