Author Topic: If you wonder why I hate Veradkar  (Read 1738 times)

john m

If you wonder why I hate Veradkar
« on: July 21, 2021, 03:40:40 pm »

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar has said this wave of Covid-19 infections, driven by the Delta variant, will peak at around 3,000 to 4,000 a day, if we follow the course of, say Scotland.

Mr Varadkar said vaccinations have made a big difference, and that the current mortality rate is a tenth of that during the Alpha variant wave of the pandemic.

In this current wave, the mortality rate amounts to 0.1 to 0.2 per cent. During the Alpha wave, it was 1-2 per cent. The current rate amounts to 10 deaths per 1,000 cases of Covid-19, which Mr Varadkar said was MANAGABLE

Mr Varadkar said that it was hard to predict exact data but hopitalalisations could rise to 400 or 500 people, and patients with Covid-19 in ICU could rise to 50.

However, he said that figure was also MANAGABLE

john m

Re: If you wonder why I hate Veradkar
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 04:03:10 pm »
So between 30 and 40 people could die a day but the good news they can have a little few people in the church and a right good crowd back in the pub to give them a traditional sendoff .John Cleese wouldnt write comedy like this .

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 05:45:54 pm »
They have to let people drive cars also, even with the fore knowledge that people will die. There has to be personal responsibility. If you don't think that a pub or restaurant or taxi is safe, don't enter.
"The sword of time will pierce our skins,
 it doesn't hurt when it begins,
 but as it works its' way on in
the pain gets stronger,
watch it grin.."

john m

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 06:58:52 pm »
They have to let people drive cars also, even with the fore knowledge that people will die. There has to be personal responsibility. If you don't think that a pub or restaurant or taxi is safe, don't enter.

They do Robbie but they have Speedlimits and seat belts .The rush to give in to Publicans Staycations will spread the fever all over the Country .They could of went 24 hour vaccine service .We will see what happens Robbie But I think when a Medical Doctor says a certain amount of deaths are MANAGABLE not tragic just MANAGABLE you got to wonder what the real plan is .

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 07:09:49 pm »
Personal resposibilty; they are taking account of people's ability to do the wrong thing by choice. You can't stop people deciding die, you can only manage the result.
"The sword of time will pierce our skins,
 it doesn't hurt when it begins,
 but as it works its' way on in
the pain gets stronger,
watch it grin.."

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 07:27:04 pm »
I honestly thought you were just pretending to care about the virus spreading John.Are you really concerned about it running wild?Anyone who feels vulnerable to the next strain can stay at home and isolate themselves until more have been vaccinated.This shit could easily go on for ten years.

There is no other plan, unfortunately.There's no super vaccine waiting in a lab somewhere.This is all we have left.Could be a shite Netflix movie one day..

john m

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 09:06:23 pm »
Merch what I dont like is how they have introduced stupid rules that divide people .Remember the act they are using was the 1947 Public health act brought in to fight TB but still remained on the statute books now they have added to it .How can it be Lawfull .You can have as many people as you can fit into a Pub observing Social distancing but only 50 people can attend a wedding reception .So what happens if a girl in a wedding dress enters a Pub do they have to reduce the drinkers down to 50?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 09:11:03 pm »
Depends if she's havin the reception in the pub or just poppin in for a piss or even worse...a shite!!

Offline Cool Boola

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 12:26:07 am »
What about 2day. Is it still  MANAGABLE
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

john m

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 07:13:42 am »
What about 2day. Is it still  MANAGABLE

Its a New medical term for the acceptable deathrate of Burgers and Porter with a roof MANAGABLE .If kids under 18 need to be accompanied by an adult to eat inside does that mean teenagers cant sit down to eat a burger in Mc Donalds .What happens if Big Dommos grandaughter goes to Forzas for Chips Curry Sauce and a Long Ray for her Granny and takes a chip out of the bag and eats it in the shop is she breaking the law by indoor dining .Fucking ridicilous laws that cannot be defined .

Offline Belker

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 07:56:45 am »
Covid has been and still is an impossible pandemic to govern over with the constant changing of strains and mutations, no one even God himself could have got it right every time. I think Mick from Cork has done OK trough all this, Leo who gleefully handed him the poison chalice of leading government trough it has also done OK fer the country.

The social media hero's, begrudger's and whingers have not helped in the least !

And my Two's on bet is looking a lot healthier today !!
The PUP numbers will decrease rapidly from next week and the gov can't afford to close the pubs and reinstate the PUP.

john m

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 08:40:46 am »
Your 50s on to collect If they open they should stay open but we are talking Leo and Mick and Eamo the Cabbage Dr Hooligan and God Almighty are still on my side .I think there is bolloxology going on Ken .They wont say what the rules are until the weekend when the Courts are closed .Pubs will be open before any legal review .Harder for a Judge to close them than prevent them from opening .The Attorney General is not to happy with the fuckology .Can Kids go indoors to Mc Donalds .When is a Nightclub a Pub .You can Go to the Bookies but you cant make your Communion .Only 50 allowed at a Wedding reception .So what happens if you hold your reception in a Pub where more can attend ,will the barman ask do you have a wedding invitation before he lets you in or tells you sorry we are full of weddeners .If you go to the Galway Races and promise to drink but not bet are you a drinker or a sports fan If only a 1000 racegoers are allowed in can they have drinkers as well .Its a monumental fuck up .

john m

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2021, 08:55:01 am »
Here is a serious question .The Aviva can have a few thousand at a sporting event and they can open the bar .Whats to stop them Legally holding the Irish Hoola Hooping Championships with people performing on the Pitch while spectators gargle .Legally they have a bar licence and are holding a sporting event .They already held Rugby and Soccer Games ? Now What is to Stop other Sporting venues like Gaa Clubs from holding Kids Games and Opening the Bar .This whole thing is shambolic .They should of stayed closed or just opened not this fucking half way house solution .Giving into the Publicans Lobby another few weeks and everybody would of been vaccinated ,or so Mick and the Traitor say ?The one thing is certain SF will get every vote from people under 30 who have been shafted by these stupid rules .

Offline Belker

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2021, 09:02:31 am »
Hardly a monumental fook up but still far from perfect, but it will do and we will muddle our way through it.

I will offer you the same sporting gesture that you offered me last week, cash out now at 50% fer a Nifty.
Offer stands till midnight on Sunday night.

john m

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2021, 09:08:33 am »
Hardly a monumental fook up but still far from perfect, but it will do and we will muddle our way through it.

I will offer you the same sporting gesture that you offered me last week, cash out now at 50% fer a Nifty.
Offer stands till midnight on Sunday night.

Ill let it run Ken Im sort of on a no lose wager if I lose to you I win on the meter if I win from you we are not working So good luck to the winner .

Show Unread Posts