« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2022, 12:22:05 pm »
Foxrock Taxi Driver:

https://rip.ie/death-notice/brian-brothwood-portarlington-laois/499819

Bob would have known him well.

R.I.P.

Offline Bob Shillin

Re: RIP
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2022, 07:05:16 pm »
Ah, that's very sad, and with 2 young children. Brian was one of the good guys. I remember that he suffered badly with sleep apnia.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2022, 02:07:18 pm »
RIP
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline watty

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2022, 05:17:03 pm »
RIP - looks relatively young in the photo.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2022, 05:52:09 pm »
RIP - looks relatively young in the photo.
C. 45-50 max I think
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline watty

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2022, 06:18:14 pm »
Very sad.

Online silverbullet

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2022, 02:22:15 pm »
WILKO JOHNSON, DR FEELGOOD GUITARIST, and stage presence/inspiration for Paul Weller.

Iconic guitarist and Game of Thrones star Wilko Johnson has died aged 75
Updated / Wednesday, 23 Nov 2022 12:04
Wilko Johnson: 1947 - 2022
Wilko Johnson: 1947 - 2022
Iconic guitarist and Game of Thrones star Wilko Johnson has died aged 75 a statement on an official Facebook page for the musician said.

The musician found fame with the 1970s pub-rock band Dr Feelgood. He later played with Ian Dury and also had a successful career with his group The Wilko Johnson Band.

In 2014, he collaborated with The Who's Roger Daltrey on an album called Going Back Home.

A statement on Facebook said: "This is the announcement we never wanted to make, and we do so, on behalf of Wilko's family and the band, with a very heavy heart:

"Wilko Johnson has died. He passed away at home on Monday evening, 21st November 2022.

"Thank you for respecting Wilko’s family’s privacy at this very sad time, and thank you all for having been such a tremendous support throughout Wilko’s incredible life. RIP Wilko Johnson."

Johnson was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer ten years ago but decided against having chemotherapy so that he could go on tour one last time.

Speaking to the BBC at the time he said: "The decision was quite easy - chemotherapy could do no more than extend my life for a relatively short period and I thought I'd just rather enjoy the health that was left to me."

A year later Johnson had a 3kg tumour removed during an 11-hour operation and was declared cancer free.

He played his final live gig last month at London's Shepherd's Bush Empire on 18 October.

Born on Canvey Island in Essex in 1947, he recalled in his autobiography that he had a tough childhood and at aged 16, he was elated to come home from school one day to find his dad had died.

In the book, he also said he found joy in literature but, after realising he was never going to cut it as a poet, he discovered music.

He graduated from Newcastle University before travelling around India, then returned to Essex to work as an English teacher.

Not long after, he formed Dr Feelgood, hugely influential pub-rock pioneers who paved the way for punk.

Source: Press Association

BRILLIANT ALBUM:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0izw4vlW-M
MALPRACTICE.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2022, 08:33:13 pm »
Great guitarist he was.RIP.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2022, 09:05:47 am »
Christine Fleetwood mac

Sweet wonderful you   ya make me happy with the things you do x rip Christine   legend of a woman

Online silverbullet

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2022, 07:37:59 pm »
Christine Fleetwood mac

Sweet wonderful you   ya make me happy with the things you do x rip Christine   legend of a woman
+1

R.I.P. Christine, great songwriter, and voice.

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #41 on: Today at 01:33:43 am »
Yep…She wrote most of Rumours
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Online silverbullet

« Reply #42 on: Today at 05:49:29 pm »
I watched a live concert of The Dance, what a stunning guitarist Lindsay Buckingham is.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #43 on: Today at 06:31:40 pm »
I watched a live concert of The Dance, what a stunning guitarist Lindsay Buckingham is.
Rolling Stone have him as No. 100 in their top 100, with Jimmy (amplified agony IMHO) Hendrix as usual No. 1.

Online silverbullet

« Reply #44 on: Today at 07:10:14 pm »

Rolling Stone have him as No. 100 in their top 100, with Jimmy (amplified agony IMHO) Hendrix as usual No. 1.

I just watched Hendrix perform the Cream classic as a tribute to Clapton, very good cover but still I'd give him five minutes of listening time before I'd switch to someone with a greater range.

Show Unread Posts