Author Topic: John Joe Angry  (Read 307 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
John Joe Angry
« on: March 15, 2021, 06:58:19 pm »
https://www.sundayworld.com/news/irish-news/john-joe-nevin-hits-out-at-media-coverage-after-announcing-he-is-to-work-with-daniel-kinahan-40195402.html

PUNCHING BACK John Joe Nevin hits out at media coverage after announcing he is to work with Daniel Kinahan

Nevin released a statement yesterday detailing plans to return to the ring.

Neasa Cumiskey
March 14 2021 06:34 PM

Olympian John Joe Nevin has hit out at the media after the news broke that he would be signing with crime boss Daniel Kinahan.

The former silver medalist announced yesterday that he will be working with boxer Billy Joe Saunders and Daniel Kinahan.

He announced his new move in a statement: “I’m really excited about this move. I’m looking forward to getting involved in some big fights and Billy Joe and Daniel are the men to be with to get them."

Following Nevin's announcement, he came under fire from some social media users after his comments were reported in the press.

However, today, the former Olympian refused to back down and took to social media to answer critics.

Holding a newspaper upside down, Nevin wrote: “Big shout to the media today. It’s about time ye started covering my career, I’m truly gracious for the nice words in today’s articles #ilovethemedia #MullingarShuffle #keepsmiling #SonOfIreland.”

Yesterday, Nevin had announced he was making a return to boxing after a lengthy break.

“I’ve been out of the ring now for a year and a half and I can’t wait to get back in under the lights. I’ve had a lot of stop starts to my career so far due to injury and not having the right promoters to get on them big shows but I’m unbeatable in 14 fights and I’m also rated in the top 15 with the WBA.

“I’m hoping to get the shot at a world title in my career as it was always a dream of mine to be a world champion, so I would love to get the opportunity to fulfil that dream.

“The fans will see that I’ve got such a stylish style all throughout my career, and I hope to showcase more of my skills on some big shows,” the 32-year-old continued.

Nevin was criticised for his choice to associate with Dubai-based Kinahan by some Twitter users.

One user messaged the Mullingar native on Twitter to express their disappointment in the boxer.

He wrote: “Followed your career as an amateur and a professional. Cheered you on every fight. Shame on you for hooking up with Kinahan. Shame on you.”

Offline markmiwurdz

Re: John Joe Angry
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 07:09:17 pm »
He also detailed his new skill of reading a paper upside down.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 10:02:11 pm »
Laffin......he'll be still fightin till he's 80 when he puts his X on the contract!!

Online john m

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 10:50:40 pm »
Great to see the young lad getting away from the criminal element and being taken under Daniels wing ,be interesting to see how well he does now that he is managed by a man with no criminal convictions .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 11:14:08 pm »
Laffin......he'll be still fightin till he's 80 when he puts his X on the contract!!
The location isn't public,  but I hear it's  a site for sore eyes! 8)

Show Unread Posts