Author Topic: Damn Immigrants  (Read 5827 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Damn Immigrants
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 07:06:30 pm »
How's the Shell To Sea campaign progressing?

Online silverbullet

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2018, 07:11:06 pm »
How's the Shell To Sea campaign progressing?
Not involved.
Water charges, yes. Don't pay.
Bin charges, Don't pay.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 07:49:10 pm »
Water charges being refunded was a bit of a kick in the testicles... I wish I'd paid.

dalymount

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 10:07:23 pm »
Speaking of domestic charges. I could never understand why the anti water campaign did not go after trying to get rid od property tax instead of water charges.at least with water,you were getting something for your money,what do you get for paying property tax ?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 11:46:40 pm »
Speaking of domestic charges. I could never understand why the anti water campaign did not go after trying to get rid od property tax instead of water charges.at least with water,you were getting something for your money,what do you get for paying property tax ?
It allows you to sell your property when yoy want to.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Online silverbullet

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2018, 06:19:06 pm »
As we asserted at the time, we already pay for our water charges via motor tax.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2018, 07:01:55 pm »
Hence taxis qualify for reduced motor tax - the drivers have a relatively low propensity to take a bath or shower.

I was never opposed to water charges. There is still a need to broaden the tax base. The only reason I didn't pay is because they didn't shout loud enough. Given that water is to remain free I don't understand why Ishca Eireann or whatever they're called bother distributing drinking water. Most folk buy their drinking water in supermarkets these days so it's just a waste of money, money we won't have come the next recession.

dalymount

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 08:04:13 pm »
I still dont understand why for instance,someone who works for 30 years to pay off his mortgage,should have to pay tax on a property he owns ?

Offline weird al wankovitch

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2018, 08:56:16 pm »
No it makes no sense. Ye buy the gaff from money you earned on which you paid income tax, ye paid interest on the loan, ye maintain it yourself at your own expense, everything inside it you paid tax on. The cunts sneck it in when the country was in shite an we were willing to do anything to just make the recession stop. Fucking eejits we are.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 09:10:23 pm »
Catches folk who pay very little income tax. The PAYE sector traditionally carries the rest of us.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2018, 09:22:26 pm »
We need all the help we can get....

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 11:18:21 pm »
Indeed but I guess we should also bear in mind that many non PAYE individuals got tax relief at source on mortgage interest payments. This relief was granted regardless of whether the individuals concerned paid sufficient tax to qualify for the same - one practical example of the left hand not knowing (or perhaps more aptly, not caring) what the right hand is doing.

Show Unread Posts