Author Topic: price this Ken  (Read 5326 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: price this Ken
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 11:08:25 am »
Probably knew someone who worked on the set, got it from the script writers/actors, etc. Maybe the €264 equated to the maximum amount Ladbrokes would take. I sent Mrs. Catcher to have a novelty type bet with them a while back (on foot of a tip from the erm) and they accepted a precise (not round figure) max stake. If he went to Ladbrokes first and, not being a punter, assumed they would take whatever he wanted to bet so put a grand on the counter of which they took €264 it'd explain approaching other firms with the same amount based on the assumption that they all work the same way.

Offline Belker

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 11:39:56 am »
We were the only firm betting on that particular market, but I get what your saying.

The other surprising thing about it is that Norris was still offered at 7/4 fer many weeks after and no further strange bets were reported, if he had his inside imfo why did he not call again fer a second bite of the Cherry @ 7/4 ?

My thinking today is that he did indeed know someone on the set and it was just pure Pot Luck that the tale unfolded on Christmas week.

The Gnome tale drunkenly unfolds at 3.55 in the above video.

john m

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 01:25:02 pm »
I got a bit of inside info or so I thought .The BBC sent a crew to film Johnny Wilkinson for Sports Personality of the year .He was then cut from 20/1 to 9/2 on foot of the film I managed to get a bit of 20s .He had just announced his retirement .what they were filming was a tribute he was not among the final 8 candidates .Ladbrokes would only take a tenner maximum on novelty markets Powers have me banned from political bets on my accounts .

Show Unread Posts