Author Topic: India England Cricket  (Read 1652 times)

john m

India England Cricket
« on: February 13, 2021, 04:48:41 pm »
9/1 the Draw looks value .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: India England Cricket
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 02:33:17 pm »
Not now it doesn't.

john m

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 03:02:38 pm »
The best add I ever seen for Global warming first day a batters pitch India 300 for 6 but overnight before England got to bat it turned into a fucking country pubs car park .Must be fierce sunny in India at night to dry out a pitch like that .All the lads who scutted on a train to get to the game were laughing their heads off .Its just not Cricket !

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 03:07:13 pm »
The English don't seem to be coping with spin very well or bowling spin well at the moment... opens things up for the rest of the series anyway, I guess.

john m

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 03:20:32 pm »
The English don't seem to be coping with spin very well or bowling spin well at the moment... opens things up for the rest of the series anyway, I guess.

Its lovley to see lads that learned the game on the streets in bare feet batting with a plank of wood using a small boy sitting on the ground as a wicket beating their old imperial Masters who learned on the Hallowed grounds around England that Green and Pleasant land .Gentlemen Clad in Cricket Whites stout strong Cricket boots and shinpads .Indian commentators waxing lyrical about the majesty of the Indian Play and not a British accent complaining about bad umpiring or ball tampering in defence of the three Lions .1.2 billion supporters from the sub continent cheering their heroes and Duncan and Nigel back in blighty rueing the Day Freddy Flintoff took up driving cars or Beefy Botham starter walking for pleasure .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 03:30:02 pm »
Like the way Kilkenny do be beating Dublin with the hurley sticks all the time?

To be fair, Root survived a definite LBW. 3rd Umpire with all the tech gave impact as Umpire's Call. Complete bollox, impact was clearly in line, you could see the full off stump from the camera looking straight down the wicket and he (3rd Umpire) even gave the wicket as hitting... the video simulation showed it hitting middle and off so how the fuck could impact be anything other than hitting less than half a yard out?

john m

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 03:36:54 pm »
Like the way Kilkenny do be beating Dublin with the hurley sticks all the time?

To be fair, Root survived a definite LBW. 3rd Umpire with all the tech gave impact as Umpire's Call. Complete bollox, impact was clearly in line, you could see the full off stump from the camera looking straight down the wicket and he (3rd Umpire) even gave the wicket as hitting... the video simulation showed it hitting middle and off so how the fuck could impact be anything other than hitting less than half a yard out?

Its a dead test apart from you and me how many others give either of their fucks .Even the train scutters are not interested .Umpires are probably on a few hundred Rupees to give the right decision for the bookies .

john m

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 03:44:10 pm »
I remember one time before the fever meself and Big Dommo drinking porter in town and the Place was full of Kilkenny and Waterford hurling types in coloured ganzees going to Croaker .Dommo says .Ah would you look at them thinking that hurling is an Irish Game it has its origins with the Brits and Cricket .Did you ever notice all the hurling Counties is where the good farmland is where the Brits took over .Hurling evolved from Cricket from those Days .I slurped another drop out of me Pint and after giving big Dommos words the serious consideration required I said Jasus your Right I never heard of a Hurler from that stoney wasteland Donegal .Big Dommo leant back in his chair and just nodded knowing I had learned another thing that I didnt know I needed to know .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 12:27:05 pm »
Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse... along came the third test. I doubt even the most die hard fanatics will be enthused at the prospect of the final test after that farce...

Show Unread Posts