Author Topic: Pubs reopening .Yes or not yes  (Read 15911 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Pubs reopening .Yes or not yes
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2020, 02:37:10 am »
Today is the day! I’m not expecting much, but should be a nice boost for a few days anyway
I would agree, I'm still on FN Priority till midnight and on Gold Ambassador status,
I'm expecting a Good night with all the local pubs reopening.

john m

« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2020, 01:13:16 pm »
Watch the Anal ammo hit the air conditioner later this week when some country Porter Shops are closed down just days after reopening add in Secondry School teachers going on strike with full pay time to GET A GUN.

Offline Korky

« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2020, 01:16:09 pm »
Watch the Anal ammo hit the air conditioner later this week when some country Porter Shops are closed down just days after reopening add in Secondry School teachers going on strike with full pay time to GET A GUN.

I agree, the counties that have opened today will be lucky to get two weeks before moving to stage 3 or 4. Will put in extra hours while it lasts

Offline Jonno

« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2020, 04:29:31 pm »

I agree, the counties that have opened today will be lucky to get two weeks before moving to stage 3 or 4. Will put in extra hours while it lasts
We're next up here. Fuckin culchies!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2020, 04:33:37 pm »

1st October Cork will be in stage 3 along with other counties

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2020, 08:14:48 pm »

1st October Cork will be in stage 3 along with other counties

Ken and his house parties...the fuk!!

Offline Korky

« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2020, 12:22:58 am »
Weird, after 6 months in lockdown, I’d estimate that ably about 40% of wet pubs opened in Cork tonight... despite the vintners protest, the majority of pubs remain closed

john m

« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2020, 06:15:14 am »
Weird, after 6 months in lockdown, I’d estimate that ably about 40% of wet pubs opened in Cork tonight... despite the vintners protest, the majority of pubs remain closed

I have a Mate on the Temple Bar traders Association in Dublin Temple Bar is the Strip up here .He says a lot of the Pubs wont reopen even if they are allowed .Corporation have suspended Commercial rates ,cheaper insurance ,no staff costs associated with closed pubs no heating or lighting .If there are no tourists,Gigs ,Sporting events .Office workers most City pubs couldnt turn a profit .My mate said it would cost 27,000 a week to reopen his pub and that the present conditions they could not generate enough turnover so he recons February next year before they will reopen .Plus Im sure most publicans know they will be back in lockdown within a fortnight .

Offline Jonno

« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2020, 07:09:24 am »

I have a Mate on the Temple Bar traders Association in Dublin Temple Bar is the Strip up here .He says a lot of the Pubs wont reopen even if they are allowed .Corporation have suspended Commercial rates ,cheaper insurance ,no staff costs associated with closed pubs no heating or lighting .If there are no tourists,Gigs ,Sporting events .Office workers most City pubs couldnt turn a profit .My mate said it would cost 27,000 a week to reopen his pub and that the present conditions they could not generate enough turnover so he recons February next year before they will reopen .Plus Im sure most publicans know they will be back in lockdown within a fortnight .
That's the starting point for any retail venture. You need people in the door. If they're not even leaving their own doors then you have a problem. It'll be a telling tale to see how many slip back into their old pub routine, or how many have genuinely changed their habits by default since march.

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2020, 08:19:05 am »
The capacity has been massively reduced in all pubs.Some pubs that used to be able to squeeze in a hundred are only allowed in thirty now.In one of my locals the barman goes around with a counter clicker thingy to keep tabs on the numbers.

Like I said before anyone who wanted a drink could get one already.There wouldn't be a huge number of people who have been staying at home since March.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:29:43 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2020, 11:11:08 am »
It's the city bars that are hit, I guess. The culchies are cashing in with heavy drinking dubs instead of tight fisted yanks... Maybe Level 3 should encourage dubs to staycate in Dublin or maybe we need a level 2.34 for that?

dalymount

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2020, 11:25:43 am »
Talking about tight fisted yanks,I have been told they were advised not to tip.who would give this advice,and why ? Whos business is it anyway wether they tip or not ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2020, 12:08:51 pm »
The ones on coach trips are usually advised not to tip because "porterage" is included in what they pay so the hotel porters get €1/bag or whatever at every stop and waiting staff are appropriately tipped as far as inclusive meals are concerned. They're also advised that Europeans don't share the tipping culture you find in the U.S. where it's not uncommon to see signs stating that staff "work for tips". An Italian friend of mine is quite opposed to tipping over there and actually maintains that tips can be construed as insults in their culture.

dalymount

« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2020, 12:23:29 pm »
Well they can insult me any time they want,I dont mind being insulted

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2020, 12:25:35 pm »
Sure we know you're never at the back of the queue where handouts are concerned... maybe that's because you're not Italian.

Show Unread Posts