Author Topic: Irish Sport  (Read 10252 times)

Offline markmiwurdz

Re: Irish Sport
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2020, 08:41:31 pm »
The great Sea Pigeon ran in the Epsom Derby afaik.

john m

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2020, 08:35:47 am »
I have a little bit of sick in me mouth saying this .But Ireland @3/1 against Wales might be worth a Tenner .Wales are as shite as we are only difference is they play in Red .Cold ,wet ,Miserable weather Garrett the Golfer wont like those conditions .Good Catholic Irish Lads playing international Football on a Sunday remind them that they really should be playing every Sunday in the AUL Sunday div 2 might up their game now they are playing similar opposition .

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2020, 01:39:09 pm »
I reckon Kenny could be the first irish manager to never win a game before getting sacked. we're fuckin dirt.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2020, 02:17:58 pm »
I reckon Kenny could be the first irish manager to never win a game before getting sacked. we're fuckin dirt.

He wanted the gig so badly.

john m

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2020, 03:10:06 pm »
This GOOD Irish team Great manager ...........Two horses I put up here in the Past .Pencilfullof lead won today @11/2 and Put the Kettle on I put it up for cheltenham last year won today @2/1 now waiting on that Good Irish team to beat Wales  for me 3x 2 euro doubles and a 2 euro treble .  Come on you boys in Green come on you boys in Green .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2020, 07:40:18 pm »
Are there many 3YOs jumping before June?

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2020, 07:50:42 pm »
Are there many 3YOs jumping before June?

They start jumping hurdles at 4YO.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2020, 07:51:30 pm »
This GOOD Irish team Great manager ...........Two horses I put up here in the Past .Pencilfullof lead won today @11/2 and Put the Kettle on I put it up for cheltenham last year won today @2/1 now waiting on that Good Irish team to beat Wales  for me 3x 2 euro doubles and a 2 euro treble .  Come on you boys in Green come on you boys in Green .

Very flat again although we were robbed of a peno at the end.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2020, 08:09:03 pm »
If memory serves Put The Kettle On won at much better odds (double digits anyway) at Cheltenham, day 1 I think... typically, I didn't back on day 1!

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2020, 08:26:03 pm »
Q:

Would a better/more established manager get any more out of our team ?

No disrespect to Stephen Kenny but perhaps he is out of his league !
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

john m

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2020, 08:39:26 pm »
Q:

Would a better/more established manager get any more out of our team ?

No disrespect to Stephen Kenny but perhaps he is out of his league !

Wales are as poor as we are .We were desperate absolutely no progress .We havent been beaten this often since Brian was beaten in Clontarf .

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2020, 02:59:19 am »
Think Brian might win in 1014 AD....Have a bet....Didnt watch the second half in Wales...so poor....
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

john m

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 06:14:52 am »
You got to wonder if Martin O Neill had some sort of Republican Sympathies .Why he didnt rush to Cap Rice and Grealish just to make sure they were branded Irish .Irish Footballers need to Cop the Fuck on. To many young players think that only the English League matters .I cant remember any young Irish Players signing for German.Dutch or Spanish teams .Just look at how Poor the English Players really are more than half of the Premier league players are Non British but still ort top young players cant get a start with English Clubs .Think what we are seeing now is the result of Sky TV and the Premier Leagues need for immediate success ,no time or money to be spent on developing players just look all over the World for good players and buy them .I think a lot of Players are not interested in playing International football for second rate National sides giving up their international break time to get beaten instead of a few days holiday with her and the kids .Irish Soccer like our Boxing team both punched well above their weight for a long time but now are really operating up to their handicap mark as also rans .
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 06:22:09 am by john m »

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2020, 12:07:34 pm »
Football players and Coaches just want the money....hungry knuts !!!!
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

john m

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2020, 12:24:07 pm »
Football players and Coaches just want the money....hungry knuts !!!!

Coola we saw how it works Grealish and Rice were happy to play for Ireland under age as they could be touted around by their agents as international footballers but as soon as they sign professional contracts that changes .The agent now says listen no sense in being an International player with a second rate country that decreases your value on the transfer market .Not just in Football If you have a Derby Winner trained by Aiden O Brien his stud Fee will be higher than if he was trained by billy no name even though he won the same race .Footballers are commodities to be traded they are a brand .Look at Grealish he was being priced at around 25 million during the Summer playing for a poor Villa Team now he has played for England and Villa are winning a few games his value when he goes to UTd or Arsenal or City will be 70 Million and he can expect to triple his wages .If he was playing in that Irish side then his value would be based on how well Villa do knock billions off his value and wage packet .Its not Sport anymore its Sports Entertainment based around money .

Show Unread Posts