Author Topic: 5 for 20.........De Rappin' Paypa.  (Read 10804 times)

dalymount

Re: 5 for 20.........De Rappin' Paypa.
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 02:19:50 pm »
Well there is at least one other member of this forum who will attest to having being the subject of intimidating behaviour from these thugs,and also I would dispute your assertion as to wether Mr Fullerton has jurisdiction or not.there are laws governing this industry,and it is his job as guardian,and protector of those laws,to uphold ,and execute any breach of the rules regardless of wether that happens on private property or not

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 02:37:57 pm »
The law is the law. There may be bye-laws up above in Dublin requiring planning permission for taxi ranks on private property - which could well be the real reason for the Burlington scrapping it's private rank - but that falls outside of NTA's remit and obviously doesn't apply to the Clayton Hotel, Clonshaugh Rd which is in Fingal's administrative area. If NTA had any powers they'd have dealt with that one by now, it's been in operation for several years.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2018, 02:38:27 pm »
They're still hanging around the Ballsbridge hotel everyday.I've never felt intimidated by any taxi driver, in fact if I can rob a job under their noses from any of the Crown Plazas I consider it a bonus.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2018, 02:40:28 pm »
As I said time and time agin I doubt Anthony would condone any drivers working for his firm intimidating anyone. Best discussed with him directly.

dalymount

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2018, 03:24:15 pm »
Rat the reason given  for no action being taken by the enforcement team against these drivers is (and I have difficulty believing or accepting it ) is that the enforcement team have to actually engage one of these drivers and firstly ask if he is for hire,and then if he is,enforcement have to actually engage the driver to take the officer a short distance at which point the officer will identity himself and issue a fine in accordance with the rules. This,apparently is the process through which enforcement must carry out should it develope into a court situation.this is what I was told by the NT when I enquired some time ago

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2018, 03:39:44 pm »
That's entrapment.

dalymount

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2018, 03:45:06 pm »
Maybe so,but thats the way its done according to my source.I feel the NTA would have done their homework ,and been advised accordingly from a legal point of view.the fact that they have been successful in securing prosecutions using this process,would seem to suggest otherwise

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2018, 03:46:27 pm »
That's entrapment.

No it's not....if he's plying for hire illegally.

Offline watty

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2018, 05:42:52 pm »
March 2018
Judge to decide if Westport taxi case was entrapment (Mayo News)

The case of a Murrisk man accused of operating a vehicle for hire without a license has been adjourned while Judge Mary Devins deliberates on a doctrine of law.
The term, ex-turpi-causa, was introduced by defence solicitor James Ward after hearing evidence in the case of John Walshe, Crossview, Thornhill, Murrisk, Westport in the local district court this week.
Mr Ward said the legal doctrine meant the state could not pursue the case as the apprehension of Mr Walshe arose from an illegal act which could be construed as entrapment.

Defending solicitor, Mr Ward then introduced a number of legal questions, namely whether an offence had actually taken place as no money had changed hands and if the whole incident was one of entrapment.
He then asked Judge Mary Devins if this was a case of ex-turpi-causa as the officers knew the vehicle wasn’t a licensed taxi when they got into it.
Mr Jason Teehan, representing the Road Traffic Authority, refuted this and added that all the ingredients for a prosecution were in place to which Mr Ward retorted that the ingredients might be there, but no cake had been baked.

Judge was supposed to decide 19th April but there doesn't seem to be any follow-up on d'Internet...

But here's another story from the Mayo News in Nov 2018.  Different judge.
Solicitor claims NTA inciting taxi operators to commit crimes

Judge Alan Mitchell dismissed the cases against both Ms Granaghan and Mr Gallagher, saying they had not been proven beyond reasonable doubt. In relation to Ms Granaghan, he said that while a fare of €20 was mentioned at the end of the journey, the money did not actually pass hands and she did not gain a reward to be in breach of the regulations.
In Mr Gallagher’s case he said the NTA had failed to prove that he had a local-area hackney licence that restricted him to Achill. As this was a criminal case, he said the State had to prove their cases beyond reasonable doubt.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2018, 06:31:15 pm »
You never met one what sb ?
Hard man from Cab2000.
Usually redundant lads from Motorola or Are Lingus.
Softies on their own.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2018, 06:34:03 pm »
Staff at aligned Hotels won't use Cab0002.

Offline infitly

• Valued Contributor
5 for 20 De Rappin Paypa
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 01:03:48 am »
See I cant see the point of freezing plate issues.

They will have the same number of plates next month as they did last month, so how will that help things?

Or are they alluding to drivers in Coventry as being as thick as pigs s, in that they would be willing to pay ?20-30,000 for a motor only for that cab to sit around all day doing nothing.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

Re: 5 for 20 De Rappin Paypa
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2018, 01:30:44 am »
See I cant see the point of freezing plate issues.

They will have the same number of plates next month as they did last month, so how will that help things?

Or are they alluding to drivers in Coventry as being as thick as pigs s, in that they would be willing to pay ?20-30,000 for a motor only for that cab to sit around all day doing nothing.
You`re in Virtual Ireland infy.

Show Unread Posts