Author Topic: Cork taxi traffic, ED SHEERAN PAIRC UI CHAOIMH.  (Read 15987 times)

Offline Jack Meoff

Re: Cork taxi traffic, ED SHEERAN PAIRC UI CHAOIMH.
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 06:30:05 pm »
Think I'll work Cork this weekend with mytaxi lol

You will be ringing the trummer bell at least twice.

Offline Belker

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 07:15:46 am »
The rickshaws are allowed to ferry them down from the Albert rd drop off down center Park rd, so not too bad... they’re bringing down the 7up sponsored rickshaws from the north too, so should be able to meet demand.
There is only about 3 or 4 rickshaws working Cork city these nights since the big round-up last January.
What's the story with the North's 7-up rickshaws ?

Personally I will be bringing all my customers to Lapps quay to get the Shuttle service to the Marquee entrance.
I was taking the piss about the rickshaws... I was expecting outrage...  oops
I reckon you are actually correct Korky, rickshaws as cyclists will most likely be allowed to use the Center park road/Monaghan road loop.

Offline Belker

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 07:19:24 am »
Think I'll work Cork this weekend with mytaxi lol

There be a free couch here fer ya if'n ya need it !

Offline Belker

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 07:26:56 am »
Customer...“Hi driver, Kinsale please “
Belker ... “Only dropping at Lapp’s Quay today”

With all the Garda Taxi restrictions in place, I'm only half interested in working the concerts.
Any job that I get anywhere I will take.
I have heard from a few drivers that they are not bothering with the concert and are going
to work the 'Kinsale 7's' down south in Kinsale.

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 07:59:54 am »
Ger O Keeffe, Cork taxi driver was on Red FM (2/5/2018 Podcast from 1.39.18 to 1.44.06) having his rant about the disallowance of Taxies along the Center park road/Monaghan road loop, the same as the shuttle bus is allowed to travel.

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/episode/2nd-may-20181/?autoplay=1

I agree with him in full, but unfortunately his language 'On air' was foul and his knowledge of the road network was lacking in the extreme.

What he called 'Victoria Avenue' should have read as 'Victoria road'.

The Taxi drop-off point on Victoria road by the Topaz station/roundabout was also incorrect, the drop-off point is by Marina walk which is across the road from Goldburg's pub and he also omitted the other Taxi drop-off point by Pairc Ui Rinn.

When he referred to going in along 'Monaghan road', it should have been along 'Centre park road'.

In short I totally agree with him, I just wish he had done a birra homework before he went 'On air'.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:18:19 am by Belker »

Offline Belker

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 08:14:03 am »
I see all the MyTaxi pre-books lining up already fer Friday afternoon looking to go to Pairc Ui Chaoimh fer the concert.
I don't reckon that any of them know that Taxies are only allowed to drop 2km away from the venue.

They should be getting the Taxi to bring them to Lapp's quay where the shuttle bus will bring them to within 100 meters of the venue.

Offline Korky

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 08:36:52 am »
I see all the MyTaxi pre-books lining up already fer Friday afternoon looking to go to Pairc Ui Chaoimh fer the concert.
I don't reckon that any of them know that Taxies are only allowed to drop 2km away from the venue.

They should be getting the Taxi to bring them to Lapp's quay where the shuttle bus will bring them to within 100 meters of the venue.

No sane driver is going to take any of those prebooks... my taxi should turn off cork prebooks in the area from 4pm until midnight.

Offline Belker

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2018, 10:11:28 am »
Hopefully MyTaxi are looking in here and might inform there Cork customers going to the concert to book a MyTaxi to Lapp's quay fer the shuttle bus rather than Pairc Ui Chaoimh where the Taxies are not allowed to drop to.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2018, 12:48:32 pm »
Why do you give a fuck where you leave them? In - Money - Out.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2018, 04:20:50 pm »
The truth about Sheeran :
https://youtu.be/EY39fkmqKBM 8)

Offline Korky

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2018, 07:35:39 pm »
Well that’s me turning off mytaxi for the weekend, that stupid pop up telling me that they’ll pay €16 min fare on bookings this weekend is doing my head in... I’ll try again on Monday

Offline Korky

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2018, 08:23:31 am »
Well that’s me turning off mytaxi for the weekend, that stupid pop up telling me that they’ll pay €16 min fare on bookings this weekend is doing my head in... I’ll try again on Monday

Nice... they’ve removed the pop up.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 09:18:15 am »
Well was it a bumper night ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018, 10:50:55 am »
I had a quiet night in. I was "out out" on Thursday night so needed a rest.

Offline Belker

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 09:45:50 am »

ALL the after concert pre-book offers fer areas which Taxies were not allowed to go to all disappeared off the screen later in the evening.

Show Unread Posts