October
4 (21.1%)
December
1 (5.3%)
They will stay open once they open
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 17, 2021, 10:59:20 am

Author Topic: Porter with a roof  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Bob Shillin

Re: Porter with a roof
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2021, 03:49:38 pm »
Also says, "this certificate is not a travel document..........the scientific evidence on Covid 19 vaccination, testing, and recovery continues to evolve, including with regard to new virus variants...... before travelling check the regulations at your point of destination".
"The sword of time will pierce our skins,
 it doesn't hurt when it begins,
 but as it works its' way on in
the pain gets stronger,
watch it grin.."

john m

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2021, 04:05:15 pm »
TUE, 13 JUL, 2021 - 15:26
AOIFE MOORE
The Government's messaging around indoor dining is in chaos after a third clarification was sent out in eight hours.

At 8am today, Arts Minister Catherine Martin announced that if a person has recovered from Covid-19, they can "apply to your GP" or "apply to a test centre after you've received that positive PCR test and that would be valid for 180 days". A letter from GPs would be valid to enter a restaurant, she added.

GPs indicated after Ms Martin's announcement that there was no consultation with them about the provision of "recovery certs" for people who had Covid who wish to access indoor hospitality.

Doctors Illona Duffy from Monaghan and Ray Walley from Dublin both told RTÉ radio’s Today with Claire Byrne show that their practices were already under pressure and having to provide such letters would add to their workload.

“It’s madness to state that GPs will do this,” Dr Duffy said of Ms Martin's comments.

She said it was “deeply unfair” to announce the details on the airwaves.

Dr Duffy said her representative body, the Irish Medical Organisation, had issued a letter stating that GPs will not be issuing certificates. GPs would not always have all the details of patients who claimed to have had Covid and pointed out that the HSE had the details of who had tested positive.

Dr Walley said the first that GPs had heard about their involvement in issuing recovery certs was on the airwaves. Doctors were already coping with their normal clinical workload, along with vaccines. They did not have the data to issue such certificates.

After 10am, Minister of State Ossian Smyth apologised for the misunderstanding caused by comments made by Ms Martin.

Doctors would not be involved in the issuing of such certs, “I will be issuing the recovery certs,” he said.

If anyone had tested positive, they should not involve their GP. They should contact the call centre which has been established. The call centre will have a record of all cases and can issue the cert, he explained.

If a person had not done a test then they cannot be issued with a recovery cert, nor can people who tested positive in another country, he said.

The number of people who had tested positive in the past six months was 100,000, Ms Smith, explaining that this was small in comparison with the 2m people who had been vaccinated.

The recovery cert will be issued only to people who had tested positive and recovered in the past 180 days.

At 2.30pm, a third clarification was issued, that Ms Martin was in fact correct in her statement that doctors could provide "recovery certs" for indoor hospitality only, and not travel.

A statement from the Department of Tourism said: "Minister Catherine Martin stated this morning that people can go to their GP, test centre, or call the helpline to obtain a Covid-19 recovery certificate.

"To clarify, as set out above the legislation being brought forward is enabling legislation, and the detail will be worked out by way of Regulation over the coming days, and introduced following the enactment of the bill.

"The legislation defines (as set out above) 'proof of immunity' as a digital Covid certificate (DCC), or 'a form of proof of recovery from Covid-19 as may be prescribed in regulations'.

"This could include a letter from a relevant medical person (including a GP), which was agreed by Government yesterday, and this is what the minister was referring to this morning. However, it is envisaged that the DCC will be the primary source of verification. "

Although the Government expects the majority of people will receive a DCC, those who cannot for whatever reason will be able to get a recovery cert from their local GP.

john m

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2021, 04:09:21 pm »
The legislation defines (as set out above) 'proof of immunity' as a digital Covid certificate (DCC), or 'a form of proof of recovery from Covid-19 as may be prescribed in regulations'.
 The Minister on the radio said you can use your vaccine card .The Law says Digital Covid cert or proof of recovery .Is a paper cert the same as a digital cert or is it a paper cert ?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2021, 04:09:49 pm »
The image shown on "Breaking News" shows a "Digital Green Health Pasport", being issued. The document in my email looks nothing like it.
Breaking News also says that the EU will have a digital app available from next Monday to which one can upload one's vax cert.
"The sword of time will pierce our skins,
 it doesn't hurt when it begins,
 but as it works its' way on in
the pain gets stronger,
watch it grin.."

john m

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2021, 04:39:44 pm »
WHAT BOLLOX IS THIS ....There is to be a time limit of one hour and 45 minutes on customers being inside restaurants and pubs, with measures for premises to improve ventilation recommended. So bring your bird out for porter and chips while you are inside drinking and eating she can put the towels on the outside seats for later on .
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 04:44:49 pm by john m »

Offline watty

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2021, 05:42:43 pm »
Fukkin' hell  :o :o :o   The pubs might open but it sounds like they'll be shutting pretty quickly afterwards!

Dutch Covid-19 infections soar by 500% in a week (BreakingNews.ie)

Coronavirus infections in the Netherlands skyrocketed by more than 500% over the past week, the country’s public health institute has reported.

The surge follows the scrapping of almost all remaining lockdown restrictions and the reopening of night clubs in late June.  The weekly update showing that nearly 52,000 people in the Netherlands tested positive for Covid-19 over the past week came a day after caretaker Dutch prime minister Mark Rutte apologised for the June 26 lockdown relaxation and called it “an error of judgment”.  Mr Rutte backtracked on Friday and reintroduced some restrictions in an attempt to rein in the soaring infection rate.

Bars again have to close at midnight, while discotheques and clubs were shuttered again until at least August 13.

The Netherlands, along with other European nations, is facing a rise in infections fuelled by the more contagious Delta variant, which was first recorded in India, just as governments hoped to greatly ease or eliminate remaining pandemic restrictions during the summer holiday season.

<snip>

The Dutch public health institute said that of the infections that could be traced to their source, 37% happened in a hospitality venue such as a bar or club. Infections among people aged 18 to 24 surged by 262%, followed by a 191% rise in 25-29 year-olds.  Despite the alarming rise in confirmed cases, hospital admissions increased by a modest 11%, or 60 Covid-19 patients, over the week, the institute said.

john m

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2021, 05:47:26 pm »
I just got me Emailed cert even though according to the Minister I got needled in the Doctors so should receive my cert by MAIL .Fucking shambles before it even starts .It even comes with instructions on how to fold a piece of paper .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2021, 06:13:46 pm »
As soon as everyone in the country has been offered a vaccine all restrictions should be lifted.If the vaccines are the only answer and people don't wanna take them it's their own problem.What are we supposed to do close the economy partially for ten years?The pandemic is over.After Delta there will be many more variants for years to come.

john m

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2021, 06:18:15 pm »
So far nobody died of thirst or died of hunger .Go 24/7 with walkin vaccine centers every hospital ,chemist,bookies ,Pub used as vax centers wait till the end of the month if you havent got it you dont want it .Then open up .

john m

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2021, 08:16:24 am »
The youngfella that got Big Phil,s old Dail seat is getting revenge for his mate being Fucked by Leo ...Carlow-Kilkenny TD John Paul Phelan is reserving his position on the bill until he gets clarification from Stephen Donnelly around the rollout of PCR and antigen testing as a way of gaining entry to pubs and restaurants.

Mr Phelan raised significant concerns at a briefing provided to Fine Gael members on the plan last night. Still a big majority on here say Pubs wont stay open for long after they open .

Offline Belker

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2021, 10:44:04 am »
The youngfella that got Big Phil,s old Dail seat is getting revenge for his mate being Fucked by Leo ...Carlow-Kilkenny TD John Paul Phelan is reserving his position on the bill until he gets clarification from Stephen Donnelly around the rollout of PCR and antigen testing as a way of gaining entry to pubs and restaurants.

Mr Phelan raised significant concerns at a briefing provided to Fine Gael members on the plan last night. Still a big majority on here say Pubs wont stay open for long after they open .
The pubs will reopen on 26th July and will stay open.
Offer me an Even Money bet fer a Ton if you disagree John M ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2021, 10:49:03 am »
Just got my vax cert by email.
I got mine too, delighted with myself !  lol

john m

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2021, 10:49:58 am »

I have no clue Ken if or when they will open .Think they are playing politics with it .It will pass the vote Healy Wrays will support it so they can open .President might call the Council of State or send it to the Courts .The only hope I would have of winning that would be on the date it might be a day or two later or Possibly the Hooligan who once again has dissappeared might put the boot in .Not a betting proposition .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2021, 11:00:54 am »
The bottom line is we're tied to what the Brits do as we have a border with them.All this vaccine passport nonsense is just to make it look like we're doing our own thing when we actually have to do as others are doing or be left behind.

Offline Belker

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2021, 11:05:42 am »

I have no clue Ken if or when they will open .Think they are playing politics with it .It will pass the vote Healy Wrays will support it so they can open .President might call the Council of State or send it to the Courts .The only hope I would have of winning that would be on the date it might be a day or two later or Possibly the Hooligan who once again has dissappeared might put the boot in .Not a betting proposition .
I'll take 2's on fer a Deuce to win a Ton that says Irish pubs open on the 26th July and stay open, (bet ends Jan 1st 2022) if it is a day or Two later then you still win.

Show Unread Posts