Author Topic: Arranging deckchairs on the Dublin Titanics  (Read 5135 times)

Offline Daily Driver

• Valued Contributor
Arranging deckchairs on the Dublin Titanics
« on: February 12, 2019, 09:01:49 pm »
Drove past some of the elder lemons of Expert and NRC being all BFF last week. This would lead a casual observer to suspect that the much touted takeover/marriage is back on. Greater minds than mine will judge if this will be a takeover or a marriage and more importantly, who will be the daddy. Those in the know will remember that the wheels very nearly fell off last year when a related party pulled a legal rabbit out of the hat. Last weeks bonding session may indicate the trip to Inns quay was a one way booking and everyone is best friends forever again.

This sounds like good news for the top brass of both radio companies considering their engines have been belching black smoke of late. Predictably instead of looking under the hood they decided to tow rope together in a desperate attempt to avoid a complete engine failure. One can only guess at the quality of due diligence being performed.

The recent loss of the HSE, Blood service and Dialysis accounts are a blow to NRC even if they were discounted fares. This is the type of business that puts bread on the table in the lean months. That some of this work has gone to the clever german “Die taxi app” should make the brass sit up and take notice, although based on their history this is unlikely.

Things are not much more successful in ballymount. Those in the know say that over 30 drivers have waved goodbye in the last while with a healthy number of those heading to VIP. It seems that paying €80 radio fee per week (€3,840 a year) doesn’t entitle taxi drivers to a fair divey of the airport and juicy country runs. (These are reserved for the yellow pack chauffeurs. More about this anon). Added to this is the crushed expectations of new drivers. Told they can earn €1,800 a week once they sign up to a base taxi rental. They swiftly learn its worse than a ponzi scheme and hand back the keys.

What is the likelihood of this union between crumbling dynasties actually succeeding? Well based on past experience the smart money isn’t giving great odds. Cast your mind back to 2015 and the ecab announcement from VIP, NRC and expert. “2,000 cars readily available to collect and drop on the Dublin area, all with uniformed and trained drivers”.

Or the same idea resprayed and waxed up as “Connect” from 2017. Both were quietly buried long before their NCT was due.

Given the individuals involved one suspects if this wedding does go ahead, it wont be long before its either turn left to Inns quay and our learned friends in wigs or just up ahead on the right to Gloucester place for E10 forms from the CRO.

Offline silverbullet

Re: Arranging deckchairs on the Dublin Titanics
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:59:47 pm »
Drove past some of the elder lemons of Expert and NRC being all BFF last week. This would lead a casual observer to suspect that the much touted takeover/marriage is back on. Greater minds than mine will judge if this will be a takeover or a marriage and more importantly, who will be the daddy. Those in the know will remember that the wheels very nearly fell off last year when a related party pulled a legal rabbit out of the hat. Last weeks bonding session may indicate the trip to Inns quay was a one way booking and everyone is best friends forever again.

This sounds like good news for the top brass of both radio companies considering their engines have been belching black smoke of late. Predictably instead of looking under the hood they decided to tow rope together in a desperate attempt to avoid a complete engine failure. One can only guess at the quality of due diligence being performed.

The recent loss of the HSE, Blood service and Dialysis accounts are a blow to NRC even if they were discounted fares. This is the type of business that puts bread on the table in the lean months. That some of this work has gone to the clever german “Die taxi app” should make the brass sit up and take notice, although based on their history this is unlikely.

Things are not much more successful in ballymount. Those in the know say that over 30 drivers have waved goodbye in the last while with a healthy number of those heading to VIP. It seems that paying €80 radio fee per week (€3,840 a year) doesn’t entitle taxi drivers to a fair divey of the airport and juicy country runs. (These are reserved for the yellow pack chauffeurs. More about this anon). Added to this is the crushed expectations of new drivers. Told they can earn €1,800 a week once they sign up to a base taxi rental. They swiftly learn its worse than a ponzi scheme and hand back the keys.

What is the likelihood of this union between crumbling dynasties actually succeeding? Well based on past experience the smart money isn’t giving great odds. Cast your mind back to 2015 and the ecab announcement from VIP, NRC and expert. “2,000 cars readily available to collect and drop on the Dublin area, all with uniformed and trained drivers”.

Or the same idea resprayed and waxed up as “Connect” from 2017. Both were quietly buried long before their NCT was due.

Given the individuals involved one suspects if this wedding does go ahead, it wont be long before its either turn left to Inns quay and our learned friends in wigs or just up ahead on the right to Gloucester place for E10 forms from the CRO.
Excellent post DD.
One thing you can be sure of in this plug and socket marriage, is that one parties has already put a pension in place to top up the one from a union that didn't quite work out, and a pension from the state for honourably  serving...Officers in  the mess!! 8)
P.s I wouldn't be surprised if he enjoyed being the socket!! 8)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 11:14:51 pm by silverbullet »

dalymount

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 11:08:34 pm »
Death to the radio scum who think the drivers are their employees,and unfortunately the drivers act accordingly

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 11:16:34 pm »
Death to the radio scum who think the drivers are their employees,and unfortunately the drivers act accordingly
Exactly.  They also will have to answer to their...ahem...Financiers! 8)

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 11:17:42 pm »
I rang meself earlier to tell meself i wasn't goin out...i could tell i wasn't too happy...so i said if i wasn't happy about it i could go and fuk meself.....i haven't heard anything back from me yet...i didn't tell meself i wasn't goin out tomorrow night either....i'd say i'll lose the head altogether!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 11:20:55 pm »
I rang meself earlier to tell meself i wasn't goin out...i could tell i wasn't too happy...so i said if i wasn't happy about it i could go and fuk meself.....i haven't heard anything back from me yet...i didn't tell meself i wasn't goin out tomorrow night either....i'd say i'll lose the head altogether!!
You need to give yourself a verbal warning...then head out! 8)

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 08:50:14 am »

You obviously hate nights,why don't you switch to days? (I know poxy traffic but very little gargle talk and a whole less hassle)

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 10:21:32 am »
Most lads switch to days in the end.Sounds like Hal doesn't need the money.Very easy to take time out when there's nothing that urgently needs paying.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 11:49:11 am »
Ah..i don't hate nights that much and working days just doesn't suit my lifestyle,
Not goin out tonight cos me yungfella has his first gig,20min slot on an open mic night in a local venue.

Offline Deets

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 12:47:43 pm »
How the fcuk would a driver pull €1,800 a week, what rubbish. Would they even be doing 700 a week after freight?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 01:00:20 pm »
How the fcuk would a driver pull €1,800 a week, what rubbish. Would they even be doing 700 a week after freight?

Working long hours and probably even 6/7 nights/days a week.....someone has to pay the lease on those rentals.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 02:26:38 pm »
They told me €1300 after rent insurance and freight per week.

john m

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 03:12:37 pm »
Ah..i don't hate nights that much and working days just doesn't suit my lifestyle,
Not goin out tonight cos me yungfella has his first gig,20min slot on an open mic night in a local venue.

Hope he has a great Gig .Listened to his stuff got a nice tone .Vid it and get it up on You tube that seems the way to get noticed now .A+R men dont leave the office .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 04:18:40 pm »

Hope he has a great Gig .Listened to his stuff got a nice tone .Vid it and get it up on You tube that seems the way to get noticed now .A+R men dont leave the office .

True John.....he has a huge circle of friends,most if not all are heading tonight...a good learning curve all the same,
The venue itself record some of the acts that they put up on their site.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 08:59:25 pm »
Best of luck to the young fella tonight Hal

Show Unread Posts