Author Topic: Driving a taxi and bankruptcy  (Read 6884 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Driving a taxi and bankruptcy
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 12:57:54 pm »
I started building a shed last October... haven't got the foundation laid yet!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 01:00:31 pm »
Of course DAFT would say that...they're a beneficiary of the current crisis,
Building houses is the only solution but with NAMA being the biggest landowner at present and not really working with developers but instead selling to investors/vulture funds who arn't building on that land....but instead we have a govt willing to chase down and tax people who might have a second home unless they release it for rental purposes,the so called rent control measures are a farce,landlords can circumvent them and push rents higher and higher...what happened to Coveneys plan...oh yeah,he's moved on to pastures new....Eoghan Murphy can put on a decent empathy face all the same!!

Even MFH couldn't hack it in D15...had to move back to the bosom of D7!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 01:05:28 pm »
I've just downsized by accident.Went from 1024 sq feet to 600 odd.Had plans to build extensions and all that fancy stuff but after a while ya realise ya don't need big houses to be happy..Just money.

Ah yes but you did it by choice.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 01:10:23 pm »
Of course DAFT would say that...they're a beneficiary of the current crisis,
Building houses is the only solution but with NAMA being the biggest landowner at present and not really working with developers but instead selling to investors/vulture funds who arn't building on that land....but instead we have a govt willing to chase down and tax people who might have a second home unless they release it for rental purposes,the so called rent control measures are a farce,landlords can circumvent them and push rents higher and higher...what happened to Coveneys plan...oh yeah,he's moved on to pastures new....Eoghan Murphy can put on a decent empathy face all the same!!

Even MFH couldn't hack it in D15...had to move back to the bosom of D7!

No he was shrewd. With they way that place is going it'll be the new Knightsbridge with a fabricated LUAS accent. Look, I ain't an economist so I'll leave it to yez.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 01:16:35 pm »
Location was by choice but downsizing wasn't on the cards until we realised the bigger gaff just allows ya to keep more shite.Think of how many families of ten and more grew up in 2 bed gaffs in Cabra and Crumlin.We've been spoiled in the last twenty years.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:21:47 pm by mercenary for hire »

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 01:24:09 pm »
Downsizing stops a bird from filling those unoccupied rooms. Cheaper than the obvious. Filipino one I have now is just happy with a massage and Game of Thrones. She came from nothing and I fully intend to make sure she gets it.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 01:26:50 pm »
Ha ha...off topic but I'm watching the practice Luas going pass the green rank and earlier spotted it in Broadstone it looks ready.I wouldn't be surprised if they opened it up early for Xmas.

Show Unread Posts