Author Topic: Dalymount  (Read 30275 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Dalymount
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2020, 12:57:09 pm »
You're brain isn't really capable of retaining much information is it? Useful information anyways. I believe Ken said that when you's met up for Christmas drinks you and him were talking and he almost had you convinced to become one of his mates. You know, the crew that sold the industry for a cup of coffee.  There ain't nothing wrong with my memory.  Yours seems a tad on the damaged side.  Probably from all the cheap lild's booze. Ye looney.

Well I was in cork an I can tell yu yur talking absolute bollix again ....third hand information....be careful now or I'll fish out your statement ya made 2 weeks ago bout ya considering becomin a licky lacky to survive an put food on the table cause yur shitein yurself yull be broke  ...but I havnt the stomach to be sifting tru your hogwash an drivel an I havnt the time ....I'm playing tennis at 1.30 with the owlone who hangs her knickers out on the balcony against house rules .... 
....I told ya before I'm retired ...this is only a hobby ......that reminds me I got a letter off the credit  onion last week tellin me would I mind taking me money out as they have introduced a 50,000 limit on shares ....an ther was me thinking I was helpin the impoverished little people like you get loans so you can get yur gaff wallpapered by some other plebian that has a pair of hands .....
Ungrateful cnuts.....think I'll buy more shares in daimler an bmw again  :-*
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 01:00:58 pm by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Horse

« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2020, 01:10:28 pm »
Yes I said i was temporarily considering become a lickey lackey but that was after covid hit and there's no work. I admit that. You on the other hand contemplated it before any pandemic,  purely influenced by greed. Something you're slagging ken about.  Big difference between me and you is I admit it. You just use youre good old fashioned selective memory as per and remember what you want to remember.  Told ya before,  you won't pull the wool over my eyes, ye loon..

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2020, 02:10:25 pm »
Yes I said i was temporarily considering become a lickey lackey but that was after covid hit and there's no work. I admit that. You on the other hand contemplated it before any pandemic,  purely influenced by greed. Something you're slagging ken about.  Big difference between me and you is I admit it. You just use youre good old fashioned selective memory as per and remember what you want to remember.  Told ya before,  you won't pull the wool over my eyes, ye loon..

Give it up horse ...your going blow the glass off the gickometer ......as I said theres a reason it's called Dope ....
I dont think freenow wud want ya anyway as a diplomatic representative wit your speedin an antisocial pursuits  .....
Wen they renting ther electric cars to ken .....they mite let ya wash the puke out the back seats an put them yur the car wash

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2020, 02:15:40 pm »
Now run along now ...I'm 2 sets ahead of the owlone with the
Lingerie .....she has to do me a a  O0sexual favour later if ( when) I win

Offline Horse

« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2020, 03:01:22 pm »
I'm only speaking the truth, working with the facts presented to me. You just make it up as you're going along. 

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2020, 03:02:04 pm »
The Ambassador scheme is free advertising for Free Now, if they had to pay to have cars embellished with their stickers it would cost them a fortune, Ambassadors should ask themselves how much the advertising is worth commercially and whether seeing jobs 15 seconds before others is worth it.
Offer passengers the 15% discount you are paying Free now and use your car to advertise and build your own business rather than someone else's
As soon as I got my screen I removed the Free now sticker ... My screen advertises my service to FreeNow passengers, try to take work from them ... not make work for them
Basic shit really

Yea but fleenow have a monopoly on the market roy ...they dont need the advertisement ther is no real competition out ther anymore .....the app is king to the new generation....
All other methods will die off with the dial a phone generation retire an snuff it ...

Let's say I hang close to a supermarket (Nutgrove SC)
Recently I've accepted a few Free Now jobs from there, a large portion of these were going to a council estate called Whitechurch, the fare's about €13 (€11 after FN take their cut)
Now let's say I had a sticker on my sneeze screen saying "Scabby Cabs, fixed fare €10 to or from Nutgrove and Whitechurch"
What happens when you stop and ask them for the €13, when they've been looking at a sticker saying it's a tenner?
You tell them that's only when you book with scabby cabs and give them your card.
After a month between word of mouth and Freenow customers in the back seat, you'll find you've a guaranteed income from it, whether it's enough to sustain you is another story but it'll be a base to work on.
As an individual businessman you don't need the level of work a dispatcher does, you only need enough to sustain yourself, the above plan would allow you to "work from home" (if you lived close enough) and expand into other nearby estates
and it would make Dollymount happy ... although he'd probably label you a discounting scumbag (you tend to get over that very quickly)

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2020, 03:08:13 pm »
Roy. ..what happens when Freenow drop the pick up charge and you have to cover the job for €9.35 after commission?

Do you cover the job for €7 to gain the customer again?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2020, 03:14:17 pm »
Roy. ..what happens when Freenow drop the pick up charge and you have to cover the job for €9.35 after commission?

Do you cover the job for €7 to gain the customer again?

why not?
That's pretty much all you'd be getting off FN after commission, what's the difference?
People don't seem to take the commission into account, but alway take the discount, when in reality they are the same one you give to your customer , the other you give to a multinational

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2020, 03:21:26 pm »
Yes Roy but once the multinational with lots of available taxis offers a better service(which is what happened with Failo)the small guy loses his passengers and has to discount even further.

When I was a courier we had these Sales reps that went into each of the competitions clients offering the same service but cheaper.Not once did the drivers get increased rates.Those reps are mostly driving taxis now.They weren't liked by the drivers.I don't think they had any qualifications except bullshitting and offering discounts.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2020, 03:28:03 pm »
Yes Roy but once the multinational with lots of available taxis offers a better service(which is what happened with Failo)the small guy loses his passengers and has to discount even further.

When I was a courier we had these Sales reps that went into each of the competitions clients offering the same service but cheaper.Not once did the drivers get increased rates.Those reps are mostly driving taxis now.They weren't liked by the drivers.I don't think they had any qualifications except bullshitting and offering discounts.

Don't do it for other drivers do it for yourself and adapt it to suit yourself, if you don't offer a decent service you will lose it but that's down to you, the above model requires 5 people going to and from Nutgrove to clear a ton a day ... possibly cash! ....  if it gets busy bring in a mate ... but don't fucking charge him!

dalymount

« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2020, 03:35:13 pm »
The Ambassador scheme is free advertising for Free Now, if they had to pay to have cars embellished with their stickers it would cost them a fortune, Ambassadors should ask themselves how much the advertising is worth commercially and whether seeing jobs 15 seconds before others is worth it.
Offer passengers the 15% discount you are paying Free now and use your car to advertise and build your own business rather than someone else's
As soon as I got my screen I removed the Free now sticker ... My screen advertises my service to FreeNow passengers, try to take work from them ... not make work for them
Basic shit really

Yea but fleenow have a monopoly on the market roy ...they dont need the advertisement ther is no real competition out ther anymore .....the app is king to the new generation....
All other methods will die off with the dial a phone generation retire an snuff it ...

Let's say I hang close to a supermarket (Nutgrove SC)
Recently I've accepted a few Free Now jobs from there, a large portion of these were going to a council estate called Whitechurch, the fare's about €13 (€11 after FN take their cut)
Now let's say I had a sticker on my sneeze screen saying "Scabby Cabs, fixed fare €10 to or from Nutgrove and Whitechurch"
What happens when you stop and ask them for the €13, when they've been looking at a sticker saying it's a tenner?
You tell them that's only when you book with scabby cabs and give them your card.
After a month between word of mouth and Freenow customers in the back seat, you'll find you've a guaranteed income from it, whether it's enough to sustain you is another story but it'll be a base to work on.
As an individual businessman you don't need the level of work a dispatcher does, you only need enough to sustain yourself, the above plan would allow you to "work from home" (if you lived close enough) and expand into other nearby estates
and it would make Dollymount happy ... although he'd probably label you a discounting scumbag (you tend to get over that very quickly)
yes your quite right,I agree with you .the sentiment you expressed is indeed encouraging.there are a number of problems I see with this though.while I welcome taking back control from dispatchers,I feel by doing what you propose you are helping to maintain a discount culture.this is something that was introduced by Ebbs,where he brought in discounts,at YOUR expense.this is a road thay has already been traveled,and should not be again.we also need to re establish a society where the punters are glad to see us,instead of us selling our soles to the devil fot a fare.this can be achieved by leaving dispatchers,and taking back control

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2020, 05:46:26 pm »

Don't do it for other drivers do it for yourself and adapt it to suit yourself, if you don't offer a decent service you will lose it but that's down to you, the above model requires 5 people going to and from Nutgrove to clear a ton a day ... possibly cash! ....  if it gets busy bring in a mate ... but don't fucking charge him!
I dont believe there is a "Legal" rank there , what if the center don't approve of you hanging around ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2020, 06:02:59 pm »
No there's no rank, and by hanging close I simply mean being the closest to the job for FN, so nearby is enough, either way just an example can be applied anywhere

dalymount

« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2020, 06:04:27 pm »
I always hate to see drivers hanging around outside pubs,clubs,and shopping centres where no rank exist.people come on here and talk about offering a good service,yet this is professionalism in the extreme,not to mention illegal

dalymount

« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2020, 06:06:06 pm »
Sorry the above  should read UNPROFESSIONALISM

Show Unread Posts