Author Topic: SPSV renewal fees waived fer 2022.  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Belker

Re: SPSV renewal fees waived fer 2022.
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2021, 07:26:49 am »
got email

CCSN:

Vehicle licence number:

Vehicle registration:

Final Operation Date:

03-Apr-2022

Licence holder name:

Licence status:

INACTIVE - EXPIRED

Expiry Date:

11/04/2021

TIMED-OUT DATE:

11/04/2023
I think Cruiser is right, DMG should be good to go till Feb 2022.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2021, 09:45:59 am »
got email

CCSN:

Vehicle licence number:

Vehicle registration:

Final Operation Date:

03-Apr-2022

Licence holder name:

Licence status:

INACTIVE - EXPIRED

Expiry Date:

11/04/2021

TIMED-OUT DATE:

11/04/2023

That's nothing to do with the car Ken....that was the most recent Draft that was passed with regard to lapsed/inactive licences being given an extra year before they need to be reactivated before they're gone forever,
The current Draft "Proposal" is in relation to vehicles being allowed to operate beyond their maximum permissable age which will encompass vehicles that have already been granted an extension plus vehicles that will reach their age limit for the first time next year.

As with all the previous Draft proposals,they've all been passed.

john m

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2021, 09:51:25 am »
Hal that could be long fingered until they see how many drivers return to work if there are loads back then they might say .We have numbers covered .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2021, 10:15:33 am »
Hal that could be long fingered until they see how many drivers return to work if there are loads back then they might say .We have numbers covered .

What will be long fingered....the current draft proposal?

Doubt it John.....this is not an NTA initiative,this is being driven by politicians who are being lobbied by their constituents,they know the age group of these licence holders,most would be of our age and more than likely end up on the scratcher for the rest of their lives if their future livelihoods are removed,to be fair John....most of us them are unemployable!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2021, 10:17:32 am »
got email

CCSN:

Vehicle licence number:

Vehicle registration:

Final Operation Date:

03-Apr-2022

Licence holder name:

Licence status:

INACTIVE - EXPIRED

Expiry Date:

11/04/2021

TIMED-OUT DATE:

11/04/2023

That's nothing to do with the car Ken....that was the most recent Draft that was passed with regard to lapsed/inactive licences being given an extra year before they need to be reactivated before they're gone forever,
The current Draft "Proposal" is in relation to vehicles being allowed to operate beyond their maximum permissable age which will encompass vehicles that have already been granted an extension plus vehicles that will reach their age limit for the first time next year.

As with all the previous Draft proposals,they've all been passed.
It was a badly worded document leaving many questions unanswered.
I think Hal was right in Cruiser's case.
But in DMG's case I think he is OK till Feb 2022.

We really should not have to be discussing this and as experienced Taxi drivers should not have to be guessing about what rules apply to whom or what.

john m

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2021, 10:27:15 am »

What will be long fingered....the current draft proposal?

Doubt it John.....this is not an NTA initiative,this is being driven by politicians who are being lobbied by their constituents,they know the age group of these licence holders,most would be of our age and more than likely end up on the scratcher for the rest of their lives if their future livelihoods are removed,to be fair John....most of us them are unemployable!!

Thats exactly why they are doing it Hal so they will be watching who is returning .But there are other issues No names no scandal .I had an Hours work earlier this week went into a Shop fitting Company to reweld work that somebody else fucked up .Two of the Chippies have bought WATs used but got the Grant another two of the Work force are getting theres .If you drive parts of Dublin 12 you can see these vans parked on the footpath outside the workshop .If the fleet is growing faster than lads are leaving then they wont bother trying to prevent losses .Used WATs are a cheap runaround get you a small business and a car to drive as your daily .Instead of age extensions we should be looking for grants for lads to change their aged motors and do away with the WAV grants to new entrants .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2021, 10:29:24 am »
Ah the Doc will be good to go also,

I'm just glad the NTA have made these decisions early in the year to give some peace of mind to licence holders,i've expressed in mails to the NTA and my local TD's that the NTA have been slow to announce measures that could help to ease the concerns of licence holders.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2021, 12:00:20 pm »
got email

CCSN:

Vehicle licence number:

Vehicle registration:

Final Operation Date:

03-Apr-2022

Licence holder name:

Licence status:

INACTIVE - EXPIRED

Expiry Date:

11/04/2021

TIMED-OUT DATE:

11/04/2023

do you not mean feb 2023?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2021, 12:03:32 pm »
It's not passed yet Doc...but if/when it is your heap will be good till 2023.

Show Unread Posts