Author Topic: Jim Waldron Calls For Lower Entry Costs  (Read 5606 times)

Offline Belker

Re: Jim Waldron Calls For Lower Entry Costs
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2018, 06:53:08 am »
The NTA has a Taxi recruitment drive on the go, fer at the moment WAV's only (with grants),
if they don't get the required amount of new drivers in, then they will have to come up with a
new idea and that new idea just might be the abolishment of the moratorium on saloon plates.

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2018, 07:03:44 am »
Ifs its WAVS only,how is lifting the moritorium on saloons going to get them what they want ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 07:09:13 am »
Because drivers want saloons and not wheelies.

dalymount

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 08:20:28 am »
Yeah but the NTA dont

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 09:27:28 am »
Supply and Demand !
If the NTA don't get what they want (as in required amount of new drivers)
then they might change the rules !

dalymount

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 09:38:04 am »
belker
did you ever come across an auld mate of mine i have not seen in years, jimmy Crowley. a trad musician, and ballad singer. we played some music together in milltown malbay, at the Willie clancy festival years ago.jimmy was with a group called stokers lodge. he came from the north side of the city a place called Grognabrougher .i know im not spelling it right, but i hope you know where im talking about

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 12:30:24 am »
belker
did you ever come across an auld mate of mine i have not seen in years, jimmy Crowley. a trad musician, and ballad singer. we played some music together in milltown malbay, at the Willie clancy festival years ago.jimmy was with a group called stokers lodge. he came from the north side of the city a place called Grognabrougher .i know im not spelling it right, but i hope you know where im talking about
Here ya go Paul : https://www.facebook.com/Jimmy-Crowley-161723507225228/

Offline Belker

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 10:40:19 am »
belker

It's 'Gurranabraher' or better known as 'Grawn', it would be on what's known as the under-privaliged north-side of the city, as I often posted about Grawn and referencing other more cosmopolitan cities; "If ya fell over in London or New York or God forbid Mumbai then 10 people would walk over you, if ya fell over in Grawn then 10 pairs of hands would be there ta help ya up !".
I have never met Jimmy Crowley but I have heard much of him, he is indeed a local legend down here in Cork.

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 01:12:24 pm »
Jimmy used to tell me the stories about General Tom Barry,and all that happened in Kilmichael

Show Unread Posts