Author Topic: Most interesting picture.  (Read 22187 times)

Offline silverbullet

Re: Most interesting picture.
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2018, 11:35:07 pm »
I thought this was most interesting photo(unless there is an interesting story behind the picture) and not “do you not know who I am” person photo

So now you have to be told a story, is it your bedtime ?
Interesting story so SB
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sometimes Taxi Drivers are better off behind the wheel, rather than double jobbing.

As you probably know, Steve Collins was World Middleweight Champion.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Steve_Collins

I followed his career, along with that of Jim Rock's, and Bernard Dunne.

All Boxers study opponents to find out their weaknesses. It is second nature.

Some Taxi Drivers are not that smart . Like this one :

FORMER BOXING world champion Steve Collins was acquitted yesterday of assaulting a bouncer who refused to let him into the National Stadium.

The jury at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court took an hour and 35 minutes to return a unanimous verdict finding Mr Collins not guilty of assault causing harm to Adriatik Vodo at the National Stadium, South Circular Road, on June 3rd, 2006.

Judge Tony Hunt thanked the jurors for their care and attention and told them the service they provided was an invaluable one.

Earlier in the four-day trial Mr Collins told his counsel, Patrick Purcell, that Mr Vodo, an Albanian national, had “manhandled” him while refusing him re-entry to the stadium to finish RTÉ commentary on the Bernard Dunne versus Jim Rock boxing match.

Mr Collins said he was acting in self-defence. He had no formal accreditation to gain entry to the stadium but he had been employed by RTÉ to commentate on numerous fights at the venue. He had left the stadium to get some fresh air as it was “hot and sticky” inside but returned two minutes later to come back in using the same door.

He said he was “very relaxed and jolly” as he made his way back into the stadium but was then stopped by the doorman, Mr Vodo. “He stopped me and then put his hands on my chest and started to manhandle me and pushed me away,” Mr Collins said.

“I explained to him that I was working for RTÉ and other people around me were telling him who I was and to let me in.”

He told Mr Purcell that the doorman appeared aggressive despite RTÉ co-commentator Mick Dowell explaining who he was.(sic) Dowling.

“The bouncer started holding me and pushing me and pushed me about a metre outside the door.

“I then realised he was not listening to me and he was getting out of hand,” Mr Collins explained. He said Gavin Blanchfield, head of security, arrived and told Mr Vodo to let him into the stadium.

He said Mr Vodo became more aggressive. “He then thumped me in the chest with force and then I realised he lost it and I felt it was a dangerous situation as Mr Vodo seemed deaf to instruction and was looking at me with anger,” Mr Collins said.

“He then went to grab my shirt and my initial reaction was to break away his grip with my left arm. I brought my left hand up with force to break him away from me and I made contact with his mouth,” he said.

He said he then drove to Blanchardstown to where his mother was living, changed his shirt as there was blood on it, and returned to the stadium.

He drove his hired silver Volkswagen car to his “regular spot” near the exit gateway of the stadium and walked to the nearest entrance to regain entry.

“I was confronted by Mr Vodo again and I went ‘Oh no’, and he proceeded to call his boss.”

Sean Jordan, Mr Vodo’s employer, arrived at the door and told Mr Vodo and Mr Collins to “shake hands and forget about it”, which Mr Collins said he was fine about.

He denied under cross-examination by prosecution counsel Patrick McGrath that he had used bad language and acted like “a caged animal” after he was refused re-entry.

He also denied that his “pride was injured”, but admitted he “wasn’t happy” that he wasn’t allowed back into the stadium.

Mr Vodo was recalled to the witness box on the third day of the trial after Mr Collins alleged under cross-examination that the doorman and his former employer were in a money-making conspiracy.

Mr Vodo told Mr McGrath that he never sought any money from Mr Collins and denied agreeing to change his evidence.

Mr Vodo said he was “surprised” to hear there had been an attempt by his former security boss, Mr Jordan, to “settle the case out of court”.

“I don’t know anything about money and I did not know anything about Mr Jordan trying to resolve things,” said Mr Vodo.

Mr Jordan, head of security at the National Stadium, was also recalled as a witness and denied being in a conspiracy with Mr Vodo to blackmail Mr Collins, but admitted he did attempt to “settle expenses without having to go to court”.

COLLINS STATEMENT 'A HAPPY MAN'

STEVE COLLINS said the result has brought him “great relief as the past four years have been very stressful”.

Speaking outside the court after the verdict, he said: “My character had been assassinated and a picture painted of me was untrue. I am extremely relieved for my mother, my wife and my children.

“I haven’t slept for the past four nights and I’ve been quite emotional.”

Mr Collins said he has “absolutely no regrets” over defending himself against Adriatik Vodo, and said his reaction was “instant and one of self-defence and a very, very limited one at that . . . I have a very disciplined reaction of self-defence and everyone has the right to defend themselves.”

He would not comment on the allegations he made during the trial that Mr Vodo and Sean Jordan were in a conspiracy to blackmail him for money. “I want to park that for the time being,” he said.

Mr Collins thanked his legal team, Patrick Purcell and solicitor Liam Keane and Colm O’Doherty, for “taking the case and accepting my version of events and standing by me”.

He also thanked the jury whom he said “listened with great interest and even until the last minute were still asking the judge questions”.

“I am glad it is all over and I am glad the jury came to their decision which I know is the right decision.

“I am a happy man and the verdict has reassured my belief in the legal system.” 8)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:47:45 pm by silverbullet »

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 04:23:58 am »
Who's that with Meleady?
Seen what ya did there!
Caring for the elderly?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 06:40:13 am »
He wasn't driving a taxi in 2006 though so at the time wasn't a double jobber and at the moment you don't know if he still works as a security guard.

Steve had no credentials on him to enter the stadium so was rightly stopped by the doorman/bouncer. And as I said he had the "Do you not know who I am attitide" "I work for RTE" blah blah blah.
If that was just an ordinary Joe Bloggs would he have been found 'NOT GUILTY'

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2018, 11:57:28 am »
I bet he owns the suit he's wearing. I remember bringing a rental suit to him (Collins, not Meleady) in the Burlington when he was a younger man and I was working for City Cabs. What was unusual was that despite being a celebrity he had to pay cash (well, he directed me to one of his entourage for that) which I had to bring back to Black Tie in Fairview.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 05:26:25 pm »
He wasn't driving a taxi in 2006 though so at the time wasn't a double jobber and at the moment you don't know if he still works as a security guard.

Steve had no credentials on him to enter the stadium so was rightly stopped by the doorman/bouncer. And as I said he had the "Do you not know who I am attitide" "I work for RTE" blah blah blah.
He owned a couple of cars, and is on the road longer than you.
But never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
FOR, he's still driving.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2018, 05:28:06 pm »

FOR, he's still driving.
I had my licence before him so he couldn't be on the road before me. But don't let get in the way of your "interesting picture"

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 05:33:11 pm »

Doesnt recognise a World Boxing Champion? At a boxing match ? At a boxing Stadium ? Explains why he is now driving a Taxi.  Steve was found not guilty BTW.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 05:35:40 pm »

Doesnt recognise a World Boxing Champion? At a boxing match ? At a boxing Stadium ? Explains why he is now driving a Taxi.  Steve was found not guilty BTW.
So were the lads in Belfast, doesn't mean they didn't do it.

Also Barry Burns has no convictions but was prosecuted for selling Cocaine from his car and going the long route from the airport and over charging.

It wasn't that he didn't recognise Steve, He had no credentials to access the area. I know someone who was there.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 05:38:57 pm »
If you ever " Take Silk" remind me NOT to hire you.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2018, 01:20:17 pm »
Being Irish by accident of birth seems to be a considerable advantage in a court room. Clearly a case of "do you know who I am" - "sorry sir, I can't help you with that but you'll probably remember when you sober up".

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2018, 12:46:49 am »

So were the lads in Belfast, doesn't mean they didn't do it.

Also Barry Burns has no convictions but was prosecuted for selling Cocaine from his car and going the long route from the airport and over charging.

It wasn't that he didn't recognise Steve, He had no credentials to access the area. I know someone who was there.
Hopefully they weren't asked to speak up.

JUDGE to DEFENDANT : A Jury of your Peers has found you not guilty of possession of stolen goods, you are free to leave.

BARRISTER for the DEFENCE VIKKIZ SIHSAE B.L. : JUDGE, Does that mean my Client can keep the Contraband ? 8)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2018, 11:01:47 am »
One of the TTnH men had to donate €1,000 of his drug dealing profits to charity to avoid a criminal conviction so in the scenario above the defendant may, in fact, only be allowed keep 96% of the contraband... unless he's an immigrant in which case he would have been found guilty, imprisoned and deported on his release.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2018, 04:08:05 pm »
I bet he owns the suit he's wearing. I remember bringing a rental suit to him (Collins, not Meleady) in the Burlington when he was a younger man and I was working for City Cabs. What was unusual was that despite being a celebrity he had to pay cash (well, he directed me to one of his entourage for that) which I had to bring back to Black Tie in Fairview.
Did it again! Lol

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2018, 12:39:26 am »

FOR, he's still driving.
I had my licence before him so he couldn't be on the road before me. But don't let get in the way of your "interesting picture"

RC is a J Badge, he was driving before you. If you lost your  licence or were banned, you didn't get to keep your old number.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2018, 12:41:09 am »
Moon:

Show Unread Posts