Author Topic: Business Planning  (Read 6541 times)

john m

Re: Business Planning
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2020, 08:02:23 am »
There is a Grant if you are self Employed and return to SELF EMPLOYMENT .If you return to SELF EMPLOYMENT then decide to go PAYE you have satisfied the requirement as SELF EMPLOYED to get the grant join the dots .

Merc I would take minimum wage the Covid Coin wont last then we will be competing against younger men for minimum wage jobs .If I could get a job today or tomorrow for Minimum wage I would take it .You can always give it up but you might not always be able to get one .Remember when the Covid Coin ends we have two choices go driving or close up shop and apply for the Dole and if your hen is working and based on this years revenue means tested benifits or Assistance might not make three figures .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2020, 08:09:22 am »
You're not eligible for the grant unless you give up your payment last I heard.

The Covid payments won't stop until they stop paralysing certain parts of the economy.It could easily go on until 2022 in some form until the vaccine arrives.

I'm getting ready for my return in March/April/May..who knows.

john m

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2020, 08:12:25 am »
Yes you must give up the Covid so Lets say a Licenced SELF EMPLOYED driver decided to take up a PAYE job .He first informs whoever that he is returning to SELF EMPLOYMENT .Now he has satisfied the Condition to apply for the Grant .What he does after that is his own business even if he takes up a PAYE job .

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2020, 08:22:45 am »
I dunno there's some sort of covid Christmas bonus getting paid according to the news lastnight.The grant is worth a grand of vouched expenses that will probably be checked at some point.

Covid money between today and April is worth a few grand.

You could get a minimum wage job today and still be fecked on the scrapheap when the busy Christmas period is over.Nothing is guaranteed except the covid money.

john m

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2020, 08:54:37 am »
I dunno there's some sort of covid Christmas bonus getting paid according to the news lastnight.The grant is worth a grand of vouched expenses that will probably be checked at some point.

Covid money between today and April is worth a few grand.

You could get a minimum wage job today and still be fecked on the scrapheap when the busy Christmas period is over.Nothing is guaranteed except the covid money.

Christmas bonus I think its next week .The Covid Coin is only guarenteed for another few months .For anybody that hasent worked at their trade or profession for years its a minefield trying to get resertified for certain work .I had a boilermakers ticket years ago that allowed me do certain welding its now invalid and it would cost thousands to get re certified .I have a Fork Lift licence the outdoor licence is still valid but I cant work indoors unless I retake the Forklift licence .You cant go on site without a safety pass and a ticket for every tool you operate .Two pals are plasterers they were dry dashing a house recently and some head from Health and safety driving by stopped and told them to drop the scaffold as it was not erected by a qualified person .As I said for me personally I would give up the Covid Coin in return for a 9 to 5 minimum wage job but thats just me .Not a lot of demand for overweight unfit old men .If there is extra customs checks after Brexit then there might be a bit more courier work from customs clearance depots .

Offline U Wha

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2020, 07:01:22 pm »
As I said for me personally I would give up the Covid Coin in return for a 9 to 5 minimum wage job but thats just me .Not a lot of demand for overweight unfit old men .If there is extra customs checks after Brexit then there might be a bit more courier work from customs clearance depots .

I have the perfect job for ya John! Security Guard.. perfectly suited to semi incapacitated men over 50 .

Not a big effort to apply for the PSA Security Licence. Costs €240 to do the static guarding course. Loads of trainers running online courses every week.

Once you pass and you will pass cos there is no real test, just monkey see, monkey do. The training provider will give you a letter to confirm you have completed the training, send that to the PSA with your completed application and €90 fee.

Takes a couple of weeks to process as Garda vetting involved. You should have no issue there if you have a valid SPSV driver licence.

In the mean time apply to security companies and they can contact the PSA directly and get a cover letter which allows you to work while waiting for the badge to be issued.

The security company will need to check you employment history for last 5 years, not an issue just need your book keeper or letter from revenue or social to say you have been self employed for whatever period of time.

Depending on the security company and even within companies depending on the site the pay rate is €12 to €13 per hour. The better companies pay extra on Sundays and a set allowance for night shifts.

I did just that because I wasn't getting enough consistent work with the truck driving agency and even if I was the extra couple of euro per hour wasn't worth it with all the responsibility of driving a truck and other aggravation.

Now as I type this I am sitting in a nice comfortable office block, drinking tea, gazing at the cameras while being paid €160 gross for a 12 hour night shift. Rolling on a 3, 4, 3, 4 shifts over 4 weeks. It averages out at a 42 hour week and there is overtime available if I am flexible about moving around sites.

I will continue to keep the taxi for the time being and do it part time when things pickup next year.

Plenty of work out there and not as bad as minimum wage, plenty of hours if you want or need them. No aggravation involved, simply there for insurance reasons and a deterrent. They actually tell you not to get involved, be safe and call the guards.

Let me know if you decide to go down that road because I get free BoBo for referring somebody to the company.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 07:15:13 pm by U Wha »

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2020, 08:38:34 pm »
Bit severe Occi most Taxi drivers are grafters if you dont go out you dont earn .Why they wont sell off the industry or let Uber or Free Now get their mits on it is simple .It can only truly work if it is chaotic and reactionary .If it was regularized the turn over of staff would be huge .You can see it here lads that were working sixty or seventy hours a week now complaining they cant get coin while others are sofa surfing and surviving .This industry only works because of the diversity of workers ,we are reactionary All Ireland Day every driver is at his steering wheel big Gig we are there late night Discotechs and Sheebeens throwing out time the Brothers of the wheel are there and its all paid for out of our own pockers no subsidies like CIE.or Dublin Bus we the taxi drivers pay to play .A lot of the pain we are going through now was caused by ourselves .Thick ignorant no good wasters parading as some sort of industry reps fucked it up for the few who were getting a living by asking for nothing out of nothing .Let us go back to work for nothing  The Minister said fire away earn a ton and twenty a week if you can and keep your Covid Coin .Result is drivers competing with drivers for non existing work .

Like I said we are a reactionary force fire fighters ,Transport Storm Troopers our role is to respond to demand UB40 playing Malahide we will be there Lester Piggott at Leopardstown we will be there Madonna at the O2 we will be there .Our reps dont understand that they think there should be less of us so we can make more money and thats the way they present their case and the Government always ignore them because what the Government want is what they have A reactionary force of Storm Troopers who will react to demand From Full time Sixty hour lads to double jobbers dosent matter to the NTA who does the job as long as it gets done .Reps should of been looking for more money for drivers to keep us off the road not no money to get us back on the Road .If I had of been asked I would of said Ask the Government for a few grand per driver to help maintain our vehicles and keep them Insured during this Pandemic so we will be available to Storm Troop or React should we be needed in the event that some of the other Nationally available transport providers were impacted by an out break of Covid among their staff and had to withdraw their service .The NTA have designed the Taxi Industry to be reactionary so ask them to pay for it . We put more drivers back on the road for nothing only the opportunity to try to earn a ton and twenty .Its only when taxi drivers realize we are only seasonal workers who can only make money off of other peoples events like concerts ,Sports events ,Porter Shops ,Theater work or other Medical shows .Most of our work is reactionary we react to demand created by others we as an industry create no demand have little or no power to create demand .The stupidity of offering half price fares to people who need a taxi anyway dosent create demand it just reduced wages .

Until The Lads from the Flats are back going to raves .Brona and Helen are back in Coppers all the Gay lads are going to see Kylie in the Point Seamus and Sean are going to Croker Old tommy is on the lash in the local .Its their party and we can cry if we want to cry if we want to but until everybody else returns to normal there is just not enough work to go round and Priority, stars ,golden boy status,discounts, stickers on bonnetts wont make a bit of difference .Time for lads to Paint Pictures ,Write Stories get to know your kids and yourself or try get a different job because this industry will be one of the last to recover because we only react to other peoples events .
Me Post removed ... oops
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2020, 10:14:38 am »
Anybody Know what is or isint opening ?Are the Wet pubs outside of Dublin reopening ?are Foody pubs and Restaurants opening or does that depend on numbers ?

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2020, 11:04:37 am »
Anybody Know what is or isint opening ?Are the Wet pubs outside of Dublin reopening ?are Foody pubs and Restaurants opening or does that depend on numbers ?

I doubt anyone knows 100% yet
John calm down relax theres still  a bit of work around the gravy boats half full and still pup   

john m

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2020, 11:11:41 am »
I have relations in Tipp and he thinks if they go back to tier 3 then Rural wet pubs will be allowed reopen I dont think he is right .When is tier three not tier three ?when its tier three .Could they not just say if you want to go for a gargle bring your own dinner and there is a 9 euro cover charge to eat just like they charge Corkage if you bring your own wine .Some amount of pubs wont reopen the cost of staying closed will wipe them out .

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2020, 11:14:31 am »
Bring ur own dinner lol does that stop covid

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2020, 11:14:44 am »
They're getting up to 5k a week for staying closed.I'd say many publicans don't want to bother opening.They might be pretending that they wanna work but I doubt they give a fuk at this stage.Bit like myself.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2020, 11:15:52 am »
Wait till next yr see what happens when vaccines out
And everyone gets sick from it

john m

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2020, 11:20:02 am »
Bring ur own dinner lol does that stop covid

Dont see why not buying one out of a dirty kitchen in a pub that was handled by the delivery driver ,the chef ,the waitress .Plate washed by the fella doing the cellar or cleaning the pissers seems ok so something you cooked yourself must be healthier and cleaner .The 9 euro cover charge could go into a kitty to help the publican pay for the Christmas decorations

john m

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2020, 11:22:20 am »
They're getting up to 5k a week for staying closed.I'd say many publicans don't want to bother opening.They might be pretending that they wanna work but I doubt they give a fuk at this stage.Bit like myself.

Max of 5K based on your last years VAT returns .I heard through the Grapevine Diageo were lobbying for wet pubs to remain closed as they do not have enough stock to go round and dont want to be put in a position of choosing which customers get stock .

Show Unread Posts