Author Topic: UK GOLD  (Read 21092 times)

Offline Belker

Re: UK GOLD
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 09:24:43 pm »
.....I think we had RTE Relays up above in Dublin in '78, Ken. Six channels in total IIRC, well more if you take account of the fact that UTV often switched to HTV  and BBC NI to BBC Wales for no particular reason. I remember my uncle watching the cricket on a visit from the mainland when it just switched to something else. Even being before the days of remote controls he took some convincing that nobody had touched the set.

We only had RTE 1 up till 1978 and then RTE 2 also till the mid to late Eighties (and No remote control either).
Then Cork multi channel came along and every Mog in the city tapped in to the exposed lines to get the service fer free.
Then Multichannel changed to a analog box system;

and of course every mog in the city had their box 'Doctored' to also recieve all the premium channels fer free.

Offline Belker

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 09:38:05 pm »
Cablelink were the one installing in our area(Finglas)back in the 70's....remember looking at this.

This is the one I remember from my young childhood in the late 60' in London.
Ya would come downstairs early in the morning and had to wait fer the TV programs to start.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 09:47:47 pm »
Sure when we got the satellite installed sometime in the 90s, me father was taken out of the room and the installer told him something. Needless to say that from that day forward the tv had to be off by midnight, even if we were watching a film and it was nearly over, the tv went off at midnight.

I found out a few weeks later when they were off out for the night. Let’s just say I had a very happy 10 minutes as a young teenager  lol lol

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 10:38:08 pm »
Sure when we got the satellite installed sometime in the 90s, me father was taken out of the room and the installer told him something. Needless to say that from that day forward the tv had to be off by midnight, even if we were watching a film and it was nearly over, the tv went off at midnight.

I found out a few weeks later when they were off out for the night. Let’s just say I had a very happy 10 minutes as a young teenager  lol lol

Ye tried on yer ma's knickers?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2018, 10:47:44 pm »
Ye tried on yer ma's knickers?
Ya obviously never experienced the free view that came on at midnight,

I remember working in the pub one night and they forgot to change the channel, well the ould fuckers in the bar nearly keeled over with the shock of your one on the TV  rofl rofl rofl

john m

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2018, 10:48:47 pm »
If telly is your thing watch Boy George Who do You Think You Are .A man Proud of his past a really tuned in individual .I watched and learned a great respect for him .No bitterness just Pride in who he is .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2018, 11:55:57 pm »
If telly is your thing watch Boy George Who do You Think You Are .A man Proud of his past a really tuned in individual .I watched and learned a great respect for him .No bitterness just Pride in who he is .

I'm sure the fukker he handcuffed to a radiator might have a differing opinion!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2018, 12:25:06 am »

'Boy George' the fella that called the cops because a few individuals got rowdy at his drink and drugs party,
when the cops arrived they arrested him fer possession of an illegal substance, (IE. Cocaine).
How Fookin Stoopid do you need to be !!

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2018, 12:36:31 am »
Don't look have a telly.... No wonder yizall fat fuks..... Throw it out the window Keith moon style an get a hobby.....
Took up painting today..... Fukin shite at it but it beats watchin jeoromy kyle......
Wat ya tink me first paintin?

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2018, 12:41:21 am »
Irelands eye from burrow beach.....the heat today was shite.
Had a lovely day van Goch style.... Fuk work... Exploring me artistic side..... Then load pints after an talkin shite....
Life is good...

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2018, 12:44:56 am »
Don't look have a telly.... No wonder yizall fat fuks..... Throw it out the window Keith moon style an get a hobby.....
Took up painting today..... Fukin shite at it but it beats watchin jeoromy kyle......

It's like watchin paint dry!!

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2018, 01:05:28 am »
Have to explore life beyond pukers an drunks Shallowhal .. The telly is a killer...
Has to be more to life?

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2018, 02:53:32 am »
not bad at all octy.
i love watching bob ross painting on YouTube after a shift with a cuppa cha.
check out his stuff. It's rapid.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2018, 03:02:35 am »
We called it " The Pipe"
A notorious car renter used to bypass it...for cash in hand.

It was generally known as the pipe i.e. piped TV. I doubt it was difficult to wire yourself up. Tech was a lot simpler back then. I remember seeing a lad bring a phone into a phone box and attach it to the (already tampered with) line with crocodile clips!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2018, 03:04:45 am »

I'd nearly buy you a telly.

Show Unread Posts