Author Topic: Gardai and Unpaid Taxi Fares  (Read 19669 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Gardai and Unpaid Taxi Fares
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2018, 06:31:47 am »
Imagine having to read all this shite if ya don't even drive a cab.No wonder the Indo is full of nonsense.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2018, 07:24:52 am »
It would appear that Jamie69 was referring to station bail in his last post :

Station Bail
When a Garda brings you into custody to a Garda station, the station may release you on bail either with or without sureties. The amount of money specified in the bail bond is set by the Garda in charge of the station. You must enter into a bond to appear before the District Court on a specific date.

Was sraering to think I was going mad with what people were saying but station bail is what I got and was told I would owe €150 if I failed to appear.I think because I was in custody I got charged straight away and given the court date. I know people get summons way later for road traffic stuff but they haven;t been arrested.

Someone asked so i had any contacy with the driver - no not since I was arrested and dont have his ame or number or anything.

Been told that th Garda is back in tomorrow so will try and catch him and want to apologize anyway

You've been told young man....engage a solicitor and let them make enquiries on your behalf. The couple of ton it costs might save you money down the line. Don't make things worse for yourself by going it alone.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2018, 09:26:27 am »
Weird the lad sounds genuine so we tried to help him .But if you read what he said he is a soldier and this is not his first brush with the law .I can tell you for certain that there are freelance Jurnos reading this blog they read most blogs looking for stories or leads .Most Jurnos are freelance I had a girl in the car who I picked up on Juries CC who asked me about drug dealing Rickies said she read about in on a taxi website (Roys ) asked me was it true .Any Jurno will tell you taxidrivers are probably the best sources for stories after hotel porters .

True. They won't listen to you or me as we're headers, John. If someone else posted it they might. ;D

Someone like "Harold", John.... rofl
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:22:25 pm by The Liffey Lip »

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2018, 10:37:23 am »
This lad is the best Fisherman since Tony stuck a line in the water .......... ::cheers

john m

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2018, 11:04:43 am »
Again why are yis still going on about this pox,
Advising him on how to get off on his unforgivable behaviour against a taxi driver, don't understand it.
Fuckim, let him take the Rap, His  type will repeat his drunken behaviour.
Just he was caught this time.
It's irrelevant if the driver was black or white,
It could easily have been one of us.
Hope the judge makes an example of him, and gives him a criminal conviction.

Ill explain it to you S as simply as I can Ill type slow .We suggest that the young man compensates the driver WHY because the judge might not he might just hit the kid with a ton fine and six months probation .The driver is down his fare ,his cleaning costs and possibly two shifts as he turns up in court .
 Remember what happened here a kid drank to much he probably got sick for which there is a sliding scale not a fixed penalty as taxi reps signed off on the abolition of the fixed penalty.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2018, 11:41:03 am »
This lad is the best Fisherman since Tony stuck a line in the water .......... ::cheers

Misspelled "date" again. Someone's off their librium here. Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.

Offline weird al wankovitch

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2018, 11:58:43 am »
Yeah, I noticed that. 2nd time would indicate it's deliberate.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2018, 12:01:09 pm »
Watson......elementary.........sorry Wanko, my pepper and carrot soup boiled over.                    Joe the Taxi man tells you..."All taximen in Dublin are liars and chancers". Do you believe him, considering you are in his taxi at the time?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:20:59 pm by The Liffey Lip »

Offline Belker

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2018, 05:05:48 am »
Yeah, I noticed that. 2nd time would indicate it's deliberate.

I noticed that too.

Also that the topic headline was near perfect
yet the opening post was littered with typo's.

Show Unread Posts