Author Topic: Back To Work Grand  (Read 828 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Back To Work Grand
« on: July 20, 2021, 04:21:27 pm »
Do we have to sign off puppy dole to claim?

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Back To Work Grand
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 04:25:25 pm »
Yes,according to welfare when I rang them months ago.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 04:41:56 pm »
That's on the long finger then. Hopefully someone will be keeping track of what's what so I can find out when I need to know. Thanks, MfH.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 05:08:53 pm »
When welfare rang me a few weeks ago the nice lady was unaware that we needed to sign off.Someone else will say if they got it without signing off I suppose.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 05:17:25 pm »
As long as it remins available best not to rock the boat, I guess.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 05:33:21 pm »
Anything I've seen about it says you have to sign off to get it,sprat to catch a salmon.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 05:36:20 pm »
I guess the question is will it still be available when we're forced to sign off under An Taoiseach's ongoing cuts. He can pay hundreds of millions of euros for an app that nobody uses but has to financially cripple working class tradesmen. We'll not forget what that horrible man did to us come the next election. Bring back Dr. Leo, Dr. Leo was great so he was...

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 08:36:45 pm »
The lady said I should contact the local SW office in Coolock if considering going back to work.

Offline Belker

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 08:16:42 am »
Do we have to sign off puppy dole to claim?
Yes, I singed off the PUP a few weeks back when the pubs kinda re-opened.

I rang Intreo (021 4806800) to ask about the Grand grant, there seemed to be a lot of hoops to jump through.
I was Pissed off with all the Red tape, but the Intreo lady insisted on sending me out the forms, which have been sitting on my kitchen counter fer the last fortnight, my puter went down one morning and out of total boredom I filled out the forms, actually not that hard to do, input anything, Insurance, Tyres, Service, running costs (no receipts required) but you must keep receipts fer the next year after. And post it off to your local Intreo office.

john m

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 09:06:43 am »
If a lot of self employed dont return to work the Government might up the Reward .Recently people running Sound Stages ,recording Studios and Sound Rental business got a fund of 11 million to help them cover costs of staying in business .Cant see why we couldnt get another payment on top of the Return to work payment to help with costs of returning, like servicing vehicles possibly needing to reset meters if the car has been laid up and the battery failed .Part of the 11 million the Theater industry got was to cover insurance and Mortgage payments on premises so why not car payments .The PUP for drivers is just a wage subsidy a lot of people who have returned to work are still having part of their wages paid by the government .I wouldnt be rushing to sign off until about November .When the Schools reopen and we Import thousands of Students who knows what version of the fever we will have and what effect it might have .But for those that are returning and thinking of going Hybrid or Electric I read somewhere Credit Unions as part of their Green policy are doing Green car loans for about 4.5% .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 10:33:25 am »
I wouldn't fancy walking into a Credit Union or bank at the mo as a self employed taxi driver lookin for coin...as you put it....i would want to be to be fair.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 03:43:21 pm »
If a lot of self employed dont return to work the Government might up the Reward .Recently people running Sound Stages ,recording Studios and Sound Rental business got a fund of 11 million to help them cover costs of staying in business .Cant see why we couldnt get another payment on top of the Return to work payment to help with costs of returning, like servicing vehicles possibly needing to reset meters if the car has been laid up and the battery failed .Part of the 11 million the Theater industry got was to cover insurance and Mortgage payments on premises so why not car payments .The PUP for drivers is just a wage subsidy a lot of people who have returned to work are still having part of their wages paid by the government .I wouldnt be rushing to sign off until about November .When the Schools reopen and we Import thousands of Students who knows what version of the fever we will have and what effect it might have .But for those that are returning and thinking of going Hybrid or Electric I read somewhere Credit Unions as part of their Green policy are doing Green car loans for about 4.5% .

What is the grant specifically for and can anyone avail of it ??

john m

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2021, 11:14:16 pm »
Justin If you collected the PUP and returned to work as a self employed person you can claim up to a grand to cover your costs of returning to work .If you mean whats the story with the entertainment business I dont know the limits our kid is looking for 20 k .She has a couple of million sellers on Spotify.  No money but plenty of image but thats the entertainment industry  Ricky Gervais is popular but I would prefer Bollock cancer and having by eyes boiled in my own piss than watching that cunt .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2021, 11:49:18 pm »
@Justin
You have to sign off the PUP to avail of it.

Show Unread Posts