Author Topic: Rugby type stuff  (Read 21209 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Rugby type stuff
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2018, 10:23:08 am »
Fuck me, that was just about the maddest weekend of my life, highly recommended. Where else in the world would someone behind you shout "Tellytubby get the balloon" with it making complete sense! My bets on Smith and Lennon didn't pay off but Lennon got a nice run into the quarter finals - much further than the 500/1 odds suggested and taking a leg off van Grewen against the throw ought to do his confidence some good. Anywaysanall I landed a tenner four fold on Saturday afternoon (G Clemmons 6/4, R Evans 11/8, S Burton 9/4 and S Lennon 1/1) collecting £385 after one hell of a sweat watching both Lennon and Reyes miss dart after dart to settle the last game - I didn't even pull the pretty girl on the Ladbrokes counter up on leaving me 94p short, just thought to my drunken self, fuck it let 'em have it!

Fair play to Gurney, he found his way to "centre stage" to celebrate with the fans well into the early hours of Monday morning... as did Dancing Dimitri, winner of the youth championship. I think I'll be in recovery for a month!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2018, 11:03:02 am »
Dimitri the 24 yr old "youth".,,,,,Anderson was electric up to and including the first 11 games against Uncle Fester..then he did an "Anderson".

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2018, 11:33:02 am »
Only saw his games on Sunday. Stayed in Reds watching stage 2 on Friday and Saturday, bar a quick dash across to watch the Lennon/Reyes game. Very hard to concentrate on the darts in the main arena with the Beer Angels (prettiest little girls you've ever seen) stretching and bending all over the place and the fucking commercial breaks every 5 legs. Reds is a much more intimate set up, you can actually see the board from your table and you get to meet some of the players who come in for a pint after their games... not to mention the opportunity to assess the lesser known players' abilities e.g. I hadn't heard of two of the players I backed on Saturday (Clemmons and Burton) until they played on Friday...

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2018, 12:07:14 pm »
Clemens is a German, I think. The game is huge now there. Mason reckoned up to 8,000 fans turn up for mickey mouse tournaments in Deutschland.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2018, 12:58:37 pm »
Tellytubby get the balloon!

Did ye?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2018, 01:35:51 pm »
No I think the yellow one got it, it stayed in play for a while anyway.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2018, 01:46:42 pm »
So there was someone dressed up as a tellytubby? lol

Did yis go incognito....or as members of the Incognito Club?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2018, 04:37:25 pm »
At least four tellytubbies, a good few bananas in pyjamas and Barneys... might go as a skinny bloke next year, there was none of them!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2018, 04:41:15 pm »
Good luck with that....maybe building that shed and stop eating might yield results!

john m

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2018, 04:50:04 pm »
On the subject of that Shed Rodent we need to review the plan from the year before the year before last to see if thats still the prefered shed now that the economy might of recovered a bit .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2018, 04:55:08 pm »
What al this "we" shit John...are yourself and RC besties...or fukin wha?

john m

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2018, 05:05:47 pm »
I  visited and he informed me he was looking for a brickies mate .I thought he meant one of those yokes the culshie sells on late night telly that helps you lay blocks but soon I realized he meant a fat bloke who could operate a shovel .I havent visited much since just in case he was serious .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2018, 05:28:26 pm »
You'd need a safepass and advanced health and safety courses to work there....maybe some experience with pyrite.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2018, 05:38:36 pm »
The foundation is laid. I didn't use any pyrite, just concrete, metal and glass. He has a first aid kit and a high vis vest in his car and he's done the Board Fawltya course, that'll do.

john m

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2018, 05:53:22 pm »
We will talkabout setting up a meeting to talk about progressing the implimentation of the design perameters after the weather clears up a bit probably .and then we will explore if we can acquire an actual shovel for the brickies mate then locate a place to stand the shovel up while we try to work out what type of block would be best to stack close to where they might be needed in the future .

Show Unread Posts