Author Topic: Budget 2021  (Read 52988 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Budget 2021
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2020, 10:35:47 am »
Covid money was cut for many none taxi drivers also Ken.......
?? What is that supposed to mean ?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2020, 10:46:05 am »
Eh Ken much of the country are on a Covid subsidy from their employer and the rest are on the Covid payment.Even the students that were getting 350 are on 200 now.So there just isn't as much disposable income as there was three months ago.

Plus the unaffected ones with good jobs can't spend their cash during lockdown.

john m

« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2020, 10:53:00 am »
Ken the population of cork is 400K Dublin is 1.2 million so three times more than cork .We have 6 times more licenced taxies than Cork thats = to double the amount of taxies per populous .So straight away you start with twice as many potential customers per cab than we do in Dublin .Now break down who the Dublin based customers are .A lot of Office workers who had taxi accounts as their companies did not offer car parking and street parking is all but banned they are now working from home .Tourists now non existent the knock on effect the City Center (Temple Bar) is closed up that means all the staff that worked late night bars and restaurants who took taxies home as there was no busses are gone .Dublin had at least two or more major events per week from Concerts to Sporting events ,most Dublin drivers depended on about thirty major events per year to make up their coin .From all Irelands ,Rugby Internationals ,Gigs in Croker or the Aviva .On these occasions drivers with Dublin and another licence flocked to the Capital to feed on the bounty but now that bounty has gone and bordering counties are fucked so we are seeing drivers who worked their second area like Louth ,Meath or Kildare now working the empty streets of Dublin .Cork didnt suffer the same impact on work availability as Dublin did even Students in Cork are different than Dublin Students .There was plenty of low wage student work available in Dublin to fuel Nights out runs to the drug dealers thats all gone as I said the amount of work is down about 70% with 20% of the fleet on the roads and I doubt many are making minimum wage .Are you trying to tell me that Cork was impacted that badly ?

Ok yeh we have also to contend with rent a Bike ,Go car ,Luas,Dart ,Irish Rail .Dublin Bus .

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #318 on: October 18, 2020, 11:09:19 am »
Covid money was cut for many none taxi drivers also Ken.Many are on on notice from their employer.It won't get better until it's over now that the rest of the fleet know they can legally work and claim.

Merc there wont be as many drivers back on the road as you think .Reactivate your insurance ,fuel going to run you at least 50 a week extra doubt you will pick up a ton especially if we go level 4+ Looks like to save Leos Political Life after he attacked Dr Houlihan before numbers Doubled in a week we Will go 4+not 5  that will close down all non essential shops the knock on effect is wholesalers and distributors lay off more staff .There is no work out there now and there will be even less by next Friday .Stay put dont reactivate your insurance wait and and when your finished waiting wait another bit .

I agree, I am working but if I was still on the covid payment I would wait it out another while. I gave my mechanic 480 euro last week, then you have all the other costs, the 480 a month wont make up for all your other costs. I dont even bother working friday and saturday nights now, im not hanging around for 4 or 5 hours for 40 euro fcuk that. There will be vaccines in the new year and things will slowly get back to normal, we will be grand.

john m

« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2020, 11:27:15 am »
A lot of lads are caught by Mortgages ,car Loans ,Credit Cards ,Credit Unions Insurance ,Tax Bills .I posted on most of these but here is the advice .Prioritize ,Your Mortgage is the most important pay it if you can if you cant talk to your bank .It will cost you in the long run but see if you can go interest only for a while .The reason for this is as long as the interest is being paid the loan is a performing loan. Paying less than your full amount without the banks permission is the exact same as paying nothing .Talk to your Bank .Credit Cards are Unsecured if you need to default then Credit Cards are your best option .If you are not working and dont need the Car for family use then take Mercs advise cancel the insurance and park up .Your Credit union like your Mortgage will probably do an interest only deal for a few months for the same reason as long as they get the interest the loan is performing .Your tax bill can be warehoused .Car loans are up for a bit of debate .Your Loan is probably funded by the Car maker like VW or Scoda or Renault Credit they dont want the car back especially a Taxi they will do you a deal either on interest or repayment break if your in a bad place then stop paying the Car loan its unlikely the Courts will allow the lender repossess it as its the tool of your trade they will possibly order the lender to first offer to restructure .

Offline Belker

« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2020, 11:31:07 am »
Ken the population of cork is 400K Dublin is 1.2 million so three times more than cork .We have 6 times more licenced taxies than Cork thats = to double the amount of taxies per populous .So straight away you start with twice as many potential customers per cab than we do in Dublin .Now break down who the Dublin based customers are .A lot of Office workers who had taxi accounts as their companies did not offer car parking and street parking is all but banned they are now working from home .Tourists now non existent the knock on effect the City Center (Temple Bar) is closed up that means all the staff that worked late night bars and restaurants who took taxies home as there was no busses are gone .Dublin had at least two or more major events per week from Concerts to Sporting events ,most Dublin drivers depended on about thirty major events per year to make up their coin .From all Irelands ,Rugby Internationals ,Gigs in Croker or the Aviva .On these occasions drivers with Dublin and another licence flocked to the Capital to feed on the bounty but now that bounty has gone and bordering counties are fucked so we are seeing drivers who worked their second area like Louth ,Meath or Kildare now working the empty streets of Dublin .Cork didnt suffer the same impact on work availability as Dublin did even Students in Cork are different than Dublin Students .There was plenty of low wage student work available in Dublin to fuel Nights out runs to the drug dealers thats all gone as I said the amount of work is down about 70% with 20% of the fleet on the roads and I doubt many are making minimum wage .Are you trying to tell me that Cork was impacted that badly ?

Ok yeh we have also to contend with rent a Bike ,Go car ,Luas,Dart ,Irish Rail .Dublin Bus .
Fer a fella who did not work during the first phase of the pandemic, you sure seem to know or seem to know a lot about it ?
I worked it, Korky worked it, as did a few others on here (no screens, no masks) and you sat there on the PUP thinking that you can judge us.

john m

« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2020, 11:40:03 am »

Fer a fella who did not work during the first phase of the pandemic, you sure seem to know or seem to know a lot about it ?
I worked it, Korky worked it, as did a few others on here (no screens, no masks) and you sat there on the PUP thinking that you can judge us.

john m

« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2020, 11:42:44 am »
Judge you Ken what the fuck do you want another medal you went to work because there was work simple as .The only ones passing judgement are the sanctimonious fucks who think turning up to work makes then some sort of Hero .

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2020, 11:52:32 am »
I think thats a good summery by John M...on the effects of Covid to Dublin taxi drivers..
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2020, 12:00:06 pm »
You worked it out of boredom not bravery Ken....and bragged about how much you were cleaning up with Gold medal screenshots included,we were asked not to work and paid not to work but of late you're posting how dire it is at the mo....Dublin has been like that since March but you couldn't help yourself rubbin it into the faces of drivers who have experienced exactly what John describes for 7 months now.....i could feel the excitement of your tone in your posts!!

Offline Horse

« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2020, 12:05:49 pm »
Yea ken, rubbing people's noses in it and bragging about getting a weeks wages in 35 hours, complete, as hal says, with screen shots was never gonna go down well with dublin drivers who've been all their bollox both financially and mentally for 7 months now. Then to top it off you're acting like you're some kind of fcuking hero going to work? Hero me bollix.

Offline Belker

« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2020, 12:22:13 pm »
I only ever posted the truth and backed it up with screenshots during this pandemic.

Dublin city and Cork city are pro-rata, Dublin city has about 10 times the population
and about 10 times the Taxi fleet, we were all under the same Lock down regulations fer many months.

Maybe yiz should have taken a shot at working ?

john m

« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2020, 12:32:39 pm »
I only ever posted the truth and backed it up with screenshots during this pandemic.

Dublin city and Cork city are pro-rata, Dublin city has about 10 times the population
and about 10 times the Taxi fleet, we were all under the same Lock down regulations fer many months.

Your maths is wrong the population of Dublin isint 4 Million .Anyhoo .Lets get to the basics .If a Driver gave up the covid coin and got the Grand he thought he was doing well but now that reality has raised its ugly head Second lockdown the Lad who went all in  now finds himself without a hand to play but the lads who waited can now claim the Covid coin and toil if they can find toil deliver parcels or shopping and still claim Covid coin .Where the lads who cashed in cant they might get back on the Covid Coin but cannot take on any casual work .Now do the Maths who is going to be better off the Lads who waited or the lads who worked gave up 350 then paid 15% commission on top of Tax and PRSI and social charge on their earnings .Imagine paying over 500 a week to go to work .A whore wouldnt pay that to rent a room in a brothel in Amsterdam where there is plenty of Whoring work available .

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #328 on: October 18, 2020, 12:43:49 pm »
......Korky you havent a fucking bulls notion ....
That is not fair comment John M, both myself and Korky worked our bollocks off during this pandemic, I still can not afford to take a week off since last April. The work all summer was slow and hard and we had to chase work constantly. Myself and Korky shared a lot of information of how to achieve the best returns, much of which was posted on here but it was not easy work, there were many nights that saw myself and Korky feeding the birds the left-overs of our dinner alone on the Grand Parade Taxi rank whilst waiting on a FN job to pop up from anywhere in the city, but between us we worked it out and we did ok but it wasn't Fookin easy !

I went back to work after 10 weeks
Some weeks were great others were crap I did 7 days
I got 900 one week and 480 a week after
It was hard to gauge and all over the place
I never got priority once and free now  seemed to be hit and miss
I even downloaded uber again got 5 jobs a week around town
The week I just done was crap I had worst sat nite ever last nite its ridiculous what I wot last nite

If I could stay home I would as its gonna get worse these more drivers out this week
In fairness to Ken and korky they said it the way it was down there

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2020, 12:46:21 pm »

Your maths is wrong the population of Dublin isint 4 Million .Anyhoo .Lets get to the basics .If a Driver gave up the covid coin and got the Grand he thought he was doing well but now that reality has raised its ugly head Second lockdown the Lad who went all in  now finds himself without a hand to play but the lads who waited can now claim the Covid coin and toil if they can find toil deliver parcels or shopping and still claim Covid coin .Where the lads who cashed in cant they might get back on the Covid Coin but cannot take on any casual work .Now do the Maths who is going to be better off the Lads who waited or the lads who worked gave up 350 then paid 15% commission on top of Tax and PRSI and social charge on their earnings .Imagine paying over 500 a week to go to work .A whore wouldnt pay that to rent a room in a brothel in Amsterdam where there is plenty of Whoring work available .

It depends what you mean by being better off, financially or mentally. mentally you are better off out working meeting people, having a routine etc. financially you might be better off on the covid payment short term but if you are off for a year, are you going to loose your regular customers? at least we have the option of working unlike the bar staff, hotel and cafe workers etc.

Show Unread Posts