Author Topic: For The Soccer Fans  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
For The Soccer Fans
« on: March 29, 2021, 07:40:02 pm »
Documentary about Jack Charlton on BBC2 (most/all regions) at 21:00 tonight... supported by British TV licence fees.

Offline Shallowhal

Re: For The Soccer Fans
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 08:02:28 pm »
Documentary about Jack Charlton on BBC2 (most/all regions) at 21:00 tonight... supported by British TV licence fees.

Was on Virgin last night!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 08:57:19 pm »

Was it good for you, did she bleed, did ya hang out the sheets? 8)

john m

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 02:17:23 pm »
Was on Twitter but has been deleted .FAI have been ADVISED that Irish team should not protest against Quatar human rights before tonights match as EUFA would not be pleased and would remove the European Championship Games from the Aviva .

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 04:36:50 pm »
Was so proud of the team...boycotting the World Cup in Qater .....They dont have to worry about qualifying for it now!. .Fair play to Kenny saying they can protest before the game and he personally is not impressed with the cheap loss of life while building the WC stadiums..
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 06:53:25 pm »

1, 2, 3 or Sport?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 07:03:13 pm »

1, 2, 3 or Sport?

Does it make any difference...was on two nights ago....inanyways,you were going to watch it on the British Broadcasting Corporation channel of which there are no advertisements so ye don't have to listen to yer wan with her leaky bladder and attractive undies to stop said leak or even yer man who swallowed an over the counter erector and is "taking the elevator,goin up" as the song suggests!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 07:15:51 pm »
I didn't watch it. It clashed with Masterchef on BBC1 and 24 Hours In Custody on Channel 4 + 1 (not to be confused with Channel 5). I recorded it so I can watch it whenever I've fuck all else to watch/do. Was it any good?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 07:38:39 pm »
I didn't watch it. It clashed with Masterchef on BBC1 and 24 Hours In Custody on Channel 4 + 1 (not to be confused with Channel 5). I recorded it so I can watch it whenever I've fuck all else to watch/do. Was it any good?
Combine the two programmes "24 hours in Custardy". 8)

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 07:41:26 pm »
Yep.....he's here all week!!

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 10:52:27 am »
Twas a good programme  rofl. From watching it I feel Jack had started his memory loss in his 50s...He couldnt name his team...Was saying they will be drained of alcohol after playing in the sun in Florida....Or maybe he was just a thick Brit with a poor memory??
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 12:37:32 pm »
They do say that Cools...my Ma had Alzheimer's,she was 64 when she had to be moved into a home but we had noticed the changes probably 10yrs earlier,silly little things that you really wouldn't give a second thought to but she got a really bad dose of the flu(she was never sick) and honestly never recovered from it,it was like she was always punch drunk from that time on and became a real danger to herself,she passed away 6 days before i got married but was in that home for 7yrs,it took me a long time to be able to speak about her and her illness but looking at programmes like that tend to get to me and memories of my Ma always come flooding back,although there's not a day passes that i don't think of her and what a brilliant Ma she was.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 01:02:05 pm »
They do say that Cools...my Ma had Alzheimer's,she was 64 when she had to be moved into a home but we had noticed the changes probably 10yrs earlier,silly little things that you really wouldn't give a second thought to but she got a really bad dose of the flu(she was never sick) and honestly never recovered from it,it was like she was always punch drunk from that time on and became a real danger to herself,she passed away 6 days before i got married but was in that home for 7yrs,it took me a long time to be able to speak about her and her illness but looking at programmes like that tend to get to me and memories of my Ma always come flooding back,although there's not a day passes that i don't think of her and what a brilliant Ma she was.
Sorry to hear that Hal. My own Ma had vascular dementia at the end. Going from a very sharp, very astute person to a confused frustrated one in quite a short time. It's very hard to witness but makes you a stronger person for it.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2021, 01:10:46 pm »
Ireland is a country full of garglers.Some sort of dementia is coming to us all in the end.The human body was never meant to be kept around past middle age.Most of us peaked 20 years ago.Holy fuk I hope they bring in Eusthnasia by the time I have to go.And I also hope I'm lucid enough go ask for it.

I imagine getting old is like an extended lockdown that you never get to escape.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2021, 01:15:39 pm »
Ireland is a country full of garglers.Some sort of dementia is coming to us all in the end.The human body was never meant to be kept around past middle age.Most of us peaked 20 years ago.Holy fuk I hope they bring in Eusthnasia by the time I have to go.And I also hope I'm lucid enough go ask for it.

I imagine getting old is like an extended lockdown that you never get to escape.
Fill in a DNR now.

Show Unread Posts