Author Topic: I think he's in a little bit of trouble.  (Read 63219 times)

Offline Tony

Re: I think he's in a little bit of trouble.
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2018, 03:21:21 am »
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline SClass

« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2018, 10:21:37 am »
Firstly a big welcome to all our new anonymous Cyclist Trolls on here.

After reading all 9 pages of that Tripe, the facts boil down to;

Cyclists dislike all other road users.

All other road users dislike Cyclists.

Personally as a night time Taxi driver, I do dislike late night cyclists as most often they cycle while under the influence and very seldom have any lighting turned on the bicycle, they cycle the wrong way on one-way streets and are a hazard to mainly themselves.

Cyclists need to realize that they are cycling a 10 LB Aluminium bike, while I'm in a protected Two Ton steel vehicle with impact bars, roll cage, safety belt and an airbag...... and they have a Helmet !

When the Crunch comes, there is going to be No Winners.
But most likely the road user will have his insurance premium hiked up fer 5 years
and the Cyclist will go to his Grave !
I drive 6 or 7 days a week.
I might cycle once every fortnight.
Drivers are thick as fuck in general.
Taxi drivers are even worse, worst drivers on the roads by far. Your post just sums up why people think taxi divers are braindead morons.

Yeah ,
But Jami  at least we switch on the lights on our cars in the pitch dark.

How moronic would it be if we drove around at night with no lights.

Offline Belker

« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2018, 11:13:02 am »
https://youtu.be/xSQdgoIkE84

John Wayne !! And the theme song from the classic "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" ??
Which John Wayne did Not play any role in !

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2018, 11:28:56 am »

John Wayne !! And the theme song from the classic "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" ??

....and he didn't shoot those cyclists either Ken.....so we can clear that up aswell!! :-\

Offline Belker

« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2018, 11:32:42 am »
Firstly a big welcome to all our new anonymous Cyclist Trolls on here.

After reading all 9 pages of that Tripe, the facts boil down to;

Cyclists dislike all other road users.

All other road users dislike Cyclists.

Personally as a night time Taxi driver, I do dislike late night cyclists as most often they cycle while under the influence and very seldom have any lighting turned on the bicycle, they cycle the wrong way on one-way streets and are a hazard to mainly themselves.

Cyclists need to realize that they are cycling a 10 LB Aluminium bike, while I'm in a protected Two Ton steel vehicle with impact bars, roll cage, safety belt and an airbag...... and they have a Helmet !

When the Crunch comes, there is going to be No Winners.
But most likely the road user will have his insurance premium hiked up fer 5 years
and the Cyclist will go to his Grave !
I drive 6 or 7 days a week.
I might cycle once every fortnight.
Drivers are thick as fuck in general.
Taxi drivers are even worse, worst drivers on the roads by far. Your post just sums up why people think taxi divers are braindead morons.
I dunno why your having a rant at me Jamie,
I'm just trying to educate and make ye cyclists aware as to the dangers on the road.
I might not be the smartest guy in the world but as a driver I have Zero penalty points

and 22 years of no claims insurance bonus.

Can you boast those figures Jamie ?

How ever I am smart enough to know to turn on my lights when driving at night
and to not operate my vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
I'm not a cyclist but back when I was I did recognise that a 10 LB bike was
no match fer a Two Ton car,  DOH !

Offline Belker

« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2018, 11:34:24 am »

....and he didn't shoot those cyclists either Ken.....so we can clear that up aswell!! :-\
Your after Wrecking me Buzz now Hal !!   lol

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2018, 11:41:27 am »

Your after Wrecking me Buzz now Hal !!   lol

You were ranting Ken.....you needed to be reined in!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2018, 06:27:33 pm »
Good points, JD78... welcome aboard.

Reiterates the need for enforcement of the rules of the road. (Taxi) Drivers have little regard for the same simply because they are not enforced. As suggested in a previous response (to the chap that thought the taxi was breaking the law by using the bus lane) there is a strong case for teaching the rules of the road in schools. There are folk who will never operate cars or bicycles (like our aforementioned learned friend) who ought to know the basics, if only to satisfy their apparent need to preach on tinternet.

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2018, 12:59:43 am »

Reiterates the need for enforcement of the rules of the road. (Taxi) Drivers have little regard for the same simply because they are not enforced. As suggested in a previous response (to the chap that thought the taxi was breaking the law by using the bus lane) there is a strong case for teaching the rules of the road in schools. There are folk who will never operate cars or bicycles (like our aforementioned learned friend) who ought to know the basics, if only to satisfy their apparent need to preach on tinternet.
Those were not good points! they were pointless self righteous rants with a few dumb  insults thrown in.
a sizable number  of cyclists have even less regard for the rules of the road than any other road users, simply because they are even less enforced  and nearly unenforceable for them and they know it . anybody who spends any time on the roads knows this!  their own worst enemies .
Six legs good, four legs bad!

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2018, 02:48:41 am »

Those were not good points! they were pointless self righteous rants with a few dumb  insults thrown in.
a sizable number  of cyclists have even less regard for the rules of the road than any other road users, simply because they are even less enforced  and nearly unenforceable for them and they know it . anybody who spends any time on the roads knows this!  their own worst enemies .
No Divvil, they really were good points. Herr Ratt has a satirical prose is all :D

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2018, 09:13:25 am »
Dangerous times we live in, indeed. Did the cyclist ring the police before or after uploading to Youtube?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2018, 07:41:37 pm »
They were good points, TDH... but, perhaps, not well made.

It would be folly to suggest that (taxi) drivers adhere to the rules of the road. You don't have to stray far from the GPO any night to witness countless taxis breaking the speed limit with impunity. mytaxi dispatches billions, no more than that millions, of jobs every day. The vast majority of those involve drivers interacting with their telephones while driving hence causing varying degrees of distraction relevant to driving without due care and attention.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2018, 09:02:28 pm »

It would be folly to suggest that (taxi) drivers adhere to the rules of the road. You don't have to stray far from the GPO any night to witness countless taxis breaking the speed limit with impunity. mytaxi dispatches billions, no more than that millions, of jobs every day. The vast majority of those involve drivers interacting with their telephones while driving hence causing varying degrees of distraction relevant to driving without due care and attention.
Stroke of luck that cab companies don't have clever phone connectivity..
Where do I sign?

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2018, 11:42:27 pm »

Nobody has suggested that drivers (taxis or others) all stick to the rules the road that's not the point  . I am still saying that  cyclists are often the worst offenders and the single biggest factor in their own safety on the road or lack thereof.. I was driving at the speed limit on the Ormond quay only a few days ago  when I was passed at speed  by several cyclists who then  ran a red light. we've all seen cyclists  wearing headphones  texting while cycling. Taxi drivers are  too  easy a scapegoat.       
Six legs good, four legs bad!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2018, 07:19:03 am »
Some might say they don't help themselves with tales of derring-do posted up here and other places. Fools and their self-made gallows.

Show Unread Posts