Author Topic: Insurance shafting  (Read 19311 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Insurance shafting
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 08:47:20 pm »
If the chap I hit wasn't so sound he could easily have put in a whip lash claim and put his bumper damage through my insurance.The insurance would most likely pay out without any questions.Even though it was low speed.

Because I dropped the NCB protection my policy could bounce up to 7k from 1400.Dunno about yous but 7k means I'm walking(running)away from this job.

I know they eventually charge ya more to recoup any claim but it's the huge premium jump we can't afford to take when the NCB is gone.

I chose not to tell the insurance because it would have stopped me shopping around.Don't think it's illegal as they'll screw me anyway.

As for safest procedure....if you hit someone and you know you fukked up just admit it and don't annoy the other chap and offer cash.He joked if I was black and rude he would have not been so reasonable.Pays to be nice I suppose.
If sumone hit you mercenary an they fuked up you could say yea ya take cash an then they deny it later unless ya caught it in yer camara...... I suppose yud have read the person best ya can but nowadays there's alot dishonesty to say the least.....
Do ya get the cops and then agree to cash?  Seems safer but
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 11:28:25 pm »
Even if the cops arrive it means nothing.They could watch you hand over 10k and the other party could still claim off ya within three years.You just have to try and trust people.Not a solid strategy.

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 11:52:48 pm »
Fair play to ya  Merc for being trusting and being so Zen about it.  I would have been trusting in a situation like that. But it never would even occurred to me to take cash off someone and still claim off their insurance..now  I don't think I'd be quite so trusting!
Six legs good, four legs bad!

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 09:40:08 am »
I suppose the only good news is not many would know about the 3 year thing.

john m

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 10:01:49 am »
Whats the story with Insurance and Brexit Alliance and Axa are UK registered insurers .If the Brits leave the EU will they be allowed write insurance in Europe if they dont do a deal on Financial Services .Will all Irish motor insurance go through the roof with less companies offering cover .

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 01:10:33 pm »
Earlier in the thread Erm mentioned a cyclist claiming off a driver's policy even though no contact was made...

I dropped a lady off in one of them gaffs opposite RTE near the pedestrian bridge.She was telling me about a another driver who stopped on the cycle path to allow her to exit.When the door opens a cyclist had to swerve and bounced into one of the trees.She didn't appear badly injured on the day but she got 75k in court and managed to claim off the homeowner somehow.Apparently that female cyclist is a serial compensation seeker so be careful lads..she has claimed off other motorists in similar situations.The lady who owns the gaff is still looking for the taxi driver.He just went off about his business didn't think it concerned him.As we all would.There was no contact with the taxi.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2018, 05:33:21 pm »
I wouldn't be too concerned about NCD protection, MfH. I think most policies have NCD rollback as standard i.e. your NCD is reduced by a couple of years rather than being lost completely if you have one relevant collision during the period of insurance. Furthermore, in practice they all invariably negate any theoretical advantage accruing through NCD protection by loading the premium. If you read the small print they make that quite clear.

dalymount

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2018, 01:07:10 pm »
My insurance was 5000,2years ago,and 5000 last year last year also. The reason for this was,I was insured by Kenco,through first ireland.now as a lot of you know, kenco left the taxi market in Ireland in2015,but still had a legal obligation to quote me upon renewal.their quote for each of the 2 years I mensioned was 5000.I had to take these quotes for these 2 years because I had 6 penalty points, and none of the others would quote me.so watch the points as well, it c an cause problems

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2018, 04:14:50 pm »
Well if ye all slowed the fuck down and breaking the law yiz wouldn't have any points (like moi [touches wood]) and your insurance wouldn't be so high

Offline Tony

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2018, 05:04:28 pm »
Well if ye all slowed the fuck down and breaking the law yiz wouldn't have any points (like moi [touches wood]) and your insurance wouldn't be so high

I agree 100% with ya
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Belker

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2018, 07:08:58 pm »
On the 30th June this year I might just go out early fer a few tipples,
later that night I expect to be arrested and charged with being
Drunk and Disorderly, Source of Danger, Etc. on the streets of Cork.

After I have been arrested and imprisoned in the Bridewell, the Gardai
may well scratch their heads and wonder; 'What de Fook is yer-man-o
in the holding cell singing about ?".

"FOOK 'EM ALL !  FOOK 'EM ALL !  I'VE NO PENALTY POINTS AT ALL !!".

lol

Offline Belker

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2018, 07:18:12 pm »
If the chap I hit wasn't so sound he could easily have put in a whip lash claim and put his bumper damage through my insurance.The insurance would most likely pay out without any questions.Even though it was low speed.

Because I dropped the NCB protection my policy could bounce up to 7k from 1400.Dunno about yous but 7k means I'm walking(running)away from this job.

I know they eventually charge ya more to recoup any claim but it's the huge premium jump we can't afford to take when the NCB is gone.

I chose not to tell the insurance because it would have stopped me shopping around.Don't think it's illegal as they'll screw me anyway.

As for safest procedure....if you hit someone and you know you fukked up just admit it and don't annoy the other chap and offer cash.He joked if I was black and rude he would have not been so reasonable.Pays to be nice I suppose.

You Dodged a Bullet MFH and Good fer you, I'm well pleased fer you.
Ya had a birra Good Karma on your side on the day !

dalymount

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2018, 07:53:11 pm »
Well you can say what you like,but I believe like the vast majority of motorists that these speed vans are nothing more then a money making racket

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2018, 08:00:22 pm »
i reckon the vast majority of motorists would have that opinion as well, until they are speeding and eventually run over a child some day.

dalymount

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2018, 08:20:11 pm »
These vans are placed in locations where there is no history of accidents,and also where the speed limits suddently drop fron 80k to 60 k all these factors confirm my,and most other motorists suspections that this is a money making racket operated by scumbags

Show Unread Posts