Author Topic: Summer Time  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Summer Time
« on: June 27, 2018, 04:20:55 pm »
Ireland -vs- India T20, live from Malahide on Sky Sports Cricket.

Coat yourself with factor 50, tilt your TV towards the patio, grab a few cold ones from the fridge, some cucumber sandwiches and strawberries with cream... pure bliss!

john m

Re: Summer Time
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 05:03:49 pm »
Got Flagons sitting in the Gardenwith the telly on watching the Mighty Korea humiliate the Germans .You should of rang we could of gone Malahide is sowonderfull in the Sun .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 05:28:13 pm »
Was planning to go Friday but left it too late to buy the tickets... sold out, believe it or not!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 06:07:43 pm »
Sky Sports Cricket switched to England (captained by our own Eoin Morgan) -vs- Australia. Continued coverage of Irish game via red button or Sky Sports Mix, also live on Sony Six (India, ch 7968 on my IPTV).

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 01:04:06 pm »
2nd T20 today, again live on Sky Sports Cricket (3:50 p.m.) and Sony Six (India). Have to admit that I'm more than a bit pissed off at having to watch on TV. I really wanted to watch on the big screen at the ground but I never expected such an apparently one sided fixture to sell out with the huge temporary grandstand still in situ. Even with the momentum of playing our first ever test match last month one has to (however reluctantly) congratulate Cricket Ireland on it's promotion of the game. India had huge support on Wednesday, testament to our modern multi-cultured society, I guess.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 03:44:02 pm »
i believe they are not gonna make the stand at malahide a permanent fixture, they're moving it out to abbotstown?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 06:13:28 am »
Fairly hammered they were but big oaks from little acorns do grow.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 11:50:20 am »
The plan is to develop a "state of the art" ground at Abbotstown so the grandstand at Malahide will be removed. I guess one can't argue with "state of the art" facilities but Abbotstown will never offer visitors the taste of Ireland available at locations such as Malahide, Clontarf, Stormont, etc... Cricket isn't all about cricket!

We were well beaten alright, LL. However, there must be some positives to take from the experience. IDA and others used the occasion to promote Ireland to the Indian TV audience and cement relations between the countries well beyond the field of play. Anywaysanall, Eoin Morgan will sort dem injuns out for us next week!

john m

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 05:45:48 pm »
Summertime just watching an overweight Coloured Girlplaying tennis .Hard to believe somebody her size can run around for a few hours .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 07:29:14 pm »
Summertime just watching an overweight Coloured Girlplaying tennis .Hard to believe somebody her size can run around for a few hours .
Coloured with what?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 09:36:37 pm »
Could have been you John..... being overweight and all that.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 10:25:59 am »

Be careful John....she takes everyone to court...even her aulfella. Baby-fat takes ages to shift it seems......... rofl

Show Unread Posts