Author Topic: Tipping Contest  (Read 18644 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Tipping Contest
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2019, 12:24:38 pm »
It's over, as The Big O declared........took her to the Dubs and Tyrone match only for Tyrone to put manners on Dublin.....the road to hell is paved with good intentions....she wants to go to Breffni Park next weekend to see them play Cavan...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2019, 02:00:04 pm »
Your right Stephen I did manipulate the forum rules a tad, unwittingly at first, but when I saw the stake flaw in the rules, I did exaggerate it to the hilt.  oops

Still my last day bet shows the true value of the placepot if you are willing to invest big money. If I had done that bet fer the minimum Tote requirement of .10c per line then the stake would have been 3780. Euro and the return would have been 36,120.98 !

If we applied the rules strictly as written your return would have been zero as your unit stake to the nearest 1c would be 0c. However, it's only a bit of fun and I could get what you were demonstrating. I think we'll go back to a starting bank for future competitions, probably with a 10c min unit stake on placepots?

I've never seen so many runners on gold cup day before... nearly every race had 20+ declared so I guess it was a fair assumption that the placepot dividend would be substantial but what if every favourite placed and the dividend was a couple of ton? Big investment = big risk.

Offline Belker

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2019, 02:50:16 pm »
Agreed, but I would love to play fer 3 or 4K per day but I'm not willing to possibly (but unlikely) lose up to 15K on the week.
Also agreed Tote placepot forum rules should be in line with actual rules and have the same minimum unit stake.

But I will pick out a few bumper big stake placepots next year (outside of the forum competition) just fer a birra fun.

Show Unread Posts