Author Topic: Maradona R.I.P  (Read 4326 times)

dalymount

Re: Maradona R.I.P
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2020, 10:16:25 pm »
I dont think it is always learned from parents..My dad never played..yet I played GAA football and hurling/soccer/rowing/karate/golf/bowling/and on.My kids were all encouraged to get involved with sport from a young age.Found it good for developing social skills.I would watch all sports but my favourite now are womens wrestling and womens rugby....... ::fuck ::fuck yippee
always good to see kids involved in sport,or music.as the pecker dunne said to me many many years ago,as long as I have a banjo in me hand,I'll never go hungary

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2020, 02:26:35 am »
Remember Gino Lawless goal against Rangers way back then...Its ironic that I managed a schoolboy team with him called  "Rangers"....Gino was a fellow taximan  for years.
gino got the 3rd of our 3 goals that night a pile driver from about 25/30 yards.rocky o brien got the other 2 gino runs the little PO in ringsend,still does as far as I know,a real nice fella,and a hell of a centre back.not many would win a tackle against our Gino

I think Gino got a transfer to a German club....the Manager got fired a few days later and Gino was sent packing and ended up in Dundalk...Such bad luck.Do you know who the German club was  Dalymount ?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2020, 02:47:26 am »
never liked Maradona.
hate 90% of south american and latin european footballers.
tanned pikeys is all they are.

dalymount

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2020, 06:50:55 am »
Remember Gino Lawless goal against Rangers way back then...Its ironic that I managed a schoolboy team with him called  "Rangers"....Gino was a fellow taximan  for years.
gino got the 3rd of our 3 goals that night a pile driver from about 25/30 yards.rocky o brien got the other 2 gino runs the little PO in ringsend,still does as far as I know,a real nice fella,and a hell of a centre back.not many would win a tackle against our Gino

I think Gino got a transfer to a German club....the Manager got fired a few days later and Gino was sent packing and ended up in Dundalk...Such bad luck.Do you know who the German club was  Dalymount ?
I dont ever remember Gino playing in Germany,are you sure your not thinking about a fella called Ben Hannigan from shelbourne ?

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2020, 11:42:02 am »

I dont ever remember Gino playing in Germany,are you sure your not thinking about a fella called Ben Hannigan from shelbourne ?

I remember talking to Gino about it in the mid 90s with Billy Young..He never got a game cos the new Manager did not want him...Thought it was a very sad story..Anyways Turlough was my favourite Bohs player...Great eye for goal. 
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

dalymount

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2020, 12:51:07 pm »
All the O Connors were great servants to Bohemians,Turlough,padraig,michael and also they were involved with Athlone town as well.a funny story about Ben Hannigan ,you might remember him coola.but anyway at that time Ben was to shelbourne what besty was to man utd.a  3rd division German club came in for Ben,and of course he wnt.now at the same time,there was a bloke playing for cologne,or one of the top Germam clubs,ansd his name was VAN hannigan.the reports were all over the place about this bloke van hannigan,scoring week in week out.everyone in Dublin thought it was Ben,and shels supporters were goiing fukin mad saying why the fukk did we let him go.it was gas

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2020, 02:22:33 am »
Ha ha.... never heard that about Ben.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2020, 01:10:18 pm »
PMSL.

Show Unread Posts