Author Topic: Luas driving taxi driver sacked  (Read 23490 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Luas driving taxi driver sacked
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2018, 11:35:29 am »
the solvency directive 2 from brussels is the reason why insurance ballooned up.
insurance companies were ordered to build up huge cash reserves to prevent the need for them to be bailed out in the future. essentially a license to double or triple the profits they were already making with the stroke of a pen.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvency_II_Directive_2009

Clued in.

Offline SClass

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2018, 02:00:46 pm »
There does be a hugely snigificant increase in the number of taxis at the weekend ,I suspect a lot of this also has to do with drivers coming from the country (in some cases illegally) to operate in Dublin,as well as the double jobbers

No one knows how many Taxi's work Dublin at any time, The area stickers are a load of bollix, renters have multiple stickers on the roofies,
It's just a free for all,

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2018, 03:08:58 pm »
Better to have 'em working a few hours per week than 50 or 60. Now that there's a perceived shortage of taxis (fuelled by "drivers" unions and dispatch firms) there's less idle plates.

dalymount

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2018, 03:18:27 pm »
I don't know how anyone could make out there is a shortage of taxis ,just let them take a look at Dublin city centre any Friday,or Saturday night many a time I just felt like going home,in total frustration at the amount of taxis,and once or twice I did.i suppose they are saying the same thing about me though

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2018, 03:28:15 pm »
So, it'd be better if more where driving Luaeyes instead of clogging the unofficial ranks...

dalymount

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2018, 03:45:15 pm »
Yip

john m

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2018, 01:12:13 am »
More info for you Dollymount .Ferage and his mob are financing the new Party .His official Spokesman in the European Parliament is the Organiser .Farage trying to Fuck up Ireland to get the Brits off the Hook over the Border .

Offline Belker

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2018, 04:58:09 am »
In speaking of Double-jobbing, I had this lovely very pleasant girl in the cab last week, she asked to be brought to a lap dancing club in the city, she was unusually chatty fer a lap dancer and she told me that she just does this fer pocket money and spends, but it was her daytime job that paid all her bills.... in AN POST !!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 05:09:33 am by Belker »

Offline Belker

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 05:07:59 am »
In speaking of Double-jobbing, I had this lovely very pleasant girl in the cab last week, she asked to be brought to a lap dancing club in the city, she was unusually chatty fer a lap dancer and she told me that she just does this fer pocket money and spends, but it was her daytime job that paid all her bills.... in AN POST !!

FTR; Lap dancers get 50% of the take on a dance with no flat fee paid by the club,
and any extras that they can make in the private rooms are their own.

Offline Belker

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2018, 05:17:03 am »
The door decals never stopped the double jobbers like everyone thought they would at the time
I can't agree there DM, they may not have stopped them all but they did stop a good share,
personally the stickers don't bother me at all, I even have my Silver cab branded with MyTaxi
and that doesn't bother me either, when all is said and done; IT'S A TAXI !!

dalymount

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2018, 07:21:10 am »
Well they should be a problem for a FULL TIME driver,but I thought it would have put a lot of double jobbers off I don't know how anyone can possibly say there is a shortage of taxis in Dublin  particularly at the weekend,the number of taxis in Dublin is mind boggling.tgere are STILL far to many taxis,and those greedy fukking bastard radio companies seem to have the ear of the NTA I just don't know why indigenous drivers won't revolt against them for trying to get more drivers into the industry,and reduce the work even MORE.greedy bastards KEARNS,KELLY EBBS ,ETC

dalymount

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2018, 07:26:00 am »
John I'm very interested to hear Nigel is funding it I emailed his office some time ago congratulating him on his return.got a breif reply from him,just thanking me for my words of encouragement NV

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2018, 07:42:14 am »
Many students fund their studies by bedding down with a sugar-daddy for the 3 or 4 yrs...the money Mam and Dad gives them goes on hooch and snort.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2018, 09:11:56 am »
Well they should be a problem for a FULL TIME driver,but I thought it would have put a lot of double jobbers off I don't know how anyone can possibly say there is a shortage of taxis in Dublin  particularly at the weekend,the number of taxis in Dublin is mind boggling.tgere are STILL far to many taxis,and those greedy fukking bastard radio companies seem to have the ear of the NTA I just don't know why indigenous drivers won't revolt against them for trying to get more drivers into the industry,and reduce the work even MORE.greedy bastards KEARNS,KELLY EBBS ,ETC

I wonder why bonuses are paid to drivers exceeding certain quotas? Would it be invaluable ammunition in a future campaign to convince certain bodies of the need for more plates? Cynics might think so. Meanwhile, the "drive for 5" is on for the Dubs next yr.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2018, 09:49:39 am »
Drivers want to be able to screen their customers before accepting an app job.Any idiot can use Mytaxi with 10/15 pints onboard.Just because nobody is taking the app job doesn't mean there are no available taxis.

Since when should there be cabs everytime there's a big event on in the city.The typical day driver isn't gonna change shifts becasuse there are more sports fans in the city.Not our problem.Let them get home on the buses that brought them in.

Show Unread Posts