Author Topic: INSURANCE  (Read 62371 times)

Offline Vikkiz

Re: INSURANCE
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2019, 10:11:10 am »
Insurance FFS our kids mate started a courier business has two vans on the road He is 25 full licence for 5 years and NCB his brother is 23 full licence for 5 years and NCB two lwb vans open drive so both of them can drive either van 17,000 they were quoted .Insured them seperatly in their own named driver policies 4,200 for both .How the fuck do the insurance companies come to a quote .
My wife got her insurance cheaper by switching to open drive instead of having me(1 person) as a named driver

With who Vik?
She went through Chill, Ivernia is the name of the company in Ireland, but it’s a French insurance company, La Parisienne Assurances

Just reading it all now, I bet La Parisienne Assurances would not insure her directly from France as is supposed to be the case in the EU
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 10:52:39 am by Admin2 »

dalymount

« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2019, 10:44:12 am »
I remember some years ago,asking if I could I n sure my taxi with a norn iron company,,I cant remember what the answer was

john m

« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2019, 11:13:29 am »
The story with Irish Insurance is one of fraud .In the 70s The Insurance Corporation of Ireland run by Bank of Ireland insured everything and anything as they were underwritten by the State .They insured Ships .War Ships ,Nuclear Power Stations ,you name it they insured it as they had no Liability the State carried that .They went broke and we are still paying for that 50 years later with a levy on insurance .Then the FF government needed to win votes especially among Farmers and Ruraltypes so they set up the PMPA to sell cheap insurance to their voters ,they too went bust as they had no reserves the Government stepped in and imposed another levy then add in Quinn Direct ,Liberty and loads of others you never heard of all bailed out by the Government .Now the Government have bailed all insurers in to cover legacy issues the deal is they carry some of the liabilities but can overcharge customers to offset the risk .I spoke with a UK insurer who told me if they enter the Irish Market they automatically take on some of the legacy debt .If I remember right you must be insured in the country you live in for private motor insurance unless you travel regulary between states .In mainland Europe you can get insured in another euro state but the Irish Legacy issue means that all insurers issuing insurance in Ireland must be regulated by the Irish regulator .You might get insured in Europe and be insured to drive anywhere in Europe but if you are resident in Ireland and crash in Ireland you might not be covered .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2019, 02:43:40 pm »
I remember some years ago,asking if I could I n sure my taxi with a norn iron company,,I cant remember what the answer was

Is that you ermy?

Online watty

« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2019, 05:56:44 pm »
July 2017
Driver database at heart of major insurance probe after dawn raids  (Indo)

A database of clients and claims is at the centre of the probe into alleged cartel activity in the insurance industry, the Irish Independent has learned.  Regulators from the European Union led dawn raids on insurance bodies over alleged cartel activity.  Gardaí acted as observers, and officers from the competition watchdog were also involved in the early morning swoops.  The raids were prompted by allegations that motor insurers in this country are operating a cartel by price-fixing.

<snip>

It is understood a database with details about drivers and their claims history was the focus of the raids.  Officers from the European Competition Directorate headed up the operation, with a total of around 45 competition regulators involved.  The main raid was at the Dublin offices of Insurance Ireland, the representative body for the insurance sector.  Some insurance companies were also understood to have been raided, along with software companies that hold insurance industry databases.

<snip>

The focal point is a database operated by Insurance Ireland, which has been the subject of allegations in the past that new entrants to the market are unable to get access to it.  Known as Insurance Link, it contains the claims history of all drivers. Examining this is the only way to validate a driver's claims history.  Access to the database is essential for any company hoping to sell motor insurance here.  Insurance Ireland and Mr Thompson have consistently denied that it restricts use of the database, and stressed that access to databases is regulated by the Data Protection Commissioner.

Show Unread Posts