Author Topic: 'Company cars'.  (Read 808 times)

Offline Belker

'Company cars'.
« on: July 07, 2021, 07:37:49 pm »
The teenager (14) who lost his life in Killarney this morning after the car he was driving struck a kerb and hit a tree has been named locally as Thomas Healy.

The single-vehicle crash happened on the Ross Road, close to Ross Castle in Killarney at around 1.10am this morning.

The young boy, who was driving a 25-year-old Toyota Corolla, lost control of the vehicle before it collided with a tree. He died at the scene.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40331180.html

Offline Belker

Re: 'Company cars'.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 07:48:35 pm »
'Company cars' have become commonplace all over Ireland where young lads can buys old bangers fer cash and drive them away with no license or insurance or NCT.

WHOM is it that is selling these cars to the young lads ?

How could anybody in their right mind sell a 25-year-old Corolla to a 14 year-old boy ??

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 08:07:28 pm »
At least he killed himself....kudos...and karma!!

Offline Octavia1

• It's my field
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 10:43:06 pm »
At least he killed himself....kudos...and karma!!
That's not nice hal .....he was a promising footballer

Offline Belker

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 11:03:03 pm »
The kid was 14 years old, who sold him a 25-year-old 'Company car' ?

It ain't adding up fer me how a 14-year-old can legally (or even illegally) buy a car in Ireland ??

john m

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 11:11:14 pm »

It ain't adding up fer me how a 14-year-old can legally (or even illegally) buy a car in Ireland ??

Who said he bought it he could of taken the keys from his Uncle Brendans Jacket pocket while Brendan was out on the Bog cutting turf for the winter .

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 11:43:02 pm »
'Company cars' have become commonplace all over Ireland where young lads can buys old bangers fer cash and drive them away with no license or insurance or NCT.

WHOM is it that is selling these cars to the young lads ?

How could anybody in their right mind sell a 25-year-old Corolla to a 14 year-old boy ??

There a lots of illegal scrappage company contacts on the net. If you sell them the car for scrap and give them the log book,they sell it for cash to anyone.The scrappage company send you a false COD cert. You think its destroyed but some kid is still driving it...The law is turning a blind eye to it.
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 12:03:56 am »

Who said he bought it he could of taken the keys from his Uncle Brendans Jacket pocket while Brendan was out on the Bog cutting turf for the winter .
Of course he could have snaffeled the keys from his uncle Brenden OR Space aliens could have delivered the car to him, either seem unlikely.

Whom sold the 25-year-old Corolla car to a 14-year old ??

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 12:07:07 am »

It's hard to find a scrupulous car dealer.

Thoughts and prayers are with the tree.
Of course he could have snaffeled the keys from his uncle Brenden OR Space aliens could have delivered the car to him, either seem unlikely.

Whom sold the 25-year-old Corolla car to a 14-year old ??

Offline Belker

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 12:18:16 am »

Just to confirm, I had no act or part in the above posters comment.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 12:23:59 am »

Just to confirm, I had no act or part in the above posters comment.
My bad Ken, I'll own it.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 12:41:02 am »

Cash is king. 8)

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 09:04:46 am »
What a waste....that car qualified for classic car insurance and in five years time for vintage tax!!

Three other heroes killed on the N7 at Rathcoole last night,driving on the wrong side of the road and the driver of the truck they hit in a serious condition in hospital....hope he makes a quick recovery.

john m

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 09:16:16 am »
What a waste....that car qualified for classic car insurance and in five years time for vintage tax!!

Three other heroes killed on the N7 at Rathcoole last night,driving on the wrong side of the road and the driver of the truck they hit in a serious condition in hospital....hope he makes a quick recovery.

That Kingswood roundabout is a mess if you didnt know it and were being chased by the Gards you could easily take the wrong ramp .Its not the first time there has been an accident on the wrong side of the Nass Road .Think two Polish lads were killed on the same stretch last year .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 12:50:52 pm »

It'd still be a taxi if it weren't for the union reps after de-reg. I believe they thought it was a Jensen Healey Rae.

Show Unread Posts