Author Topic: Elon Musk Comes To Kerry  (Read 789 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Elon Musk Comes To Kerry
« on: February 24, 2021, 06:12:17 pm »
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/tech-billionaire-elon-musk-picks-23551991

Tech billionaire Elon Musk picks remote location in Kerry to trial new global broadband scheme

Shrouded in secrecy, a strict non-disclosure agreement was reached between Starlink and the council in December

By Cillian O'Brien
16:53, 23 FEB 2021
NEWS

Tech billionaire Elon Musk has chosen a remote location in Kerry to trial a new global broadband scheme.

The SpaceX supremo selected the Black Valley in Co Kerry as the site for antennae which will link to his Starlink satellites to provide high-speed internet access.

Musk’s company approached the Department of Rural and Community Development late last year, which opened the way to direct negotiations between Starlink and Kerry County Council, according to the Irish Times.

Shrouded in secrecy, a strict non-disclosure agreement was reached between Starlink and the council in December.

The pilot project is likely to involve a single household in the area, where existing broadband is patchy.

A Kerry County Council spokesperson said: “We are at an early stage in exploring other means to bring modern telecommunications into the Valley to sustain the community, in what was the last place in Ireland to get both electricity and a phone service.

“One possibility is to use the offer of a pilot in the Spacelink Beta programme.

“The council would like to explore interim and alternative means, including new satellite services, to provide connectivity to homes and businesses who may have to wait up to six years to be connected to the National Broadband Plan being rolled out by National Broadband Ireland.”

Meanwhile, the mother of the eccentric billionaire says she thought her son was a genius at three-years-old and believes he’s the “only man to make it to Mars.”

Model and dietician Maye Musk, 72, revealed how she helped her son with his early business ambitions and encouraged him to take PayPal international.

The SpaceX supremo is now among the richest people in the world and also heads electric car company Tesla.

Mum-of-three Maye told Today FM’s Dermot and Dave: “From three I thought he was a genius but then at 12 he designed an internet game called Blastar.

“I said to Elon, ‘just submit it to a magazine and see if they like it.’

“They printed it and they sent him 500 grand but I don’t think they knew he was only 12.

“Even from there he was always brilliant, but brilliance can be somebody in your basement doing brilliant things and not applying it.

“However, he was very determined to do well. Kimbal and Tosca have the same determination.

“Elon really thought much bigger than you can imagine.”

Musk also owns a private space company as the billionaire aims to contribute to the creation of a city on Mars (Image: REUTERS)
Early in his career, Maye invested her only savings in software company Zip2 which Elon and his brother Kimbal founded in the 1990s.

The sale of the business again saw Elon pocket tens of millions of dollars.

Maye said: “That did well, that bought me a nice apartment when they sold it.

“Then it was PayPal. He just thought the bank system needed a change.

“After we sold the first company Zip2 I said ‘first thing we do is get my mom and sister out of South Africa’ because they were the only family members there.

“So they came to Canada, but I wanted to send them some money, so I said, ‘You’ve got to make PayPal go to Canada as well’ so I like to say I am the one who made it go international.”

Elon made a $100 million fortune from the sale of the online payments business to eBay.

Maye added: “Paypal was sold and then Elon asked, ‘should I do rockets or electric cars or solar?’

“And I said just choose one you’ve been working so hard. He doesn’t listen to me obviously.”

Maye is grandmother to Elon’s son, the uniquely named X Æ A-12, who he shares with his partner, Canadian musician Grimes.

She said the name was pronounced “X” and it was “appropriate for them (Elon and Grimes).”

Covergirl Maye has appeared on numerous billboards in Times Square in her 60s.

She has recently launched a new memoir, A Woman Makes a Plan: Advice for a Lifetime of Adventure, Beauty and Success.

Maye said: “If your life is not wonderful or if you are not enjoying every day you need to make a plan to change.

“It doesn’t occur to people that they will stay in their rut, because they don’t know what is on the other side.

“You have to take that chance; you will stumble and you will have a hard time.

“But you just have to plough through it. You just have to keep going.”

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: Elon Musk Comes To Kerry
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 06:19:25 pm »
gangster.

Offline silverbullet

Re: Elon Musk Comes To Kerry
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 06:30:39 pm »
Tesla Healy Rae has a ring to it! 8)

Show Unread Posts